Where can I get some gameplay tips?

Klaitu

I need some help with my BCM.. I can't seem to get one of my fighters into "online" status after being disabled.

I know this isn't exactly the forum for it, but I don't really see as it matters considering everything I post gets deleted anyway.

ROFL. It gets deleted because you probably posted in support forum without a signature. That's why you gotta read the rules.

Is it in space, and you need it onboard? Then tracktor beam is your friend. If it's onboard and you mean you can't get it online after it's been damaged, you have to fix it first, and make sure it's batteries are charged.

In BCM series, the steps you would need to take if this Sci fi setting was real, is the steps you take in game. So once you start thinking about it, it will be like "Hey, why didn't I realize that before".

[ 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Soback ]

Okay, here's how it happened..

I sent them into combat, and the people in that fighter died, but it wasn't destroyed. I retrieved the fighter and got it back in the fighter bay, and I got it all fixed up with spare parts and all that stuff, and now everything on the fighter is at 100%, but the reactor charge is at 0%, and I can't seem to find any way to fix that.

So it charges automatically? Is there a particular system I need to ensure is powered on to charge it? Is there any way I can tell that it is successfully charging?

I only ask because it's been dead in my bay for like 3 days now.

Yes there is. I don't have the systems screen in front of me, but it's either the hangar bay power or some other system, read their names and see if any of them have to do anything with either the hangar bay or interceptor/fighters.

I will get back to you on that one by tomorrow evening, once I fire up the game.

The intercetor number on the right should turn blue (I think), when it's charging.

Alrighty, a couple new questions then:

1. Is there any way to swap out the Joystick axis? Presently, when I pull left on the stick, the ship rolls instead of turning.. and when I twist the stick, THEN it turns. I would like this to be the exact opposite.

2. Is there any way to edit the .ini files in order to change the stats on my ship? I've tried editing them, but they seem resistant to it. Even a minor change like changint the price of nutripaks from 25 to 24 results in a crash.

You guys rule!

Concerning charging the fighter, have you tried to assign a couple of flight engineers to it in TACTICAL -> LAUNCH?

You can deploy mining drones by putting a pilot in a shuttle, making sure the drone is in the shuttle (using tactical -> loadout -> cargo) and setting appropriate waypoint in TACOPS. Then just launch shuttle and maybe command it to RESUME WAYPOINTS.

Yeah, I've tried the flight engineer thing, and I think I discovered the problem.

The fighter was perfectly equipped and loaded and repaired, it was just at 0% charge.. and since the game time travels reeeeeeely slooooooooowly, it took forever to charge up. (It was at 90% before it turned green again)

I still haven't been able to get the shuttle to deploy mining drones.. it just lands and then RTB's wiithout deploying anything at all.

I also can't figure out how to get my OC's out of my shuttles while they are landed.

And while I'm here, how the heck do I target and fire an Orbit to Surface missile?

quote:

Originally posted by Klaitu:

Yeah, I've tried the flight engineer thing, and I think I discovered the problem.

The fighter was perfectly equipped and loaded and repaired, it was just at 0% charge.. and since the game time travels reeeeeeely slooooooooowly, it took forever to charge up. (It was at 90% before it turned green again)

I still haven't been able to get the shuttle to deploy mining drones.. it just lands and then RTB's wiithout deploying anything at all.

I also can't figure out how to get my OC's out of my shuttles while they are landed.

And while I'm here, how the heck do I target and fire an Orbit to Surface missile?

It's been a while but let me give this a go..

mining drones

Put a pilot/marine/someone in shuttle and make sure drone is on board. Zoom to planet and set a "deploy mining drone" waypoint. I used to find that if you drop a "contine to next waypoint" one first it helped but that may no longer be the case... Make sure you have selected the correct shuttle number when creating your wp. Launch your shuttle. That should do that one.

OC's launch

Same as the mining drone above, however select deploy OC x (where x is the number of the loaded OC)

OTS missile

Make sure OTS is on board. Go to tacops and zoom to your target area. Click the OTS button and you will get a reticle. Place it over the target and left click. note CC needs to be in close planet proxitity for this to work. Sit back and watch the fireworks.

It's been two years since I've played a BC/UC game and about the same since I've been here so E&OE ok?

Ok, now I think its my turn to ask a dumb/silly/stupid question

Is it possible to launch a fighter with a specific missile loadout. I have observed the following:

1. When a fighter docks, when prepped, it is loaded according to the loadout specified in the LAUNCH screen. So when launched again, it will have this missile loadout.

2. When I put my AE in a FC and launch it using the TLM on bridge screen, and selecting a specific missile loadout in this menu, the fighter will still have the loadout selected in the LAUNCH screen in TACTICAL. This means that the TLM missile profile selection has no effect?

*Topic moved* (though it should have been deleted)

quote:

Another Question!

How do I deploy Mining Drones? Can I do it remotely, or do I have to have the commander go down to the surface?

Also, is there any activity with the galaxians in the game?

I have a question: Are you actually planning on reading the game manual at some point?

Excellent game!!, just downloaded the free 130+ meg file from the net a couple of days ago. One small thing (curious)...Has anyone found any way to adjust the brightness/gamma without booting from the 3dfx.bat?? or am I out of luck (IE using the basic Bc3k.bat file instead). I read the FAQ which came with it, but it said gamma correction is/was only available in in 3dfx mode. My card is an old G-Force 2 which translates into Nvidia (won't work). Anybody know of a work-around so I can see the cool intro?? I can't exactly see whats going on...too dark. I probably just need a new card and monitor...can't afford it right now) though.

Thanks in Advance

quote:

*Topic moved* (though it should have been deleted)

When I posted in the Battlecruiser Millenium forum, it got deleted. I would never have guessed to post in the Battlecruiser 3000AD forum, as I do not own that game.

quote:

I have a question: Are you actually planning on reading the game manual at some point?

I would love to, but you didn't include the full manual with the freeware distribution of the game.

cmdr is going to be mad about me not having sytem profile but to do that i need a cd key and i got the freeware too so i hope its all right if i just post in this forum to help people as i have read about every thread and know how to do most things and i rather cmdr spend time and money on making a even cooler bc games so ill help anybody who needs battlecruiser mel non gold help as thats what i got

i would get UC but my comp barly runs bcm its got 128 ram nor do i have any money at this time so just ask if anyone needs game help.

almost forgot to get manual go to the folder u installed in and enter docs it should be in there

the way i do it though is my

computer/program files/3000ad/battlecruiser/docs/manual

hope that helps

quote:

Originally posted by inteck:

Excellent game!!, just downloaded the free 130+ meg file from the net a couple of days ago. One small thing (curious)...Has anyone found any way to adjust the brightness/gamma without booting from the 3dfx.bat?? or am I out of luck (IE using the basic Bc3k.bat file instead). I read the FAQ which came with it, but it said gamma correction is/was only available in in 3dfx mode. My card is an old G-Force 2 which translates into Nvidia (won't work). Anybody know of a work-around so I can see the cool intro?? I can't exactly see whats going on...too dark. I probably just need a new card and monitor...can't afford it right now) though.

Thanks in Advance

sorry for posting again couldnt edit the other post took to long but to change gamma for most games i just change the moniter gamma.

quote:

quote:

I would love to, but you didn't include the full manual with the freeware distribution of the game. [/QB]

The questions you've been asking are covered in the manual released with the game.

PLUS you can probably find BCM Gold or UC for $10 either online or in stores. They both have a full printed manual.