Battlecruiser 2.09

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Fred-Z:

Hei;

Anyone here still plays 2.09 version? Because I live in Brazil and here don┬┤t have other versions to buy. My game was downloaded on oficial site.

I play the original boxed 2.00 on a Pentium 233, 64K RAM, with WinME. I tried installing the 2.09 version, but the framerate was haltingly sluggish on my Voodoo2 graphics card.

Guest kenny87

Your bottle neck there is Winblows Multiple Errors, which i don't think supports DOS sound anyway.

I couldn't have WinME installed for more than a month without it developing some sort of critical error resulting in me doing a wipe and reinstalling. So I went out and bought Win2k instead, which doesn't support DOS sound either but I can't even use the work around to get it installed anyway

"Your bottle neck there is Winblows Multiple Errors, which i don't think supports DOS sound anyway."

It does support DOS SoundBlaster, and in Windows, the Microsoft Sound System, which I currently use for 2.09.

"I couldn't have WinME installed for more than a month without it developing some sort of critical error resulting in me doing a wipe and reinstalling. So I went out and bought Win2k instead, which doesn't support DOS sound either but I can't even use the work around to get it installed anyway"

Depends on the soundcard you have inatalled, and the brand of computer. The MS Sound System should be resident in any Windows install.

Actually, 2.09 runs better in Vesa V1 mode under WinME, which is fine in my estimation.