Website?

Kalshion

Guest Remo Williams

Good news commanders primefleet.com is back up. I'll being transfering all of our content back to the site over the next few days.

quote:

Shortly, I'll be in that rank too...... you know what I mean Remo..... just waiting my new card....

Any thing you can spare will be very appreciated. I just bought our very own webserver to host the site on along with a few others. Its running Windows 2003 enterprize edition. I should have a T3 connection to the net sometime next week.

Now if the site goes down it will be because I didn't pay the power bill, LOL!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Good news commanders primefleet.com is back up. I'll being transfering all of our content back to the site over the next few days.

That's great news!

quote:

I just bought our very own webserver to host the site on along with a few others. Its running Windows 2003 enterprize edition. I should have a T3 connection to the net sometime next week.

Best regards

I would like to join the fleet, sent login info 2 weeks ago but no response. {it's time to game!} I also can spare a new dell percision workstation, dual cpu, 2Gig,Scuze, ect 24/7 server/workstation. just let me know..

would love to get this gameworld started..!!

Cpt. Kasin Pool

Guest Remo Williams

Hi Jonathan

I never received any info from you where did you send it?

Anyway just go to the fleet database here and register. You will receive an email when you are approved. Make sure you use your ISP email account when you register. Free email accounts are not accepted.

Send me a PM with more info about the servers I could use one up 24/7 for the fleet academy. We already have one to use for tournaments.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

The prime fleet website will be down you will not be able to access it while I have our UC test server running. I'll post again when the sites back up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I have some bad news men our web server blew this morning at about 6:30. I'm in the process of going through the hardware now to see what I can salvage. Which probably won't be much since when it went It sent a plume of smoke out of the rear of the case. Its a total mess in there right now. I know for sure the vcard and the ROM drive is toasted.

I've got my fingers crossed on the hard drive at this point. I'm going to try to install it into another unit this evening I'll let you know if its usable or if I can retrieve the info from it when I'm done.

Regards

Guest Remo Williams

Now the good news the hard drive was fine!

I rounded up some spare parts and we're back in business. In total we lost the Motherboard, CPU, ROM drive, nic, Vcard, and of course the power supply. Very costly to say the least but at least the Hard drive was still fit to be used. Everything is back up now enjoy.

Nice to hear we're still in business......

How's our cash situation.... we may revive our funding campaign on the PF forum....

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

How's our cash situation.... we may revive our funding campaign on the PF forum....

Actually the fleet fund was used on domain name renewal fees and buy the webserver and operating system and we all know what that costs. If not I can provide details. The recent disaster relief for our server came out of my pocket, but I'm not complaining. Its what I wanted to do or I wouldn't have.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

quote:

Actually the fleet fund was used on domain name renewal fees and buy the webserver and operating system and we all know what that costs. If not I can provide details. The recent disaster relief for our server came out of my pocket, but I'm not complaining. Its what I wanted to do or I wouldn't have.

How do I make a donation? I'm not a member,but I appreciate what you do to add to the community.Please give me the appropiate PayPal info.

Edit: Serious ,no B.S.

Edit: PM me with info.

[ 05-04-2004, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Cc ]

Take a look at the Prime Fleet site and you'll find a donation page....

And many thanks in advance on behalf of the whole Fleet....

quote:

Take a look at the Prime Fleet site and you'll find a donation page....

And many thanks in advance on behalf of the whole Fleet....

Thanks,I just did. It won't pay for much,but it will help.

Edit: I was wondering what happened when Remo ,or someone,moved my post.Then I saw your post..hum

OK.

Edit: Keep up the good work!

[ 05-04-2004, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Cc ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Edit: I was wondering what happened when Remo ,or someone,moved my post.Then I saw your post..hum

wot?

Guest Remo Williams

I don't know how to thank you guys for your generosity. It will go a long way towards helping Prime with many activities in the future.

Is it ok Cc if I use your cmdr. name in the list of donors on the donations Page?

The invitation is still open if you would like to join us on the Prime Fleet Forums also Cc. I would like you to join our fleet but its not a requirement to be able to post on the board. Stop by and say Hi sometime.

Denny what can I say but thanks for helping to make Prime #1

quote:

Wasn't me.

REMO as I always say you're the one to thank for all the efforts, time and money you put on this.

BTW I don't think there is anythig strange in putting some money in my hobbies.... I spend so much money just for silly or spupid things that I can surely spare some bucks from time to time and put them into something that I like....HAIL PRIME!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I'm still working on the server install it is taking more time than I expected, but so far everything is going great. I hope to have the board up and running again sometime tomorrow night. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Until further notice all comms should be here on the BC Forums.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

Some very bad news to report here Cmdrs. I've just done one of the biggest boneheaded things I've done in years. I was using a third party Ftp server to try to setup access to our site and the GalCom sub-domains when I somehow deleted the entire directory containing our site. My jaw hit the floor when I realized what I had just done. Try as I might I have not been able to restore the directory because it was not put in the recycle bin upon deletion.

I'm going to continue to try to recover the folder but this has ruined my weekend thats for sure. I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck!