Battlecruiser Millennium FREEWARE

Continuing the tradition of releasing my games for free on the net after their shelf life has expired and marking the imminent release of Universal Combat - A World Apart, I have today released the full and latest version of Battlecruiser Millennium.

Pass it around to your friends and be sure to check out our latest and forthcoming games.

Check the product page for the download link. Note that the mirrors will all take some time to propagate over this busy [E3] weekend.

[ 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would understand what really happens, rather than this "Jumping to Conclusions" ****. It's depressing that such a mistake by someone other than they guy who actually made the game can ruin the reputation like this.

The retorts of "You enjoy a game created by Derek Smart." is totally uncalled for in my opinion. If it's a good game then it's a good game. It doesn't matter if it's made by a specific person.

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

The retorts of "You enjoy a game created by Derek Smart." is totally uncalled for in my opinion. If it's a good game then it's a good game. It doesn't matter if it's made by a specific person.

Yeah and how they later say (2 guys) that they represent "The Whole Gaming Community" That thread had over 1000 views, curious how only 2 or 3 guys chose to post negative remarks out of over a thousand views.

My opinion on them in that link yesterday here Darkling....is this:

They ain't got the BRAINS to think on their own with whats given to them (ALL or any who complain if thought about really), given what is here by SC (in any made availiable)...I feel they should read below...then read 3 times more ok?

I don't think SC designed these 'games'...for a "Welcome 4 year old experience"...

If anything, he meant it for ones that are in these statements that follow:

(Potential quote, but opinion all the same here)

Wrap your brain around THIS and try to figure it out...why tell you everything for?

You have all the knowledge to guide you, given to you upon a silver platter...why SHOW you the way...do it as YOU see fit...then your actions, and time will tell how it nds up.

MANY aspects, many possibilities as well...Like life really...another life perhapse......

(Won't say...but if time availiable SC...mind telling me if I'm CLOSE atleast?)

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Hmmm...

I wonder who that dude is who supposedly 'saw the code'?

Who said that and where? For one thing, I'm the only person on this planet who access to the full source code for my games. And NONE of my dev team (1) play Eve (2) would breach their NDA (3) would post such nonsense on a forum.

So, don't believe anything you read. And if you can post on Eve (I don't intend on posting there), challenge him to prove that he has, in fact, seen the code and I'll give you a definitive question to ask him that will prove beyond a doubt as to whether or not he has in fact seen it.

I haven't read the whole thread yet since I'm busy; but I will try to later today.

EDIT: I have now read the thread. This person who says he has seen the code is just lying.

First of all, nobody I hire to work for me, would come come off as nothing more than an illiterate idiot who can't even spell, let alone put together a meaningful sentence. All the people who work for me, are professionals and all have been with me since day one. Further, I write 90% of my game code. Nobody else does that.

And like with every development that has multiple programmers, as the lead programmer, I'm the sole person responsible for incorporating everything into a game. Be it code (from say, graphics, multiplayer, dynamics etc) to content (e.g. sound, art, models) etc etc. Thats how games are developed. It doesn't take one person and of course, only a complete idiot (an alias on a board no less) would call that a mishmash.

Also, I never bought the rights to Freespace. Its not - and never was - a rumor. I was trying to get the rights to Freespace. If he has seen my game code, that means he works for me. If he does work for me, then he would know that I do not have the rights to Freespace.

If he still claims to have seen the game code, I would like to know the name of the .cpp file that is the main module for the game's AI kernel. Without that file, the game code won't compile.

Anyone with access to Eve forums, has my permission to link to my post in that thread so that others can be aware of this idiots lying. Thanks.

[ 05-29-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hello,

Said I didn't have access to post a new topic and wasnt sure where else to put this so I figured I would just post it here

Im just downloaded the game from fileplanet and it works great. Unfortunately when I try to open KEYBOARD_CMDS.PDF an error occurs

"There was an error opening this document. This Viewer cannot decrpyt this document"

I have the lastest version of Adobe reader, can someone direct me to another mirror that has a copy of this document?

• 1 month later...

It looks like I forgot to include the PDF manuals in the install script. ooops

I have sent them to 3DGamers and should be posted here later today. If you just extract the archive into the game folder, the two PDF files will go into the DOCS folder and the shortcuts will work correctly.

EDIT: 3DGamers have their mirror up now. The others should follow suit shortly.

[ 07-14-2005, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hello,

I downloaded BCM and instaled in my computer (AMD 1.0Ghz, 256mb sharing 64mb). My OS is Win2k (i made all update with windows update), the direct x is 9.0c. I realy want to play BCM (i have the other 2 free versions, and here in Brazil there is no any Battlecruiser game to buy). But when i try to play, i see this mensage: "Entry Point not Found The procedure entry point GetRawInputDeviceInfoW can't be located in USER32.dll". I saw that this is about direct x, but i dont know how to fix it. Someone can help me???

quote:

Originally posted by Fred-Z:

Hello,

I downloaded BCM and instaled in my computer (AMD 1.0Ghz, 256mb sharing 64mb). My OS is Win2k (i made all update with windows update), the direct x is 9.0c. I realy want to play BCM (i have the other 2 free versions, and here in Brazil there is no any Battlecruiser game to buy). But when i try to play, i see this mensage: "Entry Point not Found The procedure entry point GetRawInputDeviceInfoW can't be located in USER32.dll". I saw that this is about direct x, but i dont know how to fix it. Someone can help me???

Well you're posting without your profile so I don't know what kind of Video card you have, but I can tell you that it sounds to me like you need to upgrade your video card driver.

quote:

Hello,

The first Battlecruiser (take-two) was sold in Brasil (I have it). And with Internet (and a valid credit card)you don┬┤t need to buy a game only in Brasil. Most of the Best games relesead around the world aren┬┤t sold in Brasil stores, just when it┬┤s released by "big" companies (like EA).

quote:

Originally posted by almostpilot:

quote:

Hello,

The first Battlecruiser (take-two) was sold in Brasil (I have it). And with Internet (and a valid credit card)you don┬┤t need to buy a game only in Brasil. Most of the Best games relesead around the world aren┬┤t sold in Brasil stores, just when it┬┤s released by "big" companies (like EA).

Yes, the first Battlecruiser was sold here, with a computer's magazine. Buy recent version of Battlecruiser series is dificult becouse of the final price here, (taxes, conversion U$->R$ and other things). That's the problem...

Ok I understand the point, but unfortunaly computer games have a great price for brazilan gamers (because the money exchanges and import taxs from government)....

The first battlecruiser was sold in stores (Brasoftware) not only in magazine. The magazine release occurred two or tree years after the stores.

Guest Remo Williams

That tells me its a windows 2000 Pro issue. You have an os config problem has nothing to do with BCM, or your hardware.