Gamma Wing News

Badgerius

Squadron Commander it is, then!

Please change your sig to reflect your promotion. Use Rico's sig as a guide, with the following changes:

The 4th line should read:

Gamma Wing, 26 Commander, 2nd Squadron

Currently, you have no active Cmdrs under your command. However, if Cmdrs Slade and Pinheiro report in, they will be assigned to 2nd squadron.

You have two weeks to come up with a squadron name. Have it posted by midnight GMT, April 3, 2000.

Rico, 1st Squadron's name is due by midnight GMT, Tommorrow (March 21) Cmdr Williams had some ideas if you need suggestions.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Hey Rico just notice the deadline to submit our squadron name has passed. Have you made your decision on our name. I'd be glad to send you some suggestions if its not to late. I liked the name that you mention awhile back when we were at AW, so if that be the one just let me know and i'll update my sig!

------------------

Commander Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

Oops, I noticed. But I didn't think it was the 21st. I remember something about being said 24th. But I could be wrong. ( redface.gif Nope, indeed it's the 21st) Never the less, I am way overdue. I could come up with an excuse because web-acces was tardy as hell at school. I'm getting up to speed now I'm at my parents comp. But I'm also very guilty of not remembering myself about it. I totally forgot about it. My bad. What would I do without my 'second'. Thanks Remo. I owe you.

So I better come up with a name fast. Well I didn't get much response from my squadron members. But I gathered a few names here and there (some that were given here in earlier posts) and will post my decision here.

I narrowed it down but I got into the age-old cat&dog-fight about it with my consience. "Guarddogs" or "Hellcats". Wanting the name to be meaningfull yet also not making a cliche out of it. As I hate those things.

Considering I heaven't heard anyone complaining about it I choose "Guarddogs". The other ones didn't feel like they carried enough meaning, or the others are too often heard of. But maybe this is just my issue. Ofcourse if Cmdr. Badgerius didn't pick one himself by now! If so, I mean I'm very late with this, we'll take whatever he decides. But I choose for "Guarddogs".

Or would that be (Guarddogs)? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Commander , 1st Squadron

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 03-25-2000).]

What am I thinking? I got the latest call on the name squadron name. No need to wait for confirmation. Guys of 1st squadron, peek down this post. Please adjust your sigs accordingly.

p.s. I made a slight alteration: "The Guarddogs"

------------------

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 03-25-2000).]

Has anyone reported to Gamma Wing 2nd squadron yet? Wake up Slade and Pinheiro!!! If not so I have to meet myself and come up with a name for the 2nd squadron.

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

Gamma Wing, 26 Commander, 2nd squadron

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 03-25-2000).]

Guest Remo Williams

Ok then(The Guarddogs)it is. Heres my new sig let me know if this is the right formatt. BTW I noticed that only myself and Fleet Cmdr. Gudihl have the first line of our sig in bold am I right in doing it this way or is that reserved for our fleet Cmdr only??

------------------

Commander Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

[This message has been edited by Remo Williams (edited 03-25-2000).]

quote:

BTW I noticed that only myself and Fleet Cmdr. Gudihl have the first line of our sig in bold am I right in doing it this way or is that reserved for our fleet Cmdr only??

There is no rule for that. I found that 1st line bold, and quote line italics look best for me. You can use those stiles in any way you like!

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Time for some news.

We had a good turnout at Saturday's meeting. We discussed formation flying with battlecruisers, and several other important subjects.

The full chat logs will be available in Gamma Wing's newsletter, "The Flux Point" due to come out around April 15. Other features will include Bio's, ship and weapon specs, and articles on strategy/naval warfare. The Flux Point will be web-based. URL to come.

The Guarddogs have nicely built us a HQ! It is in Active Worlds, near Commander's Village on Mars. The coordinates are 959N, 881E. Command staff (including squadron Commanders) who don't want to make their own buildings can move into any of the empty offices. Mine is on the 2nd floor on the right. Check it out!

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Hey Commanders,

Just to let you guys know, I'll be gone for about 3 weeks due to surgery on an old wound...looking foward to coming back last week of April. CMDR Badgerius, I may be a little late with that bio..but don't give up on me!

------------------

Commander Scharmen

GCV-Ironclad

Prime Fleet

Staff Chief, Gamma Wing

Guest Remo Williams

Good luck with your surgery Cmdr Scharmen. I'll be looking forward to your return in late april. Until then 1st Squadron will defend Genisis at all cost. Never fear The Guarddogs are here!! biggrin.gif sorry haha just had to throw that in there.

