PRIME FLEET members, read!

Thomas Siemens

Thomas:The way that the fleet is set up will give a large selection of positions to all the Commanders. Since I prefer to be in black-ops, G2 would be the best area for my talents. If this is where you think that my ship and crew can be most beneficial for Prime Fleet, I would like to be assigned there.

Respectfully,

'MAX'

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badgerius, let us say that each Squadron consists of up to nine ships. (But never more, because of the numbering scheme...) Therefore, we can use 8 ships squads in BC:M, or even 4 ships squads (in case we want two "mini" squads)!

MAX, Cmdr. Badgerius is assigned to G2, and G3 at the moment. If he can live with "just" being G3, I see no problem in assigning you to G2. Any comments from you, Badgerius, or your office, Cmdr. Robertson?

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

I have to agree that Max has more experience in the area of Security and Intel, so I will respectfully bow out of the G2/G3 position.

However, I don't think I'd like just the G3 position, so I'd like to officially request a Wing Commander position. Since I'd rather not be stationed at GalcomHQ (just because I always have been) I'd like Gamma, Delta, or Epsilon Wings, if possible.

Best of luck rooting out those insurgents and finding New America, Max!

Before I sign up for any staff position, I'd like to know about the job discription that goes with it. I have a feeling of what G/Sx1 (personel) or G/Sx5(PR) means for duties. Recruiting from 'wet ears'-newbies for G/Sx1 and website organisation for the G/Sx5 positions. And the G/Sx6 would be in charge of everything I suppose. Or the guy to blame when things go wrong. wink.gif But what do the other staff places require for activities? Logistics? Tactics? (XO? sorry for asking, but ... meaning what?) These are probably mostly multiplayer based positions, and would be just a title. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like to know, as I'm not a RP-er,I want to know what I'm up against. It must be more than just a title behind/infront my name.

Rico

Jobs: Cmdr. Badgerius is hereby assigned to the position S36, Commander of the Gamma Wing, as requested. Cmdr. Maxamillian is assigned to the position of G2/G3, as requested.

Rico, I try to explain the jobs:

G1/Sx1 Personnel: responsible for all personnel activities.

G2/Sx2 Security/Intelligence: responsible for maintaining security (includes MP - military police), and intelligence, i.e. getting information, etc.

G3/Sx3 Tactics: heheh, what do you think? Someone has to tell them what to attack, and defend...

G4/Sx4 Logistics: responsible for providing everything but personnel, i.e. ships, food, weapons, "munition", and so on. Has the support fleet under his/her command.

G5 Public Relations: the "interface" between the Fleet and the civilists. (Btw., there is no such job on Wing level, the Commander, or the Staff Chief can do that job.)

--/Sx5 Staff Chief: 2nd in command of the Fleet, or Wing. The poor guy who does all the work, and is responsible in those times when the chief is away. wink.gif

G6/Sx6 Commander: guess!

(XO is short for Executive Officer.)

One last thing: signatures!

There exists some standard in the prime fleet for signs, example:

Commander Badgerius

GCV-Dilligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

"some kewl quote!"

You do not need to state your web site, email address, or icq number in the signature. There is that "personal info" button at the top of each message, where those information are provided.

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 02-19-2000).]

Ok, again, it seems I'm looking for more resposibility than there is. Maybe when multiplayer get's loose it changes. I guess there aren't that much responsibilities right now. For example, right now, no logistics need to be taken care of. Or is there? I'm asking this because I don't like to sign up for anything I can't proove myself with. I know it's just a game. But you (Thomas) weren't nominated as Fleet Cmdr. for nothing. As I said, it must be more than just a title to your name.

I guess I must forgot to say something first. I have never done multiplayer with anygame ever. So, I'm a bit hesitant. I don't know what to expect. Roleplay is nothing for me, sorry, don't have the patience for it. I love to read, but then a book. I wouldn't know what would be expected from me. I guess I have to (sort of want to) wait for BCM to introduce me to the action. Maybe I'll ascend thru the ranks. And peek at what the ones above me are doing.

Nevertheless, Prime does need order. I'm not very familiar with military command structures. Maybe that's a signal too. I never needed (and hopefully it stays that way) to do service. I'm more of a scientist commander, I guess.

One question though, Thomas? "S", from Sx4, as in "Staffel"? Or something else. Also, Wing designations in the staff places might be less confussing when using the alphabet, SA1,SB1,SC1 for Personnel Officers of Alfa Beta and Gamma wing. Numbers confuse like this. Atleast me.

