Gamma Wing News

Badgerius

I go for Firestorm, not so fast but much more space for fuel for those long journeys behind enemy lines and more marines and... well, I just like Firestorm after trying it

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Thomas assigned me a Battlecruiser MK1 awhile back I love that firepower lol!! I've had quite a bit of practice with it also over the last few months so I will stick with the MK1 if its ok with you Bagerius.

FINALLY PEOPLE TALKING IN THE PRIME FLEET BOARD, and i was getting so lonely.

i think it is a good idea to have a vast diversity of ships in this wing. If one type of ship isn't good at doing a particular task, then it has other types to back it up. For instance, if we were a wing of all GARIDs then we could get wiped out by a wing of MK1's because the GARID isn't designed to hold up under that amount of firepower. But throw a GARID a Firestorm a Constellation class and a Galactan class together then we can handle a much more diverse enemy. Just remember that the insurgents will most likely either think along these lines or they will go all out in one categorie (I.E. Firepower, or speed, or even endurance) We need to think a little more stratiegically if we are ever going to best another fleet. Anyway that's my $0.02

Ok, sounds good guys.

Just to let you guys know, I wasn't part of the beta effort, for personal, logistical, and technical reasons. So my information on BCM is limited to what's been released publicly.

So if I say something that's no longer accurate, let me know, and that's the reason why.

Hey we're making these thread most active thread of all, as it should be

Have you tried the scripts that Pugwash and Gallion done?

BTW BCFreak13 don't you know who I am, well then I'm available at IRC Galcom Prime right now and ICQ 64811443, of course

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

Yeah, good to see this part of the board breathing again.

Ehm, regarding asset choice, does anybody have info on what's available at Genesis? (if it changed in BCM) The demo had a html file of sorts (I think Andergum made it) that had a whole table of all the crafts and their respective statistics. Whether they are up-to-date with the current playbalancing changes in the demo's, I don't know. But it's something to start with.

I looked at it some weeks ago, trying to decide what my fav craft would be, and I think a Garid does it for me to. But more like singleplayer free-fl... sorry, ROAM. But I'm not final on it yet. Apart from shield, armor and firing capacity considerations, don't forget that jumping is alot slower now than it was in BC3K. It's going to be more difficult to respond quickly to a cross-region threat. Unless they're smart enough to head your way, ofcourse. And if you have them, you could use fighters if their AI is good enough.

As far as long mission duration goes, I think getting supplies for repair and weapons suplies are going to be a bigger problem than fueltank storage. As from what I figured from the demo, you need to hop into a shuttle yourself to get the supplies from a station. No more 'bell-boy' flightengineers or marines for us. Leaving your craft in the middle of combat in the hands of people like Paul Resnig.

Probably not a good thing to end with Resnig rather close to sleeping time but this 's about what I have to say.

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

New Standing order: Unless there has been a SERIOUS re-vamping of his AI, NO ONE is to leave Resnig in charge of their vessel unless she's powered-down and GROUNDED on a moon somewhere. That man, and all his clones , are a serious menace.

I don't know if it's changed in BCM, but the capital assets of Genesis in BC3K are:

2 X Battlecruiser Mk2

2 X Solnar

So, we won't all be launching from here in capital ships, if this is still accurate.

Cmdr Maddox, your squadron leader is Papi, as you've probably realized. As for "so few people," my quick role-call shows 4 cmdrs in 1st squadron, and 3 in 2nd squadron. A full squadron in Gamma Wing is 4 cmdrs. So, the next commander who joins us goes to 2nd squadron, and then I'll start thinking about 3rd squadron.

If I'm not mistaken, squadrons were to have up to 6 commanders assigned. (or even 7, not sure if the squadron rankcode went from 6 downto 0 or downto 1) Admittedly, due to commander shortages during startup we settled on a smaller intermediate number.

p.s. Same here, 'Awaiting Autorization'

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Oops. ICQ is down. I just moved, so things are kinda messy. I'm at work now. I'll try to get it set up in the next day or so.

The Prime Fleet standard was 9 ships in a squadron, I think. I'd like to keep the squadrons smaller, for managability and flexibility. 4 ships for now, unless I'm ordered to change it.

OOOOOHHHHH That's what papi's job is. Well, I will stick to the GARID, nomatter what. Even if I have to launch off the Moon itself. I like the GARID. Be the GARID, BEthe GARID.

[RP] "Gosh darn it Smith!!!!! Get out of here. You are supposed to be fixing our propulsion, not spying on me. GET OUT!!!!" Maddox roars.

Smith walkes out, holding a camera that he was using to tape Maddox saying "Be the GARID"

Four hours later copies of "Be The GARID" are floating around on the ship. They can be bough with 5 credits.

[/RP]

Gosh I am bored