August Roll Call

Marvin

Guest Remo Williams

Its hard to believe we're having a hard time getting enough members together for practice sessions after this roll call! With the exception of a few of you that either don't have UC or a system to run it on I hope to see the rest of you this weekend at the scheduled session.

Remo Out!

Btw, Sunday, 2200hrs GMT seems to be getting the best turn-out. Last Saturday was pretty much a bust ... early Sunday was a bit better.

And about GMT: it isn't really GMT ... at least, not during the summer months. As Gordon pointed out to someone who should know better, "real" GMT isn't adjusted for Daylight Savings Time.

But (as I replied), according to Bill Gates, everybody is on Daylight Savings so it's best to just ignore the oversight and say, for example, that Eastern Time (Daylight or not) is GMT minus (-) five hours. Or, as Gates' clock puts it (in WinXP): (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

And about GMT: it isn't really GMT ... at least, not during the summer months. As Gordon pointed out to someone who should know better, "real" GMT isn't adjusted for Daylight Savings Time.

But (as I replied), according to Bill Gates, everybody is on Daylight Savings so it's best to just ignore the oversight and say, for example, that Eastern Time (Daylight or not) is GMT minus (-) five hours. Or, as Gates' clock puts it (in WinXP): (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Do you sleep, Marvin?