BC3K mouse problems (XP)

I've just succeeded in downloading and installing BC3K Legacy under Windows XP. But I'm experiencing mouse problems -- from pointer artifacts to abberant behavior to the mouse occasionally disappearing entirely.

Help, anyone?

TheKeeper

I have, yes. The only relevant statement I can find says BC3K - Legacy doesn't run under WinXP. In fact, it does, and others appear to have gotten it to run as well, based on other messages in this forum.

So, yes, BC3K under WinXP is an unsupported configuration. But heck, the whole GAME is unsupported -- in any configuration -- so I thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced and resolved this problem.

quote:

I've just succeeded in downloading and installing BC3K Legacy under Windows XP. But I'm experiencing mouse problems

I tried this a while back,and yes I remember the mouse cursor would do strange things.

If you are bound and determined to play BC3K 2.09,try the windows version of BC3K.Its included in the free download in a zip file,I believe.Something like BC3KWin or something like that.Its not without problems,I don't think the sound works right,and there are other problems,but I think the basic game was playable.

• 3 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by KRhodes:

I don't see any zip files inside the free download. (I got the one from fileplanet.)

My mouse cursor will move up and down, but at the main menu left/right movement is *really* slow and during the game it doesn't move left/right at all.

-Kris

It's called BC3K209WIN.

In the BC3000AD folder.

Thanks. CC, I found it.

For some reason the full screen version gives me garbled output, but the windowed mode works fine and looks better anyway since the resolution is so low.

Is 640*480 the only resolution in the normal game?

Also, if I go to the "configure" menu then when I exit out of it it flashes me immediately back to the "configure" menu so I have to quit the game and return. Inconvenient but not game breaking!

-Kris

quote:

Is 640*480 the only resolution in the normal game?

Yes,640*480 is it. Remember this is an old dos style game.

quote:

Also, if I go to the "configure" menu then when I exit out of it it flashes me immediately back to the "configure" menu so I have to quit the game and return. Inconvenient but not game breaking!

Actually, there are several things that work quite right.I don't think the save/restore game works,and I remember that in manual pilot mode (AP off) the throttle is stuck on full.

But hey.