Fleet Multiplayer Announcement!

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

To: All fleet personnel

Subject: Mandatory Multiplayer Sessions

Starting this weekend we will be holding four MP sessions on Saturday and Sunday two each day. One will be for our European personnel and the other will be for United States personnel.

These sessions will be held until further notice every weekend. It is mandatory that you attend at least one of these sessions over the weekend. If you cannot make it to at least one of the weekend sessions you needed to inform your commanding Officer at least two days prior to the time of the first scheduled session to allow time for your CO to report to the tactical officer of the expected attendance for the session. Please be on time roll call will take place on the teamspeak server not long after the scheduled start time of the session.

The following is the start time of each scheduled session.

Meeting One

USA Session: Saturday 2:00 PM PST. (10:00 PM GMT)

European Session: Saturday 4:00 PM GMT. (8:00 AM PST)

Meeting Two

USA Session: Sunday 2:00 PM PST.

European Session: Sunday 4:00 PM GMT.

Make sure you let your CO know if you are not going to make any of the weekend sessions so you are not listed as AWOL on the roll call of all four sessions. Prime Fleet command frowns on AWOL personnel and deals with them accordingly.

Remember men that Prime is an active fleet an MP fleet. We consider all personnel for promotions not only on your gaming skills but your attendance and the contribution you make to the Battlecruiser community as a whole.

As soon as the other fleets develop to the point that they are prepared for inter-fleet matches this schedule will change to allow for the scheduling of fleet matches on Saturday and Sunday.

I look forward to reviewing the roll call sheet each Monday to see all the active members of Prime. This announcement will be posted on the 3000AD forums as well as the Prime Fleet Forums to make sure no one miss it.

Fleet Staff lets start getting this together we need to hold a meeting ASAP to make sure this all works as planned. IÔÇÖll be available on Teamspeak tomorrow from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM PST.

That is all!

[ 07-17-2004, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Sir!

I don't have teamspeak installed, will it be a problem?

I'm on 56K dial up and don't think is a good idea to stole some other bandwidth to the game...

BTW what server will be used?

[ 07-16-2004, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

Denny,

I'd suggest downloading and installing TeamSpeak 2. If you think it will hamper your game-play, you can always check FPS with and w/o TS running.

But you should at least have it available. Sometimes we just do "conference calls" (outside the game arena) and TS is usually the chat-mode of choice.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Aye Sir!

I don't have teamspeak installed, will it be a problem?

I'm on 56K dial up and don't think is a good idea to stole some other bandwidth to the game...

BTW what server will be used?

Please install teamspeak if possible for the roll call and pre-mission briefing that takes place before each match. There you will receive complete instructions on which server to use and the details of the mission. Once thatÔÇÖs done you can log out of teamspeak before logging on to the UC server.

Tomorrow will be a server orientation session. We will be using different carrier group makeupÔÇÖs and moving through the universe in a uniform manner on Saturday

Then on Sunday we will start using some basic Carrier protection tactics.

Marvin will attend the session scheduled for the GMT time zone to conduct the roll call and direct server activities, since I have to work in the morning. I will be attending the other three sessions though plus the academy event to be held Sunday.

I know this weekend is short notice but hopefully will still get a few members this first weekend. I look forward to the weeks to come once everyone is brought up to speed.

I'll try to download, install and configure TS for the SUNDAY 4PM GMT session; If I can't be in time for some reason please don't list me as AWOL, I'm on vacation next week so I'll have plenty of time sort it out and maybe I'll not be checking the forums daily.... JFYI.

P.S.: Remo or Marvin please E-mail me the details for the configuration of TS2 and the password of the PF server. The topic on the PF board is gone....

[ 07-17-2004, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

Guest Remo Williams

This morning session went very well with a few exceptions. Turn out wasn't that good for the first session but that was expected being the first weekend.

Thanks DennyMala, and Marvin! I think you did very well in the orientation session this morning outstanding actually. This is going to be very fun indeed once we get the rest of the fleet up to speed.

I look forward to our afternoon session and hope more members will be available. Remember to get teamspeak setup if you havenÔÇÖt already, and connect to the Prime Fleet West TS server at the scheduled time for pre-mission briefing and roll call. Then weÔÇÖll connect to UC Server 2

Thanks again Denny, Marvin!

Ok... all sorted out.....I've had a great time with Marvin and Remo on teamspeak on server 2 and a little on 4.....great apart from the disconnections....

Still have to train my ears to understand promptly the commands I receive...

I'll try to be there tomorrow but I have to pay a visit to my grandma and dunno if I can be in time....

EDIT: Thank you REMO! Great time indeed....I think we're gonna do some air shows!!!

