Gamma Wing News

Badgerius

Active worlds would be o.k., but... cwm3.gif everytime I try to teleport anywhere else from Galcom my program crashes giving general protection failure in some dll, that I don't remember right now.

I know that maybe by reinstalling os I could get around it, but I don't want to risk running BCM beta that is running so smoothly now on my machine. I'll be available in ICQ 64811443 tonight and saturday night(GMT+2, 2200 to 0200; so for EST, 1500 to 1900).

CYA

If someone can give advice how I can get my Active worlds to work drop me a line. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining, GENESIS (Moon)

26 Squadron Commander,

Prime fleet, Gamma Wing, 2nd squadron

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 03-16-2001).]

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think AW is a good idea. Make that efficient. If I remembered correctly download time of the executable (v2.something) was pretty big. Several MBs. Not everybody has ADSL or cable. And it's easy for people to get lost in the village. Heck, I even don't know anymore where I put the building. Yeah, close to mine, and somewhere near ISS HQ. But the rest? Besides, you sure nobody in need of space buldozed it? My, it should be collecting dust overthere! But it sure was fun back then.

I think we're better of with Mirc It's small, no-nonsense chat. (version 5.82; 1MB) We'd have to arrange a server to meet on. But that's as easy as mentioning it here when you intend to connect to it. Last time we all here were in a chat frenzy we had gamesnet or something. And somebody had made sure that there was a #galcom channel available at all times. When you get connected (have patience) it asks for a channel, just type in "galcom", and it put's you with the rest of us or creates it new and you will be the first visitor. I guess nobody ever went on it anymore, so they removed it. The SC removed the chat client on this site too. No worries, installing mirc is as easy as a whistle. Self-explanatory.

Unless everyone has ICQ. I don't have it on this system. Yet. Didn't it have a chat screen option too?

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

GCV de Ruyter, Genesis (Moon)

16 Squadron Leader - Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 03-16-2001).]

Mirc is o.k. but since we all (?) have ICQ already it's easy to arrange a chat in there.

We can monitor who's online and invite them as they come.

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining, GENESIS (Moon)

26 Squadron Commander,

Prime fleet, Gamma Wing, 2nd squadron

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 03-16-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in Gamma wing still out there? Pretty quiet around Gamma wing HQ.

------------------

Cmdr Amadeus

GCV-Zarathustra, GENESIS (Moon)

Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing

[This message has been edited by Amadeus (edited 04-01-2001).]

Guest Remo Williams

I'm still here just been Putting a new coat of wax on my new MK3. cwm4.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington, Genisis (MOON)

Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll be a better flyer by then. Right now all my BC is to me is a multimillion dollar battering ram. It gets the job done but it almost gets destroyed in the process. By the way do any of you know if we will be able to fly different ships other than the MK2?? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

[rp]

O.K. Cmdr Maddox, as we have not yet had any other orders from the wing cmdr, I'll assign you and Cmdr Pinheiro to join me to patrol sol region. Report directly to me. [rp/]

I guess we have to wait till BCM comes out and MP will be implemented to have our fun in for "real"

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

• 1 month later...

Where is every one?? I feel so alone. [RP] NO CARL the Red one goes THERE and the Black one GOES THERE. Get those wires crossed and you'll short circut my GARID!!!![RP] Boy you just can't find decent help nowadays.

I've been on vacation Oh, boy what a vacation! But now I'm back. And hopefully I can get my site up soon, so be patient fellow squad members.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, let's keep the thread going, shall we?

BCM is coming up fine so we better get our lines up. Am I right or am I right!

How about all those little things you've been doing with either BC3K or BCM demo, let's share the fun parts.

I see that BCFreak13 is having fun in rpg forum, now we have one rp person in our wing too!

Have you tried the insurgent ACM script by Gallion yet? Try it, it's fun (and hard thnx Gallion) If you can't find it I'll send it to you.

There's on more script by Pugwash (yes, right both insurgents ) Convoy ACM script it's fun too, try it!

Well that's all now folks, CYA!

Dear God, has it been so long?

Well, I've graduated, been downsized, moved, re-hired, and otherwise been through the meat-grinder of life since the last time I posted. I've been following the demo releases of BCM, but I haven't had much chance to look in here.

I've got an urge to do some RPG writing, so I'll be posting in there before too long.

I'd like to get an idea of our condition. Could the the squadron commanders post a status report here, please? Even if it's "No change here" I'd like to know. Anyone not assigned to a squadron, or to some other position, please post as well, and we'll get ourselves organized.

I apologize for my long absence. Hopefully, you haven't given my position to someone else!

Well, last check of a second or so ago there are 10 members assigned to Gamma. Including you Badgerius. And there should be 2 squadrons, so we're either pretty low on staff or squadron members ... or both. I'm pretty vague here about it all 'cause I hardly have a clue who's in or out my squad. We had a roll call about a few months ago but it didn't really seem to break orbit, so to speak.

I'm only sure of Remo Williams being in 1st. Rest (according to sigs I think, Kirk Stroiker and Amadeus are) seems to be 'a wall'. Or not posting recently where I looked.

Badgerius, I'm not sure if you have the ability to change certain stuff in the fleet database. But could you add a notion in every (squadron)member's comm-log to which squadron he belongs to. Right now it only tells if members are part of Gamma or not. Nothing about squadron membership.

Guest Remo Williams

Hey!! Cmdr Badgerius good to see your back. If you need any help organizing Gamma Wing just let me know.

quote:

I'm only sure of Remo Williams being in 1st.

Hehe thanks for remembering me.

Long time no see Badgerius.

In 2nd squadron there is me, BCFreak13 a.k.a. cmdr Maddox and cmdr Hugo Pinheiro (I haven't heard of him for a long time though). So that makes three of us.

Good to hear from all of you.

So we've got:

1st Squadron

Rico

Remo

Kirk (AWOL?)

Amadeus

2nd Squadron

Papi

Maddox

Hugo (AWOL?)

Looks good

With BCM, of course, we can choose ships other than the good old Galactan Class Battlecruiser. Myself, I'm going to be partial to the Constellation (Mk1) Battlecruiser. If any of you wish to 'claim' a ship class as your primary vessel, let me know. I'd like for most of the squadron to be able to sortie from Genesis simultaneously, so keep in mind the assets that Genesis has docked to her.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]