Prime Fleet News

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Yeah, saturday 9 pm my time sounds good. Not sure how I can add to the website business. Closest relevant thing I did was make a html table in a post here. But I'll attend.

ok great see ya there Rico.

quote:

Looks like 10am PST Saturday isn't going to be good for me. I'll post my ideas here for the record, and I'll abide by any decisions made at the meeting. If someone could email me the conversation log at [email protected] I'd appreciate it.

Ok maybe next time then. I'll make sure you get the conversation log.

quote:

My ideas:

1. Private Board which only Prime can read (great for tactics, assignments, intel, and so forth)

2. Web space for each wing with bio's ship assignments, crests, screenshots, etc.

3. Prime fleet news.

4. Internal position postings

5. Galactic map showing Wing patrol assignments (possibly in passworded area)

6. Recruitment page.

Great ideas will be sure to discuss them at the meeting thanks.

quote:

Feel free to assign me to any part of the web development. I'm happy to do my share.

Ok cool, Thats one of the issues I hope we get worked out at this meeting. We need to know whos going to do what.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about the rest, but I have a tech reason. AW refuses to get a connection to the net. reason 87 or something. Ordinary mail and browsing is no prob, as I am writting this, just no AW. Never had this before. So, I'll keep trying, but I can't promise.

Have fun to those who do attend.

(fixed it .. never screw with something that works )

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

I think we should've met on IRC, that way everybody should be able to connect & converse without any problems.

Has anyone got a copy of the log from the AW session they could post or send me?

I couldn't agree more, I "was" there yesterday, but in the meanwhile I tried to write something all others had changed the subject already My connection to AW was so laggy that even writing one character took about one second. (Well nearly)

I think in the future we should consider either irc or icq for the meetings.

Thomas has setup a irc channel for us so why not use it?

You don't need irc client, all you have to do is log in here(again thanks to Thomas for the Java applet).

IRC would probably be the best, AW is just too bandwidth intensive for those without high speed access.

Also, the main directories have been added to the FTP part of the site, each wing and Marine batallion gets 7 megs at this point, since it will mostly be graphics etc, I don't think that 7 megs will be filled up awfully quick. I think it should be plenty.

Also, the Background that Badgerious is working on, I think that the MAIN page should have The Earth region as it's main thrust, Gamma, the moon, and Delta and Epsilon, Mars. I will try and put together some examples tonight, and see if Badgerius and I can't together come up with something Kickin'!!! so, there ya be!!

Guest Remo Williams

Agreed we should meet in IRC from now on. Unforunately I was feeling very ill yesterday, and was late getting to the meeting. So no conversation log was made, sorry guys. In short all we discussed was the directory structure of the site, and the backgrounds for each Wing. Also we agreed that getting the Wing logos completed and approved was fairly important. We'll have to meet again in the next week or two. Hopefully with more of the Wing Leaders present.

quote:

Also, the main directories have been added to the FTP part of the site

Cool thanks Jaguar.

quote:

I will try and put together some examples tonight, and see if Badgerius and I can't together come up with something Kickin'!!!

Great!! I look forward to seeing them.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Badgerius, send me your e-mail in a private reply please, need to discuss this background thing. I have a few ideas and you have an excellent start on it, please message me so that we can get together and get this thing figured out ASAP. Want the Primefleet page up and running before some Insurgent, (you know who you are) decides to give me a bunch of garbage about it!!

Looks like we have the same ideas, Jaguar. My email is on my profile, [email protected]

I disagree that the main page should have a earth-centric theme. Prime isn't just about Earth. I think that if Gamma has a moon background, Alpha and Beta should have Earth, with Delta and Epsilon having Mars.

For the main page, I'm thinking something more general, like this:

Prime Fleet Image

I look forward to seeing what ideas you've got, Jaguar.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Want the Primefleet page up and running before some Insurgent, (you know who you are) decides to give me a bunch of garbage about it!!

LOL!!!

quote:

I think that if Gamma has a moon background, Alpha and Beta should have Earth, with Delta and Epsilon having moon.

Since Delta and Epsilon Wing are stationed at Starpath in orbit around Mars why would they use the moon in there background?

I've been working on a background for the main page also. I'll post it when I'm finished to see what you guys think.

Ok, we've got three people working on the main page background. I think a competition/voting is in order here.

But...

What about the rest of the page? Have we got a division of labour, here?

I assume that Wing commanders will be responsible for their own wing areas, so that's not a problem. By my estimation, we need the following done, minimum:

Overall look and feel.

backgrounds

Prime board.

Recruitment page with application form.

Wing Areas.

I can do the recruitment page, or the board. Can our site handle PHP and databases? If so, I know a good, free web board we can use.

In any case, the look and feel must be done before we go any farther than the background.

Thomas, we should perhaps set up a thread to display, and vote on, the background and look-and-feel proposals that come in. Or maybe you've got some other plan. Either way, we should get organized so we don't end up with 326 background images and no web page

Badgerious,

The web server can handle just about anything that we want to put on it.

Now, as far as a board is concerned, are you thinking a Forum, for the Primefleet webpage? If so, please think again, Nothing will take up hard drive space faster then a message board. And lord know I don't need another Interent board to check every day!!

And as far as the background and the webpages are concerned, we need to come up with a template for the wing pages so that they are somewhat uniform, and a clear idea on what is expected on each wing webpage. Type of info, personal ifo, ship info, system info, mission info etc...

Fine, no message board. I can understand that. Although I'd like a place where we can post privately. Something for the future, perhaps.

I agree on the template idea. That's what I was driving at when I was talking about look-and-feel.

Jaguar, I missed the meeting so I don't know what was decided. Are you in charge of this project? If so, I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Guest Remo Williams

Actually I was thinking about creating a password protected forum HERE and linking it to the web site to discuss tactics etc.

quote:

Jaguar, I missed the meeting so I don't know what was decided. Are you in charge of this project?

I offered control of the project to Fleet Cmdr. Gudihl, but never got a response so I assume he's to busy at the moment to take on any new projects. So with that in mind I decided that we should be able to complete this project without any one leader but as a group through compromise and discussion. If that don't work then the fleet will vote for a leader to take control of the project.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I offered control of the project to Fleet Cmdr. Gudihl, but never got a response so I assume he's to busy at the moment to take on any new projects. So with that in mind I decided that we should be able to complete this project without any one leader but as a group through compromise and discussion. If that don't work then the fleet will vote for a leader to take control of the project.

Well, I am busy at the moment, but that's not the point. This project would be under the leadership of the fleet's PR dep., i.e. Cmdr. Giao (SpcFX). OTOH, it's developing fine, so all I would ask is that Fleet Staff does have the last word, or at least some kind of veto.

Just remember, if the SC does not like something, or he even want something to be included under any circumstances (like some copyright remarks), we all have to obay anyway...

Keep on the good work, guys!

Best regards.

Guest Remo Williams

Ok cool, As soon as Cmdr. Badgerius, and Cmdr Jaguar complete the Wings page template you can start working on the content to fill the Epsilon Wing section of the site. If you have any ideas for the template contact Badgerius and Jaguar.

Also you might want to start working on a logo for Epsilon Wing. When its finished then you must get it approved by the SC by submitting it to [email protected]

Regards

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest Remo Williams

Ok Commanders I finally got the DNS switched to our new host, sorry for the delay.

Badgerius, Jaguar contact me and let me know how much you've got done on the page template and background images. I would like to get this site up before BCM goes gold if possible, thanks.

Regards