[ 07-18-2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

What about people who may have trouble on the server? (eg lag)

We didn't have that problem this morning. When you join us on a server will see if it happens.

I am missing the Teamspeak information. Since the Prime Fleet boards are down I can't check to see if the information (IP and Pass) were put on that link.

If I could get a PM that would be appriciated.

Marvin, before you read the reply, please note that I found the server...

If we need someone to record the 14:00 (PS) meeting, I will do so.

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks guys the turn out for our US session was alot better. It seems we have a few night owls over in Europe that made it to the session. Which is great the only reason I've divided the sessions between US & Europe is so the times will be acceptable to all. You can join any of the sessions though no matter where you live if the times right for you.

Hopefully even more of us will show for the Sunday sessions.

Thanks again to the following for showing up for the beginning of our MP orientation.

Marvin

Papi

Grayson

Patrik

Freyer

ThereÔÇÖs a lot of hands on tactics to get done before our first match, and were off to a good start.

See you all tomorrow!

Guest Remo Williams

Another good turn out for this morning MP session thanks guys. If enough show this afternoon will have a skirmish during the last half of the session.

Guest Remo Williams

ThatÔÇÖs the end of the first weekend sessions. We had a total of nine active fleet members participate over the weekend. I think that is excellent considering how short notice was on when the events would start. I know were going to do even better next weekend once everyone knows whatÔÇÖs going on.

WeÔÇÖre already working on next weekÔÇÖs session. Papi will be posting a signup sheet for SaturdayÔÇÖs first & second session this Wednesday along with info on which server will be using.. Once you have signed up for the event Tactical will contact you with your ship assignment for the session.

When the session time arrives all participants will meet on our TS server to receive your pre-mission briefing. Fleet Tactical Officer Gordon will conduct the briefing and answer any question you may have.

Thanks again men!

Remo Out!

To: All fleet personnel

Subject: Sign up to Saturday's multiplayer sessions

We'll be holding two MP sessions on Saturday.

Here's scheduled times for sessions on Saturday.

Saturday 2:00 PM PST. (10:00 PM GMT) on server 2

Saturday 4:00 PM GMT. (8:00 AM PST) on server 2

You need to reply to this post with following information:

[*]1. Session you're going to attend

[*]2. Your commander name

[*]3. Your asset name

[*]4. Your preferred asset type

Tactical Officer Gordon will contact you and tell you which asset you'll be assigned to in the session.

Please be on time, roll call will take place on the teamspeak server at the start time of the session.

This announcement will be posted on the 3000AD forums as well as the Prime Fleet Forums to make sure no one misses it.

Good luck cmdrs, see you out there!

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Papi!

I would like to add that there are two-session schedule for Sunday also the same as last week. If you can't make the Saturday sessions, but can make it to a Sunday session Post here also so we can plan the activities for each session.

There are a few scenarios were going to use in skirmishes this weekend that might be used in MP matches against our opponents. Please attend if you can the fleet needs your participation as we make the transition in to MP.

Heres my info Papi.

1. All four sessions
  2. Remo Williams
  3. GCV Lexington
  4. Aestrom

I'm thinking about reducing next week's training schedule to one mission per day. Say, around 1900 hours GMT. Will that help to increase the number of players at one time?

Btw, it was a fruitful meeting we had, today, with Chavik and ShoHashi. Results should be posted soon. My regrets for not keeping a closer eye on the clock ... the meeting ran over and I missed the 2200hrs GMT rendezvous on TeamSpeak.

The next round is on me.

I will have problems attending the meetings then..... it will be 20.00 PM here and I MUST have dinner at that time.... I can't delay or anticipate or my parents and/or relatives will grow very pissed.....

Note: normally, this would be a PM but I'd like to keep this thing coordinated with eveyone involved.

Denny, how much time do you need for dinner? And how late can you stay up on a Sunday? Or is Saturday a better day?

Okay, now for the coordination part: How about for everyone else?

This last weekend, the best show-times were 2200hrs GMT on Saturday and 1600hrs GMT on Sunday. How about leaving the Saturday time as is and changing Sunday to 1700hrs GMT ... for those on the west coast who can't manage to wake up before 8 a.m.? And cancel the other two times?

Mrxknown, if you can't make either of those, let me know ... we can still go with 1900hrs for one session and either cut Denny out or let him join with a full stomach, halfway into it.

To summarize, who can make the following:

[*]1900hrs GMT?

[*]1700hrs GMT?

[*]2200hrs GMT?

[*]1600hrs GMT?

Sorry, I was unable to join yesterday

I ended up driving 700km instead of 400km (8 › hrs) from my parents summer cottage. Long story, I'll tell it later.

So my schedule was ruined and I couldn't attend the session.

Usually the best time for me is Saturday 2200 GMT.