Kalshion

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Aidan Tylier:

Any news on the webpage yet? I don't want to be a cadet forever.

LOL! Never fear you'll go through the academy if we have the website up or not. 384.gif

Or you could be a Cadet for as long as ive been.

I really love the barracks i guess.

quote:

who's willing to show him the cili nuts?

I knew someone would bring the chilli nuts up. I dont think Prime Fleet can get enough of em.

Instead of adding a new topic, I decided to tack the following question on to this one ... since it seems to be "related":

Who is required to register here, at this new thread? Just fleet commanders or is everyone required to register?

I'm not sure if it means to register a website (making it related to this topic) or to register members of a website.

Guest Remo Williams

That is for fleet members to register in the Fleet DB. So if your a fleet member or would like to be a fleet member go register. Once you have registered the Fleet Commander of the fleet in question will either approve or deny your membership. Not to worry though if your already a member of Prime you'll be approved but you still need to register in the DB.

Okay, let me see if I have this right.

I've read thru this page about fleets ...

And I read this FAQ page about fleets ...

And checked out this registration page ...

I also read what's here and what's here.

Anyway, for clarification, I'd like to make certain I have it all right in my head. So, here goes:

1. The above referenced registration is not the same as registration for this forum.

2. It also is not the same registration as for membership in Prime Fleet via the Prime Fleet forum.

3. This is an independant, third registration. One that will eventually allow the following ...

quote:

From Fleet FAQ:

Unlike public servers, SFA servers are persistent. This means that the server is on 24-7 and if you log off, your stats are saved on the server and restored when you log back on. This prevents you from changing profiles in midstream, without authorization.

Also, FSA stats are fed directly into the Fleet Database server, so that you can keep track of your career. The number of times your character is killed on the server, also determines your ranking and scores.

Did I get that right? I only ask because I don't want to inadvertently be adding my name to a list I'm already on. Granted, I don't remember registering at the fleet database but that wouldn't preclude the Prime Fleet XO from submitting new Prime Fleet members as standard procedure.

Does any of what I just said make sense?

Guest Remo Williams

1. Thats correct.

2. When the website is back up new member will no longer be able to register to join Prime fleet at our site. The only reason it was there is because the Fleet Database was down. Now that its back up new member need to register in the fleet Database to join. If your already a member of Prime you still need to register in the Fleet Database you will not be automaticly registered.

3. Exactly; so go register!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

I had a question, Will there be a section on the site for the members of Prime Fleet to submit their character's history and background? If not that may be a cool thing to do.

Yes I'll set something up shortly. We had this feature on our old site but didn't carry it over when we redesigned the site.

Guest Remo Williams

I restored a backup I had laying around of our old site to another domain I have that I no longer use for anything. Will use this as a temp site until I get primefleet.com back up and running.

I can't find the backup I made of our new site anywhere if I locate it I'll restore that site to this temp domain. I should have the forum up again sometime this weekend but with out that backup all of our info is gone and everyone will need to reregister to post.

Go here to get to our website then book mark the page.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

...but with out that backup all of our info is gone and everyone will need to reregister to post.

Post where? When I clicked on the "Forum" option, it sent me here, to the main BC forum.

Thats right until I get the forum back up its directed here as my post said:

quote:

I can't find the backup I made of our new site anywhere if I locate it I'll restore that site to this temp domain.
I should have the forum up again sometime this weekend
but with out that backup all of our info is gone and everyone will need to reregister to post.

It will be back today or tomorrow.

Guest Remo Williams

I've set the prime fleet forum up from scratch here. I still have some work to do to the style template, such as the color scheme. It will do for now though at least its back up and running. Sure wish I could have found that backup I made of the site it would of made my life alot easier right about now. LOL!

Anyway everyone go reregister to post. All you cadets check in at the academy forum your instructors should be there soon with your training assignments.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Will there ever be the option to use a custom avatar, like at the "old" (and this) forum?

Disregard. I just checked at the new Prime Fleet forum and discovered the option is available once you've been accepted and then log in.

Guest Remo Williams

Commanders the donations pages is up on our site for those of you interested in helping cover the yearly cost of our website. You can click here to go directly to the page or just go to our website's main page and click "Donations" on the upper menubar.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide to keep our site alive for another year. This is NOT manditory by no means. Whether you make a donation or not your still a valued member of Prime Fleet.

Regards

Guest Remo Williams

Thank you guys for helping me to keep our site alive it is very appreciated. IÔÇÖll do my best to make Prime Fleet HQ both entertaining and useful for all of PrimeÔÇÖs members.

• 4 weeks later...