November Fleet Roll Call

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Ok men this is it I'm going to have to let some of you go for non-activity. This is nothing personal and I apologies to those that may feel that it is.

If you don't have the game or the system to play UC MP then youÔÇÖre out of Prime!

If you are not playing because you feel the state of MP is not what you require for MP play then your out!

If you have UC and are going to start attending the fleet meets then please check in here for November. This doesn't mean you have to attend every meet or your going to get the boot. If you can't make it on a meet date then let me or Marvin know that you can't make it that weekend, but if your going to miss Meet after Meet then DON'T check in here. Prime Fleet is for ACTIVE MP players only from this day on.

I hope that most of you will start attending and remain with Prime. If not then take care and we hope that you will join us again in the future.

Remo Out

It's time for me to step down from the staff position. I think that Logistics Officers position should belong to someone more active member.

I wish you luck with mp. Maybe I'll join you guys someday again.

I'm not leaving for good though, it's just that I don't have time or motivation to join mp matches at the time being.

Because of the current issues I find the mp matches quite frustrating and it supposed to be fun.

Maybe the issues are only in my end, but I doubt it.

I'll continue to use UC mp to meet ppl in a "virtual space", so maybe we'll bump to each other sometimes.

I'll wait for your confirmation on my position in the Prime and edit my sig accordingly.

This is all meant to be in good will and no offence to anybody.

I'll attend, just get the information out at least a week ahead so that I can plan ahead... The boss REALLY doesn't like it when I try to call in sick just to attend, that's what I tried the last few meet's and it didn't work and almost nearly costed me my job... LUCKILY I was able to change my job over to Part Time Flexible meaning I'll be able to schudle these meet's around my work schudle as well.. and by the way, I was able to get PTF about a week ago when Boss and I had a chat

I work mostly on saturdays, but hardly EVER on sundays. This saturday I have NO work, but I will be attending the Aviation Nation (at Nellis Air Force Base here in Las Vegas Nevada) I'll most likely be back at by about 1 or 2 pm, so hopefully if there is a meet it'll occur sometime after so I can attend

I have UC, as you already know, and I have the platform to play it.

Keep in mind, the PTF is still not a done deal, we only talked about it.. I have to talk to her this Saturday about making it permanant (that's why in my PM I said i needed to work something out)

[ 11-11-2004, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Kalshion ]

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I have to talk to
her
this Saturday about making it permanant (that's why in my PM I said i needed to work something out)

Best wishes if your BOSS is a lady...they tend to be more strict then us....

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Ok men this is it I'm going to have to let some of you go for non-activity. This is nothing personal and I apologies to those that may feel that it is.

Remo,

I'm thinking that a fleet roll call should be probably be built into the fleet dB; but I can't think of any way that it can be done.

e.g. you can update the fleet dB bulletin (and the forum thread) announcing a roll call. Then each fleet member would log in to the dB, go to their profile and maybe check a box or something?

I dunno, am gonna go ask Mark (the web guy) what he thinks, since he has a good grip on stuff like this.

In the meantime, if you have any ideas, post it here so that we can follow the thread.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I have to talk to
her
this Saturday about making it permanant (that's why in my PM I said i needed to work something out)

Best wishes if your BOSS is a lady...they tend to be more strict then us....

She is female

But, then again, I've known her for 9 years cause she's worked at this store for over 11 years

And if reguler asking doesn't work, I can always ask her out for dinner

I would be here, but school is heck right now, I got exams coming, I gotta study for my last Cal II exam, get ready for my Air Force Physical Fitness Assessment Sat morning, get ready for Field Training eXercise the weekend after that, and of course work this Sun, do laundry, eat, sleep, and breathe.

Sorry guys but it looks like I may not be around.

Sundays for me is usally when I go and check to see if I have work the next day

But, then again you just said MOST. There doesn't mean EVERYONE doesn't work Sundays

I happen to be apart of those who happens to work Sundays unless I'm not needed (sunday's are optional for me, I go in in the morning and ask if I'm needed... if I'm not then I run a few errands *like checking the book store and such for new release's* then I head home)

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Remo,

I'm thinking that a fleet roll call should be probably be built into the fleet dB; but I can't think of any way that it can be done.

e.g. you can update the fleet dB bulletin (and the forum thread) announcing a roll call. Then each fleet member would log in to the dB, go to their profile and maybe check a box or something?

I dunno, am gonna go ask Mark (the web guy) what he thinks, since he has a good grip on stuff like this.

In the meantime, if you have any ideas, post it here so that we can follow the thread.

Hmmm, I did use the Fleet DB comms system a few times to conduct roll calls I would send out a comms message to the entire fleet asking them to respond to my email. It worked fairly well, but caused quite a bit of extra work for me. Because I would have to keep track of all the responses and then post a state of the fleet report on the forum so all members would know who was still active in the fleet.

