Workflow for eventually becoming a Commander in Prime Fleet

Thomas Siemens

Workflow for eventually becoming a Commander in Prime Fleet:

1. Join this very forum. Be sure to read, and follow, this, and then this! Remember: if you miss following this very first step, you are not even allowed to post here!
  2. Be sure to follow the guidelines for the Signatures! Read the whole thread! If in doubt, read it again from the top! If still in doubt, PM me, or Remo!
  3. Join Prime Fleet over here (if, and only if, you think this may be the right Fleet for you, and you may be the right one for Prime Fleet - check the Fleets FAQ first!): http://www.primefleet.com/
  4. After accepted to Prime, register in the Fleet Database. Be sure to choose the same username, as here in this forum!
  5. Within Prime, you will be sent to the Prime Fleet Academy first, to undergo a certain training required by all our new recruits.
  6. With completing this training successfully, you will eventually be promoted to Commander by the Fleet Leader on recommendation by the Personnel Officer. You may get this info by either of these two, or even your Academy CO. This promotion is subject to overruling by the Supreme Commander (SC), btw.

Good luck!

Best regards

Relocated crud....

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Okay, I've finally dug my copy of the Prime Fleet Charter out from under all my old military publications and drafts for the PF Training Manual. I'm looking at Section 2c, Ranks and Organization.

Sir, could you please clarifiy the Fleet position I'm to accept? Is it one of those listed:

G5: Public Relations

G4: Logistix ... er, Logistics

G3: Tactical

G2: Intelligence

G1: Personnel

Or would it be a different G-note? Since the Academy has been elevated in stature, shouldn't Commandant, Prime Fleet Academy be a Fleet position? After all, in the good ol' USAF, Air Training Command (ATC) is (was? not sure if it still exists) a Command-level organization ... which, I believe, is akin to the Fleet-level structure of the Navy.

Awaiting your reply, SC.

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Okay, I've finally dug my copy of the Prime Fleet Charter out from under all my old military publications and drafts for the PF Training Manual. I'm looking at Section 2c, Ranks and Organization.

Sir, could you please clarifiy the Fleet position I'm to accept? Is it one of those listed:

G5: Public Relations

G4: Logistix ... er, Logistics

G3: Tactical

G2: Intelligence

G1: Personnel

Heh, this Prime Fleet Structure has been made up by me.

Within a fleet organised in this structure, there are only three people who would have "X leader" rank in the Fleet Database (X = Fleet, or Wing):

G6 Fleet Leader (CO)

G6 Staff Chief (2nd in command, or XO)

G1 Personell

(Note: In a Wing, the 2nd in command is combined with public relations, thus denoted S5 Staff Chief)

Now, you are either one of these three. The G6 Staff Chief is empty at the moment, IIRC (did not hear from Mark Giao for an eternity, or two).

On a side note, if S.C.I.D. is still a fleet, then there is a Fleet Commander position, G6 Fleet Leader, vacant.

Or, your may have been promoted to G6 Fleet Leader of Prime Fleet by our SC, which would mean I am fired, er retired...

Let's see what our SC decides on that matter.

quote:

Or would it be a different G-note? Since the Academy has been elevated in stature, shouldn't Commandant, Prime Fleet Academy be a Fleet position? After all, in the good ol' USAF, Air Training Command (ATC) is (was? not sure if it still exists) a Command-level organization ... which, I believe, is akin to the Fleet-level structure of the Navy.

Awaiting your reply, SC.

As I would see it, CO of the Prime Fleet Academy would be equal to a Wing Leader position. We could set up a wing called "Academy"...

Best regards

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

The absent fleet leader cries when his position is threatened. The
De Facto
fleet leader is happy to give his position to someone most deserving.

Can we stop this G6, G347, G+3 crud?

Can we stop ADDING officers?

Unless there are about 5 people to populate a wing it doesn't need to exist.

Ya'll want to do all this fancy stuff when it isn't warranted yet.

Populate Multiplay first.