Prime Fleet News

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Whoa!, does that sound insubordinate or what? Ah well, not my COs.

Thats true,oh well I heard they need some help in the kitchen at GALCOM HQ. I wonder where i can find some personnel. LOL!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

From the Fleet FAQ

In multiplayer, each side a set amount of resources. So, if a fleet only has 4 carriers, it is up to the leaders to give those advanced assets to the most deserving commanders, during the course of a career.

Thus, once MP starts, we need to check resources, and reassign assets anyway. The rule I stated above is just a rule of thumb for roleplaying purposes.

I assume that Leaders have access to flag ships, and that the MK3 series ships are of limited availability. Remember that in BC3K, everybody had access to a MK2. Those were the two reasons for this "rule of thumb".

Best regards.

I may have a office on Velari, but the seat will be cold as i'll never be in it

My cammanders chair on the Eliminator will be warm , and my engines burnin as i gun for some bunnies.

XO will probably be the guy to see if you want me to get word

:-)

His office is open 24/7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

That was before Orion Fleet was formed when GALCOM was just starting out. Things have changed since then, so that is not Beta Wings primary duty any longer. When Orion Fleet was formed and stationed in Alpha Centauri it freed Beta wing up for other duties you'll see when Prime's RP history is completed.

BTW post stuff like this in the Prime Fleet Pinboard thread to discuss, or on the Prime Fleet forums board. Theres a thread in the secure area titled "Prime Fleet history" if you would like to help work out Primes history, thanks.

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest Remo Williams

Prime Fleet has a new member Cmdr. Ishiro Kaneda.

Cmdr. Kaneda you are assigned to Beta Wing. Report into the Beta Wing News thread to receive your squadron assignment and help with your forum sig from your Wing Leader Cmdr. Martin.

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks FC.

You must have missed my post in the Alpha Wing News Thread about switching Cmdr. Mchanon to Gamma and Cmdr. RA to Delta.

Thats alright though since they failed to report into their Wing Leader in the time frame I set for them. You can just remove them from the DB at this point. Hopeful Cmdr. Kaneda will report into his CO sometime within the next week. We don't need anymore dead weight in the DB since you just cleaned it up.

BTW I have prepared another list of the inactive members of Prime. It contains all the names of the Cmdr. that have not posted since the last roll call. I'll post it for all to see at the beginning of the month. This may keep our size down but at least will all be active when MP starts.

Guest Remo Williams

Prime has a new member Cmdr. Grimjack has registered to the 1st SMB. His assignment will remain as is since he registered to a marine battalion instead of a wing.

I'll be going over the assignments this weekend. I think the next Commander that registers is earmarked for Epsilon wing. unless they join a Battalion. Badgerius has your new recruit contacted you by email or in anyway at all. this registering then disappearing is getting frustrating. Not much sense in me keeping track of personnel at this rate. Badgerius you want another staff position? LOL! just kidding.

Remo,

No need for daily (or weekly) roll calls IMO. It should be enough to check active commanders once a month, or even every other month.

I tell new recruits to register in the Forum (i.e. here). If they fail to do that within, say, a month or two, they will be purged from the Fleet DB.

Later, once MP will be active, I will stop assigning assets for them, until they report in. This way they will not be able to play MP until they reported in. That should be enough, shouldn't it?

Best regards.

Guest Remo Williams

The password for the secure area has been changed on the Prime Fleet Forums. If you haven't received email from me with the new Password and you should have access. Let me know and I'll send you the password asap. I hope to see all wing leaders, staff chiefs, and squadron leaders there over the next couple days.

Guest Remo Williams

Ok Commanders I'm closing down the the secure tactical area on the Prime Fleet Board. Until we figure out whos staying and whos going to the Gammulans. If you want to continue discussing the recent tactical changes lets do it by email. Of course any non-critical info can still be posted in the other forums on the board.

Email discussions? Yucky. And does that prevent leakage? Don't think so. You're still going to write with people that might oneday decide their (RP-)genes don't fit right, and change race/caste. (Or add race/caste)

There's nothing we can do about it, I think. We'll just have to hope they won't missuse that information. And make a policy out of it that we (Prime) wil not use it, when it comes to us.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

First mission is up at the Prime fleet forums. Lets all try to complete this one by this weekend. Its a very simple mission you should all score well on it.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

Attention all Prime fleet Command and Wing staff personnel. Please read my post here and post your thoughs or suggestions.

That is all.

[ 02-02-2002, 21:34: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

My thoughts:

Keeping up with two seperate channels of comms chatter is difficult, especially when RL pursuits keep one very busy. Add beta testing BCM to the equation and the sum is bound to come up negative.

Add to that a short notice roll call and you will more than likely find many members getting the boot. This is not a good thing for the fleet or BCM in general.

I would also like to see a UBB forum for the fleet that does not include ads of any kind. If that requires dues, I have no problem with it.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Keeping up with two seperate channels of comms chatter is difficult, especially when RL pursuits keep one very busy. Add beta testing BCM to the equation and the sum is bound to come up negative.

I run to two businesses, go to the doctor two times a week because of terminal lung disease, Beta test BCM, and monitor all three forums. I guess its all on how you manage your time ehh!

quote:

Add to that a short notice roll call and you will more than likely find many members getting the boot. This is not a good thing for the fleet or BCM in general.

It was up for 10 days hardly short notice IMO. Besides I changed that anyway. Also were going to hold a meeting this next weekend to draw up a Fleet charter; which your welcome to attend if you have the time.

quote:

I would also like to see a UBB forum for the fleet that does not include ads of any kind. If that requires dues, I have no problem with it.

Already suggested that to the rest of the fleet. They didn't care one way or the other. Not sure where you were at, but hey I'll let you know were to send your dues. Just kidding, if and when I switch to UBB I'll foot the bill just like I'm doing with the web site.

BTW were still waiting for your AE BIO for the Site. You can mail it to [email protected] when you have the time, thanks.

Regards

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Rm:

I think the Ez Boards charge a monthly fee to remove their ads ($30 per month, i think)

Thanks, I'll check into it.

Reporting in commander. May I prepose an idea: when BCM multiplayer comes out, could we use voice communications? Roger Wilco is easy to install and works great. It would be easy to set up a private server for fleet activities, my machine could be a possible canidate.