Battlecruiser Millennium FREEWARE

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Millenium works fine for me in Win 2000 pro.

Sounds like a problem with your computer...

Yeah it's most likely to be a hardware driver or config setting. I've played BCM on Win2k Pro, Win2k server, XP Pro and Windows Server 2003. Server 2003 has DX video acceleration off by default and will get you when try to play games. LOL!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was unable to open the manual.pdf and keyboard_cmds.pdf files for BCM. Trying to do so resulted in the message "There was an error opening this document. The viewer cannot decrypt this document." Is there a place where I can download them? I tried searching on the Internet and found a concise manual that briefly explains the abbreviations, but I couldn't find the manual in its entirety.

I downloaded those documents yesterday and again at the time of this writing, but the manual was a 15 page document explaining the abbreviations for various things. The manual that came with the game I downloaded is over 600kb.

My version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most recent, and other .pdf files work fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Triton:

I was unable to open the manual.pdf and keyboard_cmds.pdf files for BCM. Trying to do so resulted in the message "There was an error opening this document. The viewer cannot decrypt this document." Is there a place where I can download them? I tried searching on the Internet and found a concise manual that briefly explains the abbreviations, but I couldn't find the manual in its entirety.

i saw the same message, so i instaled acrobat 6.0 then work fine.

...nobody knows???.. iā”¬ā”¤ll have to wait about 30 minutes in front of my computer until my ship be repair.. thatā”¬ā”¤s the only way??

i saw a patch to version 1.09.01 that do the time go faster by pressing "shift T", but when i installed, the game ask for CD.

Adding the cheat parameter to the Target line of the shortcut works fine

i.e.

code:

"C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millennium FREEWAREbcm.exe" -cheat

If you have done it correctly the word "CHEAT" will be displayed top right of the screen while in game.

This is the hot spot for the drop down cheat menu.

Shift+T will then advance time at a greater speed.

Fred,

Only start your repairs in the starstation. Assign one engineer to critical jobs first so you get any parts for free. Complete your other business and then leave the starstation. Go ahead and start your repairs again, concentrating the most engineers on the most critical jobs. If you have a super carrier it's really sweet as you have 20 engineers instead of 5 or 10. You might as well be doing something around the galaxy while your ship is being repaired.

Just be careful not to get in any fights!

ok... i understand. i was thinking that work like BC2.09, so when we left the starstation the ship was 100% repaired. in this version the estrategy is more important. a good commander has to know how to manage his crew. but now i have a real problem. almost all my crew is tired, but when they stay in "off duty" the fatigue factor increase like on-station. this factor only increase, my crew will start to die.

I noticed that too... When I let my mining drones run overnight, I usually put all non-essential personnel (everyone) in the medibay because their fatigue rises while off-duty. I thought this was because there wasn't enough space in the quarters, but I checked and there are just enough rooms.

quote:

Originally posted by Fred-Z:

but now i have a real problem. almost all my crew is tired, but when they stay in "off duty" the fatigue factor increase like on-station. this factor only increase, my crew will start to die.

N.B. The most probable reason for this is your CC still has battle damage check PERSCAN and see if the crew members are getting to their respective quarters.

Only if they reach their quarters will FF reduce.

quote:

Originally posted by Triton:

I noticed that too... When I let my mining drones run overnight, I usually put all non-essential personnel (everyone) in the medibay because their fatigue rises while off-duty. I thought this was because there wasn't enough space in the quarters, but I checked and there are just enough rooms.

FF does not rise if crew are truly off duty, it will reduce.

To check this start a new roam game command career with the cheat parameter added to the shortcut

Once launched from the station open PERSCAN and press SHIFT+T to elapse time.

Now watch your crews location, AI, FF, HF, how these values change and how they rotate under the instructions of the officers.

I tend to micro manage the Officers and Pilots i.e. send them off duty when FF reaches 10 but I let the officers manage the rest of the crew.

What Urza said plus you have to adjust the Max Thrust Factor,0-9 keys, as the engine upgrade progresses.

The max top speed of your CC is limited to the integrity of the engines; 100% = max top speed whereas 50% = 1/2 of max top speed. If you fail to adjust the Max Thrust Factor after engine upgrade is complete, then your top speed will remain @ 50% of your CC's rated max top speed.

I'm not sure I understand what is said here about engine upgrades. Do I have to press 0 through 9 as the upgrade progresses, or is there more to it than that?

And speaking of upgrades, I have the best reactor core Galcom HQ has to offer and it seems that I still don't have enough power to run everything. How do I know all of the upgrades are working to their potential?

Also, for some reason I can't seem to hit anything with my laser cannon. What am I supposed to aim for? I thought I was supposed to fire at the green box, but no matter how hard I try, I can't hit starfighters or even capital starships at point blank range. I have only one cannon for some reason (I fly a Firestorm), but I could have sworn I had more; everything associated with the laser(s) is undamaged, and power is properly allocated.

Hello,

i have a question about battlecruiser3000ad2.09

i know it`s an old game but i have version 1.017dc

i tried to download the version 2.09 but it doesn`t work, because one server is offline and one server is not free you need a membership for downloading (that costs) and the third server links to the second server LOOOL so i am not able to download the version 2.09!!! is there anybody who can help me ????it`s really important for me i love the game but my version has to many bugs and some buttons don`t work (crew button in shuttle *gg*) how can i get version 2.09 ? do anybody own it ? maybe someone can sent it to me by msn or icq ? please answer !!! sorry for my english i am not an american! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

there you need a membership!

i looked for the cheapest is 6$ i think

@chavis : not possible because i am playing with my second pc my first one is under repair for weeks bcm needs to much cpu and grafic

BCM i have allready downloaded by gamers hell that rulez !