Help! I'm a stupid newbie!

d8alus

quote:

Originally posted by matrix:

so i am a newbe! but i do like to ask this question and unlike most i DO read questions and answers before asking one that had been asked so here is my q.

is there any whay to speed the game up especially when you are in transit in either real space or hyperspace. to my knowladge such feature did exist in a bc3000ad it was turned on with following command according to the site i found

ctrl + a

Nope SC took it out of BCM(or it was never put it I can never remember) messed with the AI clock or something if I remember right.

And it was discussed before

Look harder!

[ 12-12-2002, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

i did look before scanned the whole site and the manual nothing is mentioned regartding upping the game speed

Thats right. Nothing is mentioned about it in the manual because its not implemented nor supported.

quote:

[QB]is there any whay to speed the game up especially when you are in transit in either real space or hyperspace.QB]

The only method I see for this to happen is for someone to use the GBS-2 to mod the game and change those parameters. Since it (the GBS-2) has not been released yet, you'll have to chill and wait

quote:

thanks for the help

just one more question which is the most fuel efficcient ship ?

Short question - long answer - which I am not going to type.

Fuel consuption depends on engine/reactor

size of ship (cruisers are faster and I believe lighter on fuel)

There was/is a matrix/board under devolopment on one of the fleet sites that would do a comparison. I do not know if it is finished(something about the prime website is vaguely swiming around my head but maybe not) but again use the search function and you should find a link to it. But to be helpful, If I find it I will post it here.

About that time acceleration thing... You guys, are you sure it's been COMPLETELY removed??? That's not what I saw... at least in Debug Mode 1. I accidentelly found it, although I don't use it. 8x Acceleration? It's too artificial, seeing time pass by in that speed... No magic at all...

But, if you don't want to wait and see your mining drones take that much time to fill, or your repairs to complete, just jump to an other region and make somthing usefull... beat a Stormcarrier for example!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Its not what you think it is. But good luck using it though.

Boss, when you say something, that's it and noone questions it. Honestly!

I never claimed that time acceleration operates in normal game conditions. Debug mode is what it is and nothing more, nothing less. Personally, it's not my intenesion to run the game again in d1. Some things have to be done the right way, which means, the hard way!

Have a nice day!!!

(did some changes in my profile, but I'm still nasos073)