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

I'm not sure is it relevant anymore 'cause I'm all alone in 2nd squadron and after SC's post of fleet formations. But anyway IF there still will be 2nd squadron I came up with the name "No Quarter" (with a cool quote from Led Zep's classic piece of the same name "we give no quarter, we ask no quarter")

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 26 Commander

2nd squadron, "No Quarter"

"We give no quarter, we ask no quarter"

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 04-03-2000).]

Papi, looks good, I like it.

Which post on fleet formations? I went looking but didn't find it.

Well, I came on here to let you know that with finals and everything, I can't really devote any time to Gamma Wing until after the 15th of April. I was going to take a leave and leave Cmdr. Scharmen in charge. Looks like that isn't going to work. Good luck on the surgery, BTW, Scharmen.

So here's the deal. There isn't much going on right now, so I'll retain command and check in when I can. Rico, if the waste dump hits the fan, and I miss it, you have authorization to do what's best for the wing. Try not to sell Genesis. wink.gif

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Badgerius (edited 04-03-2000).]

Ok boss. I'll cover for yah. smile.gif

I think Papi means that the SC ruled not allowing any creations of new fleets until further notice. (or BCM get's released or something.) But I don't see how that would apply to a new squadron. Especially of existing Prime fleet. As 'the 2nd' would just be an expansion of the fleet, and under an existing wing. One extra squadron. The 2nd will be under tight Prime Fleet rules. So no chaos could ensue the way I see it.

------------------

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

P.S. Darn, this weekend is the chat weekend, right? Well, I don't think I can attend. ... @%^#& frown.gif Again! I have a birthday party of my uncle on Saturday and he lives too far out of town to be home again in time for the chat. Sorry, guys, I can't make it then. The rest of the days are no problem.

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 04-05-2000).]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cmdrs, I should have my website up till end of sunday. It's called No Quarter web. Hope you like it.

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 26 Commander

2nd squadron "No quarter"

"They hold no quarter, they ask no quarter"

I'm back. It feels good to be home!

Now that I've crawled out of my Exam induced coma, I can get back to work on the newsletter. If anyone has anything they'd like to submit, E-mail it to me.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Guest Remo Williams

Welcome back Badgerius hope the exam's went well. I'm looking forward to reading the first newsletter if theres anything I can do to help out drop me a line.

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

Hey Commanders...just letting you know I'm back. Sorry about the bad timing Cmdr Badgerius....hope exams went well.

------------------

Commander Scharmen

GCV-Ironclad

Prime Fleet

Staff Chief, Gamma Wing

Welcome back Commanders! I didn't sell the station. smile.gif And it's pretty much in the same way you left it. So. All's fine here.

I got my own exams coming up in a week from now. So, I'll HAVE TO relinguish command now. I still have alot to do for it. Not that the Wing/Squadrons interveined with it.

------------------

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Guest Remo Williams

Good luck with the exams Rico sure am glad my exam days are over haven't taken one in almost 10 years now. biggrin.gif

Badgerius are we still holding a weekly meeting at AW if so I'm sorry I haven't attended been really busy starting a new business here on the web. I will be sure to attend the next one though. Just let me know if there still taking place and if its at the same time.

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

I don't think there's been much meeting in the past few weeks, but let's all try to meet this weekend at the usual time.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Guest Remo Williams

Cool sounds good to me i'll be there. I would like to help work out a flexable schedule for some MP sessions to practice as a team before BCM! It'd be nice to know the MP gaming style of the guys that have got your back when you blaze into combat! biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

Good idea.

We'll try to hammer some of that out at the meeting.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

Hey Guys, sorry to say I won't be able to make this weeks meeting...got a date with the wife, I'll be there next time!

------------------

Commander Scharmen

GCV-Ironclad

Prime Fleet

Staff Chief, Gamma Wing

I'm in. I had kind of a hectic time lately to attend but I'll try and be there.

------------------

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

• 2 weeks later...

I think i was transfered to Gama Wing, and don't thing i don't like it, i love it but i can't do much, because i usually can't use the Internet cause, i'm in the Navy (Portuguese Navy), and all comunications are limited, so i can only come here only so often, so if you have a long mission, that i can do, cause i play aboard, and it's commander perogative to do what he wants in his spare time, i don't have to peel Potatos tongue.gif. So most of the time i just play, with the game in my personal $5.000.000 computer! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hugo Pinheiro (edited 05-15-2000).]