It would be nice to use the DB in someway though thatÔÇÖs for sure. Maybe there could be a box to check in the user profile as you said and a submit button that would send the users player name to a dynamic page that can be viewed by all members. Then the page could be wiped at the end of the month to start a new roll call.

Then the FL's could go to the DB and issue a roll call through the comms system telling all their members to login to the DB and check in.

Don't know just a thought maybe it would be too much work for Mark to implement. I'll brain storm some more and let you know if I can think of anything easier.

quote:

It's time for me to step down from the staff position. I think that Logistics Officers position should belong to someone more active member.

Denied!! I guess I should of been clear that this did not have anything to do with my staff officers. You guys contribute to the fleet in more ways than just MP. You are my advisors and are the ones that make things happen when I want them to. ThereÔÇÖs still a lot of work to do for Prime and I need your help. I can't make you stay but I hope you will. We need to discuss more between ourselves before I jump into the politics of trying to get the other fleets to see our position. We'll get a lot more done that way and I'll have a broader base of support.

Let me say it again this doesn't mean you have to attend every meet, but you can't miss every meet and practice. You need to contribute to MP or the Fleet in some way to remain a member. If your only involvement is to fly our fleet info in your sig then youÔÇÖre out.

I'm able to participate in MP now, BUT...Sunday for you in the States is Monday for me here in Japan. So I guess this will be my last roll call. Good luck gentlemen. It has been an experience like no other.

Maybe Prime needs a MP wing and a R/P wing. Role-playing doesn't require much in terms of coordinating times, days, scenarios, or ROE so it should pretty much take care of itself.

The only MP requirement for members of the R/P wing would be as concerns the Academy. But, since all the Academy assignments can be done by the cadet any time or day (as long as a server is available), it shouldn't be that hard of an accomplishment. Check rides can be conducted by any senior officer ... including Most (in Japan) or Papi (in Europe) ... allowing the necessary flexability.

That's my two.

And Cadet Cox: Some time tomorrow (Saturday), check Prime Fleet's forum for your first assignment. Do not miss the completion date.

quote:

It would be nice to use the DB in someway though thatÔÇÖs for sure. Maybe there could be a box to check in the user profile as you said and a submit button that would send the users player name to a dynamic page that can be viewed by all members. Then the page could be wiped at the end of the month to start a new roll call.

Then the FL's could go to the DB and issue a roll call through the comms system telling all their members to login to the DB and check in.

Don't know just a thought maybe it would be too much work for Mark to implement. I'll brain storm some more and let you know if I can think of anything easier.

Mark and I are tossing some ideas back and forth about this right now. Your suggestion about sending the responses to a dynamic HTML page is an excellent one and which I hadn't thought of. Thats a brilliant idea and I've just sent email to Mark about it.

The current plan is to have a check mark in the fleet dB entry for the person. When a roll call goes out, they check the box and log out. It then gets sent to the HTML page; when then gets cleared either automatically or manually when needed (e.g. every month).

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Mark and I are tossing some ideas back and forth about this right now. Your suggestion about sending the responses to a dynamic HTML page is an excellent one and which I hadn't thought of. Thats a brilliant idea and I've just sent email to Mark about it.

The current plan is to have a check mark in the fleet dB entry for the person. When a roll call goes out, they check the box and log out. It then gets sent to the HTML page; when then gets cleared either automatically or manually when needed (e.g. every month).

Kewl glad I could help!

quote:

Maybe Prime needs a MP wing and a R/P wing. Role-playing doesn't require much in terms of coordinating times, days, scenarios, or ROE so it should pretty much take care of itself.

The only MP requirement for members of the R/P wing would be as concerns the Academy. But, since all the Academy assignments can be done by the cadet any time or day (as long as a server is available), it shouldn't be that hard of an accomplishment. Check rides can be conducted by any senior officer ... including Most (in Japan) or Papi (in Europe) ... allowing the necessary flexability.

That's my two.

I'm interested Marvin develope it and we'll hold a staff meetiing soon to discuss this and other issues.

Cmdr. Most, don't change your sig just yet there are other things available for you to do for Prime MP. There's a reason why I made you a wing leader and it wasn't to let you go.

The rest of you go ahead and check in here while we discuss this in more detail at the staff level.

Remo Out!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mano Faber:

Do like to play though. But keep having to learn in the evening and do exams for work. If someone could send me a PM or mail when a MP-game is planned i can play (most likely in the weekends).

If i have to check myself i fear i'll stay inactive.

Wow almost forgot that you were in Prime at one time Mano. Why don't you register in the DB and change your sig to reflect your fleet affiliation. Then I'll hook you up when were going to have an event.

-Sighs-

How dissapointing this is....

-Salutes- This is Cadet Joshuwa Rix. Sir!

Requesting permission to leave the fleet.

-Hands over papers of resignation-

Perhaps some day I will have the commitment

to be a part of this fleet.

Now.. Is not the time.

I am sorry.