Delta Wing News

OK, tired of sitting here and watching Delta Wing get no attention at all, so, all members of Delta wing, please check in here.

I have sent 3 of the 6 e-mail, the other 2 either 1, did not have an e-mail, or 2 haven't updated thier profile.

I am putting together a webpage for us, and so I therefore want some input, otherwaise I'm gonna go ahead and do it on my own.

First, ideas on what the webpage should include, and 2, what will our fleet wing logo be, there is not one Fleet Wing logo yet, so we might as well be the first.

Come up with some ideas and either a: put them here, or b: send me an e-mail, mine is updated!!

Have come up with a possible logo, go

here to take a peek, gonna try a few other things, but this is the first shot, let me know what you all think, fi you like it, I will send it off to the SC and see if he will authorize it!!

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not bad

I would remove the GALCOM character and the Prime Fleet character.

Instead of this the number "1" behind the "Delta Wing" would be nice.

How about a "nickname" for DeltaWing?

Cdr Thorgan

OK, came up with a new, took the Terran Logo and played with it a bit with a few graphics from the Beta, Tell me what you think of this!!

or number 2?

[ 05-22-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM PRIME FLEET COMMAND

Commander Jaguar is hereby assigned to the position of S46 Wing Leader - Prime Fleet, Delta Wing. Congratulations!

END TRANSMISSION

Jaguar,

please edit your signature.

About the Wing logo: remember to keep the size small, and to send it to TacOps for approval, once you decided which to take.

Regards.

OK, and since you seemed to like the first one, I have modified it as requested. let me know what you think, and I will send it in to Tacops!!

And this is what it would like in your sig!!

deltawing.gif

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

OK, we were also discussing a quote or a saying for Delta wing and a nickname. Well, got a couple of quotes, and then throw out some of your own!! Let's see if we can come up with something good!!!

First one: "I become Death, the destroyer of worlds" the Hindu scriptures

2nd: "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in Front of us, they're behind us....They can't get away this time."

Lt. General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

or 3: "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S Patton Jr.

OK, just food for thought, now, as far as a nickname, sorry, I am clueless, so bring em on!! And commanders from other wings, feel free to join in here, I need ideas!!!

At 10:05 PDT today, I am going to send the new logo into tacops, after Voyager, so you all have 3 hours to comment!!

I want to get moving on the webpage, so hurry up and let me know what we are going to do about a nickname and a saying for the wing!!

I want to get this done, also, all other Delta wing commanders, please respond and update your profiles with proper E-mail addresses etc, otherwise I will request that you be transferred to other wings. I am serious about this game and I want the others in my wing to be the same!!! Not sure if I have the power to do that, but I am sure the Fleet commander will let me know!!

Also, I will build an animated gif for your sigs, and will send you the link, unless the SC allows me to put it up here. If the Logo is authorized!!

Thanks,

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Hoped you liked the above Logo, because I just submitted it!!! It is done, if it is approved, you are stuck with it!!!

I liked it!! And hopefully from the above comments, you did too!!

Due to a request on high, and I do mean high, the MK-2's were removed from the logo, and I like it better actually, looks cleaner, besides, not all of us are going to be flying around in MK-2's.. lol

So, hopefully it will be authorized and we can start using it in our sigs. When that happens I will put the link to the animated gif for your sig's.

I seem to be talking to myself a lot in this thread, but Oh well!!

Our job is to defend and monitor activities in the Martian region, as ordered, by YOU!!

And besides, I think it is rather nice looking and I like being attached to the God of War!!

Yes, the Delta Wing, protector of Mars, the God of War!! Keeping him in hand so that he doesn't spread, so to speak!!

I wish I could have found the insignia for the Martians in Spaced Invaders, that would have been a fun one for Delta Wing!!

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Sorry was away a few days.

First: grats to your commandment Wing Leader

Second: Logo is okay

Third: the 3. quote is my favorite. I would choose this.

BTW: Where the hell are the other DeltaWing members?

Cmdr Thorgan

GCV Dark Flame

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

I have gotten the authorization to use the new Delta Wing Logo in our sigs, so instead of the image that you are using now, point it at this URL http://home.earthlink.net/~rpasquier/Images/deltawing.gif

Cut and paste!!

YES, Thanks SC!!

Also, Thorgan and I have discussed the saying for the wing, and the nick name, he likes this for the saying, and in all honesty so do I...

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S Patton Jr.

Now if the SC says that the language is OK, we might use it, but it is a little long, any other ideas?

or "Delta Wing, The GODS of WAR!!" lol, Cute but a little ostentatious!!!

Bring me something guys, I'm outta ideas!!!

[ 05-27-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

OK, got an interesting one,

"Delta Wing, Hastae Martiae, Mars Vigila, Mars Gravidus!!!"

Or in English, "Delta wing, the lances of Mars, Mars Awaken, Mars, lead us to victory!!!"

We would of course say it in the latin version, wouldn't that be confusing if they haven't read this post?!! lol

Well, what do you think?

So Your sig would look like this.

Cmdr. Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath(Mars)

S46 Wing Leader-Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

deltawing.gif

"Delta Wing, Hastae Martiae, Mars Vigila, Mars Gravidus!"

[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

sounds interesting, but too long

I would reduce this to only "mars gravidus"

(makes it easier for those who sit with an dictionary before our gunturrets)

[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: Thorgan ]

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I set up an Office complex for Delta Wing on Active worlds, not quite finished yet, but MY office is done!! lol

It is at 983n 915e in the commanders village on Mars. So load up active worlds and come take a look!!

And feel free to make suggestions, I just throw something together and have fun, don't mind tearing down and starting over!!

And yes, made a little office for Thorgan, right under mine!! may have to move it though, too many things in one place and it won't let me add to it!! ARGH!!

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

I just wanted to take a look at my office but at the moment I sit at work and the active world browser does not support WIN NT .

But when I went home today I will take a look at it and perhaps bring some paintings at the wall.

==> just another sleepless night?

Thanks for thinking of me WingLeader.

Will call back if I'd seen our "HQ"

Ohh and by the way: Has anyone heard anything about the other DeltaWing members?

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Thorgan ]

Just came from our headquarters at mars.

Excellent building.

But: did you forget a lift or stage to your room or ishould noone disturb you?

Just take a look through your windows.

Very nice.

I am afraid that you cannot add anything to your office due to the immense amount of stuff in my office, so I am going to build a separate tower for you.

You seem to be my second and I will ask Thomas to make it official. Also, there is a transport right in front of the office, go into that and it will take you right into my office. There are 3 arches, the left one takes you to the building central, where you find all the pieces you can build with, the center one takes you into my office, and the very right one takes you into the Indy complex and Silks bar!! I have been having fun.

Also added a delta wing commanders club and a brewery... lol Being from the northwest and all!!

• 4 weeks later...

ALL Delta Wing Commanders please check in, I am going to finally get started on our webpage. Also, if you have the chance, please go to Active Worlds and see our office complex and Commanders Lounge. Commanders village is on Mars, ain't that convenient? lol