Website?

Kalshion

Remo,

Quite a while back I had some files that were deleted and used the following program since files are not actually deleted from a hard drive unless it's full I was able to successfully restore all the files that I thought was lost for good. You might want to give it a try.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Gordon I tried it and it would have worked if they didn't have the 64k limit on the trail version. It made it so that I couldn't recover the topics of the forum.

I have a backup of the site but itÔÇÖs a month old. That means I'll lose all the posts over the last month. At least I store the forums members database outside of the site folder for security reasons so no one will have to reregister.

We haven't done any work on the WebPages over the last month so no loss there. The only thing that is bothering me so much is losing all the posts over the last month. I apologize to our active posters for such a brain dead move on my part.

I'm setting up a scheduled backup from now on so that the forum is backed up every night so this never happens again. I'll have the whole site back in place by this evening. Sorry again guys I still can't believe I did that. I had just woke up from a nap after work and was trying to setup access for the GalCom sub-domains and was experimenting on Primefleet.com when It happened.

Oh well not much I can do now. Rest assured though in the future all websites for Prime, GalCom, and fleet forums will be backed up nightly.

Guest Remo Williams

The site and forums are restored as they were one month ago. That was the last backup I had made. Sorry for all the posts that were lost. It won't happen again though I have a scheduled backup setup for every night at mid night now.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Some very bad news to report here Cmdrs. I've just done one of the biggest boneheaded things I've done in years. I was using a third party Ftp server to try to setup access to our site and the GalCom sub-domains when I somehow deleted the entire directory containing our site. My jaw hit the floor when I realized what I had just done. Try as I might I have not been able to restore the directory because it was not put in the recycle bin upon deletion.

I'm going to continue to try to recover the folder but this has ruined my weekend thats for sure. I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck!

READ THIS ...especially the second part....

I'm having problems logging in. Everytime I do I get:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I can actually see the headings of the latest posts from the main forum list, but when I enter that subforum, the heading post doesn't exist. As an example, I can see that Mrxknown has posted in some of the forums, but those posts do not appear to me.

The only one that updates, and can be read fine is the Academy section.

Guest Remo Williams

I was afraid something like that would happen! Thanks for the info now my evening fun begins. I just walked through the door from administrating a network all day. Now its time to do the same thing at home its a good thing I love my work.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I have created a few sub-domains at primefleet.com for the Marine Training Facility and the Fleet Academy. This way both organization will be separated from the main fleet site and give the aurthors a free hand to do what they wish at these sites.

Construction should begin shortly at both sites so check back here for updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...