Rico

p.s. You want signatures eventhough I don't know what wing or squadron I'm assigned too?

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 02-18-2000).]

Rico,

Currently, there isn't much for any of us to do. Some of us may work on the web page, but really, that's all there is in the way of real work, unless you want to be a recruiter. We're building a structure so that when multiplayer, and then later massive multiplayer, becomes a reality, we'll be ready. Then there will be lot's to do.

But if you want to work your way up through the ranks (which can be a lot more fun, espicially if you're new to multiplayer), why don't you join Gamma Wing's 1st squadron? You'd start as a fighting member of a small team, and work your way up through squadron commander, to Wing staff, and then on to whatever takes your fancy.

The position is open if you want it. Once the squadron has a few people in it, I'm going to try to organize other multiplayer games for them to play together as a team, so you'd be introduced to multiplayer nice and easy.

Anyway it's a suggestion. Let me know.

PS: Doesn't greek go Alpha Beta Gamma Delta Epsilon? That would make Gamma Wing S3, not S5, right?

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Badgerius (edited 02-18-2000).]

Badgerius, you are right! Also, start recruiting, permission granted. Btw., if you guys prefer to use ABCDE instead of 12345 in the Sxy positions (like SC6 instead S36), just tell me!

Rico, the S simply stands for Staff, not "Staffel" - a "Staffel" is the German word for a squadron.

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 02-19-2000).]

TO: Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-DARK STAR

Prime Fleet Command

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

Re: Posting to G2/G3 Prime Fleet Command

Thank you for placing me in the position of Intellegence and tactics. A sugestion;however, I think that there should be a Wing Commander for each of the wings and that G2 & G3 should be separate but work together. You can't have viable tactics without good intel. To be able to keep both running smoothly you will need your XO to be in charge for the tactics wing to be able to work with you without a break in the chain of command.

G2,by its very nature must be autonomus. If it is to maintain security it must be answerable only to the Fleet Commander or the SC.

Like Cmdr. Badgerius, I like to be able to move about. G3/S3 must be tied pretty close to the home system. I will gladly hold the position until a suitable replacement is found.

I will begin recruitment as well, with your permission, and I will look foward to any advise that you can offer.

Respectfully

Cmdr. Maxamillian

P.S. Will upgrade my profile by next post.M

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 02-19-2000).]

Max

The fleet designation in your sig is not formatted correctly.

Rico

You are right, but remember, you don't have to role play at all. Being part of a fleet just gives your character an identity. If you log on to a server, you are an immediately recognized entity there. Also, if you are good (EP, Rank etc), then, you gain respect from others.

Though the multiplayer game will also handle ranks, it frees the Fleet Leaders from having to worry about that aspect. Once I get the final rank structure that am waiting for, I will incorporate it into the game structure. So, your participation in the game world, will determine your rank when you are no in that world, ie, your sig on this forum will reflect your stats. The only special case will be Fleet Leaders. For them, I will hard code their ranks on the server, so that, Rattler, for instance, is already leader of the Insurgents and does not have to do anything to get promoted.

Further, in multiplayer, since the NPCs can be turned on or off, the Fleet Leaders of different affiliates (GALCOM vs Insurgents etc), can all get together and join a server and just go about beating up on each other. Fleet Leaders can also use servers to help their members gain experience, rank etc and also be able to give them assignments. For instance, I don't expect Rattler to send his green recruits on a skirmish involving an attack on GALCOM HQ. They'll get annihilated by the human or NPC pros. So, I'd expect him (if they are playing on a controlled server) to give then specific assignments based on their experience and ranks. Even if he does not happen to be playing, its up to the members to play carefully. Because if your character dies on a server, though you will immediately spawn back at your base, each death reduces your EPs and a reduction of EPs, reduces your rank. And since your stats are saved, you can't cheat. Of course, you can have several characters at once but thats a gameplay issue you'd have to deal with personally. Whats the point of having several characters if the Fleet Leader only reconizes a single one. Besides, we probably won't allow it. So, if you have a Terran Military character, nothing is stopping you from having a Terran Insurgent character, except that I probably won't allow it. If you want to play without having your stats affected, then play on a non-role playing server because they don't save your stats. Only the servers that we control and which are for structured role playing, are persistent and save your stats when you log off. You would need your own id and password, to enter those servers, in much the same way you post on this site.

More on this, as we go on. But, as I've said before, multiplayer is going be totally kick-ass.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 02-19-2000).]

Thanks SC, I'll wait for the assignment to be posted. When the RP threads start, It will be hard to co-ordinate an RP game w/ multiplayer; however, it might be fun to try smile.gif">....<P>------------------

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 02-19-2000).]

MAX, here a quote from the fleet structure:

quote:

As in the wings, G1 and G4 work together. G2 and G3 work together.

Those roles can be combined in times of low personnel.

Also, G5 and the Staff Chief are two jobs who can be done by one person.

AT the moment, I assume a time of low (active!) personnel, therefore G2 and G3 is combined. As soon as we find a worthy G3 (the hardest, but most rewarding job IMO), we split them, as intended.

quote:

I'll wait for the assignment to be posted.

Huh? Did I miss something? As G2, you are free to move, as long as you keep contact to me, or the Staff Chief. As G3, you are supposed to be at Galcom HQ most of the time. Now, because you are mainly G2, and "acting" G3, you may take your station where ever you want - just make sure you can fullfill the G3 job, i.e. be able to get information, and give tactical propositions. wink.gif

Btw., I am speaking of (radio) contact all the time. Please enter your Email address in your BIO, if possible...

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Thomas-I am posting my e-mail address to the profile but FYI it is [email protected]. As Comdr. of G2 I will be moving about the Sol sector to co-ordinate intel gathering; however, I will be within easy access to GALCOMHQ for staff briefings as acting G3. The first priority for me seems to get an Itelligence/Security staff recruited. The Tactics staff should be recruited from the HQ members. With your permission I will start recruiting staff. Within the G2 structure there should be a)Intelligence gathering b)special ops ie:covert and black ops c) security. These would be separate from the wing commands but with authority over them. A) would be co-ordinating Wing Intelligence gathering to be analized for use of Tactics (G3).B)This group would be answerable only to the SC, the Fleet Cmdr and XO, and me. C) Security would be used for HQ and related areas, the Wings and Sqadrons should have their own, answerable to the chain of command of course.

If you find any flaws in my thinking, please let me know.

'MAX'

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

GALCOM

Prime Fleet

ICQ#48334198

Those who haven't, please check out the Gamma Wing News. I've got command of a startstation up for grabs!! First come, first Serve! (Insurgents need not apply, you've got enough stations! )

Remember, the boss is going to start arbritrarily assigning positions as of the 1st of March.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Derek, the rank structure has wandered off to the Roleplaying Forum, see here.

The ground forces structure discussion, to be found here, has been finished at the end of january, and Fleet Cmdr. Ristar is glueing everything together to send it to you.

The Prime Fleet structure has been proposed by me in this thread, and we try to fill it with flesh now. I do not know if the other fleets can use this structure, it is designed for about 200 to 400 ships, depending on the squadron size.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Ehm, if I wasn't clear enough yet. I'm in for a place inside the squadron level. Not wanting to be a Squadron Commander (yet). I'll start from the bottom. I'll let anyone else have the staff places if they wish too. I don't want to sit in a chair I don't need to use, while somebody else (aspiring written roleplay for now) might. Besides, I'm more a behind-the-scene-person.

When I get to know my place in the fleet I'll update (create) my sig. As I don't really mind what wing I'll get into. It makes no real difference to me. As for now, I'll keep just my name.

Rico

Sorry, Rico. I must of missed that.

Consider yourself in Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron. Your home station is now Genesis. Welcome aboard. Keep an eye on Gamma Wing news for further updates.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Badgerius (edited 02-29-2000).]

Doh!!!

I was just re-reading the posts, and I see that Gamma Wing is assigned to Genesis! I could have sworn it was assigned to Starpath! Did you change it, Thomas, or did I just read it wrong?

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Heheh, your own proposal! See your posting as of 2000-01-17 in this thread... wink.gif

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Just testing my new sig. Tell me if there's anything wrong with it . I did my best, but I'm not sure if the wing/squadrong line is ok or not. Still looking for the primefleet directives on this. Did I miss it?

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 02-26-2000).]

Rico, looks good.

Thomas: Yep I re-read it. It was the S5-S3 mixup that screwed it up, I think. I'll have to re-write me recruitment blurb. Could you move Gamma Wing news over to this forum, please?

So, positions available in Gamma Wing:

Chief of staff: 2nd in command, and commands Genesis Station in the lunar sector.

1st Squadron Commander

1st Squadron Members

Thomas, we're getting pretty close to the SC's deadline. Should we start just handing out positions arbritrarily?

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

quote:

Rico, looks good.

No it does not! I forgot the dash between GCV and my ships name. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet