Prime Fleet News

Supreme Cmdr

Thomas, its all yours. Please move all important threads over here and link to the URLs of the main fleet forum.

Also, we are integrating 15th Space Marine Battalion and 7th Orbital Marine Battalion into the Orion Fleet structure.

Don't forget that SMB are the guys running around on the planet surface, driving ATVs etc. The OMB are the guys stationed in cruisers and carriers and who, sometimes get to go out in space in jetpaks.

We therefore need to create the following new battalions and re-assignments

quote:

1st SMB / 1st OMB - Prime Fleet

9th SMB / 4th OMB - EarthCOM Fleet

15th SMB / 7th OMB - Orion Fleet

14th SMB / 9th OMB - ISS Fleet

Ristar, be advised.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I opened a new thread called Prime Fleet Pinboard.

quote:

use this thread to discuss everything related to the Prime Fleet, which does not belong to one of the other threads. Here, you can also ask the moderator of this forum (that's me!) to open specific new threads.

Have fun.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

new threads have been created, one for each Wing. Have fun!

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Dragon - Order of Jade Dragon

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

• 11 months later...

Ladies, and Gentlemen!

we can now use a new chat room over at:

irc.webmaster.com

#galcom-prime

You can access it through some Java applet here:

www.hexen-heiden.de/gudihl/galcom-prime.htm

Otherwise, you need a so called IRC client program. One possible can be found here: mIRC

I expect our staff personell (fleet staff, wing staffs, etc.) to register a Nickname and report in. I can then give you Operator Status for the chat room.

Best regards.

------------------

Fleet Commander Joe Gudihl

GCV Dark Star, GALCOM HQ (Earth)

G6 Fleet Leader - Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 03-17-2001).]

Thomas, just wondering, since the bcm channel is on gamesnet, would it be much of a hassle to have your fleet's chatroom on the same network? It'd allow new people to find the channels alot faster, and also let YOU guys be in the bcm channel (or there'd have to be 2 mirc instances open which of course is annoying over the time).

------------------

Rear Admiral RaVeN

ICV-Merlin, Balor

Intelligence

Balor Fleet

Team 3000AD

(Sound/Music BCM/GCO/Prowler)

• 3 months later...

Gentlemen,

I am on vacation from today until July, 27th. Direct all questions to your Wing Leaders, or Cmdr. Giao (SpcFX) during that time.

Cmr. Max., you should have received an email.

Best regards.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Thomas Siemens ]

I didn't get any E-Mail from you. Sorry. Does anyone know what he sent? That won't work, no one's ever here

P.S. To all of you people this was a joke, I was bored, continue on, AND STOP POKING YOUR HEAD IN grr.....

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: BCFreak13 ]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

Breaking News!!

Prime Fleet will have its own web site soon. The domain name primefleet.com was registered this weekend. Unfortunately though the host I choose only allows frontpage 2000 to connect to the server for page building and editing. So I will be switching hosts in the next couple of days.

I hope that our Fleet Leader, and Wing Leaders will all get together and help build the site. I understand if you have to much to do at the moment, but hopefully you can at least make some suggestions as to content and layout etc. So far Beta, and Delta Wing Leaders are in.

I would like to have a meeting to discuss the new site at either Active worlds or the IRC chat channel Thomas made for us above in this thread. Once we know where were all going to meet I'll try to set a time that works best for all envolved. Probably this weekend sometime.

If you have any comments or would like to help with the site post it here or email me at [email protected]

Regards

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest Remo Williams

Ok cool! Well thats three of the five Wings not counting the 1st.OMB, and 1st.SMB hopefully the rest will join us later.

Lets try to meet this Saturday the 11th at 10:00 AM PST. in active worlds Commanders Village Square. Let me know if this time is good for you guys.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

What's that Remo? You're not making a secret deal with a bunny, are you? That constitutes to a court martial, you know!

LOL!!!

RP

You caught me, I confess, I bought web space from the Insurgents. I'll be in my quarters awaiting a formal hearing.

/RP

quote:

p.s. The homepage link on your profile page points to
As a result a bad link.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll correct that right now.

Looks like 10am PST Saturday isn't going to be good for me. I'll post my ideas here for the record, and I'll abide by any decisions made at the meeting. If someone could email me the conversation log at [email protected] I'd appreciate it.

My ideas:

1. Private Board which only Prime can read (great for tactics, assignments, intel, and so forth)

2. Web space for each wing with bio's ship assignments, crests, screenshots, etc.

3. Prime fleet news.

4. Internal position postings

5. Galactic map showing Wing patrol assignments (possibly in passworded area)

6. Recruitment page.

I'm working on a background (or introduction) image for Gamma Wing, I'll post the link as soon as it's ready.

Feel free to assign me to any part of the web development. I'm happy to do my share.