Getting off of this dang rock.

Well, seeing as BCM's freeware now, and that I can't find an actual copy... well, anywhere, I figured I'd give it a shot. Confusion immediately ensued. So after a few... time units of some sort of pouring over the manual/key info, I managed to create a MERCENARY... Yeah.

Anyway, I get this logon/logoff screen. Don't know what to do with it and I just feel like getting used to it, so I decide to head out, figuring I'll return to the screen later.

The only problem is... how? I can't really figure out how to interact with much of anything, and a quick scan over of the manual proved to not offer the information I was looking for.

Of course, I'm not actually sure what this was, and the manual makes me think it was just the confirmation menu for character creation.

So, yeah. Tongue-tied and twisted just and earthbound misfit, I... have no idea how to get off of this planet. I assumed I have to go into a base somewhere and buy a ship or something, but... I'm not really sure how to do THAT. The manual doesn't mention groundbases.

By the way, the registration bit doesn't seem to support the free games. I've posted the small amount of system information I know directly in my sig until I can figure out how exactly to setup a proper profile. I don't recall the PM mentioning the free versions, but I might be wrong.

*moved*

BCM & BCM Gold are two different products. So please post in the correct forum.

Also, BCM has a complete PDF manual and a tutorial. Both of which answer your questions. In fact, its in the tutorial.

Entering a planet's atmosphere is simple - Just fly towards it! If you are really far away, target it and 'shift-9' to jump to it. You could alternately use the "FLY TO" "PLANETS" command for your Command Craft order. Your officers will let you know when your entering the planet's atmosphere. Putting on autopilot and hitting "shift-E" enables the CALS (Comp-assisited landing system)

Egress is also straightforward. Hit capslock to enable VTOL, rise to an acceptable altitude, hit capslock again to enable FTOL, then rise up to the altitude that has an 'O' next to it on your altimeter. Hit 'O' to return to space.

quote:

Originally posted by yungb:

Also how do you get money?

You can also get money by buying stuff from some stations and selling it at others. Check the inflation rate at the station, the higher the inflation rate, the higher certain items are.

Another good tip is to claim bounties upon ships, you get money and xp. Simply launch a shuttle and instruct it to tow a nearby enemy. Once it has grabbled onto the target instruct it to Deliver to a nearby Starbase(It also helps if you keep a base on your Priority list)

To be honest I have mixed feelings about this though. As a raider, it's enormous amounts of fun snatching away large capital ships in the midst of large battles. ^_^

On the other hand (at least in BCM. I don't know about UC) shuttles are practically the powerful craft in the game o.o I've wrecked fleets without firing a shot....hm ohwell Galcom has come to fear UCV Price of Freedom Argggh! me Mateys!