Requesting a temporary leave of absence

Kalshion

I was going to wait till next week, after the meet on sunday, to post this

But something happened today that has caused me to change my mind

I'm not sure if anything's happened to Derek's server. But my friend told me that someone with my e-mail address attempted to bypass his server's security

That was the first hint

Then, during a network capture process, I found out some of my personel information was being sent to a PC somewhere in the US *no idea where*

That was my 2nd hint

My 3rd was when I found out my connection was running well BELOW a 56k, meaning, that I can't play any game's without experincing lag you've never seen, it also mean's that my system is chock full of spy/adware

There's nothing I can really do about the information being stolen and such, but the fact that my hard drive was compromised tells me enough... I need to work on this computer

I'm going to be sending this computer to a buddy of mine who I've known since childhood, he know's more about computers than I do and can help solve this problem.

That mean's Kalshion will not be on UC for who knows how long, perhaps a few days, few weeks... maybe even a few months

I hope this will be resolved... saddly I don't know what type of freak would do this.

Talk to you all after I get this computer back up

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

...I don't know what type of freak would do this.

The kind with a few computer skills and low personal esteem.

Good luck with the computer, Kal. Make sure your friend teaches you how to use the programs he will undoubtably install on your computer to minimize things like this.

Hey guys

Computer is still in shop

However, things have gone very wrong here

The person who got into my computer used a cached password to get into my friend's server.... the server was killed and it'll cost him $145 to get it back up

Even though, I feel that these.... childish freaks, are not done. My friend's server was one of the most secure on the net, so it scares me that someone can get into his and wreak it like it was nothing

Not cool... morons like these should be shot and shot again.

If they want to actually do this stuff they should go to HTS and do it there. Honestly, it's so lame to do **** like this to anyone. I've dealt with it before, and luckly, the multiple firewalls stopped them.

Ok, friend just fixed meh computer and will be sending it back today =)

Should get it hopefully tuesday or Wednesday

Once that's done, I got A LOT of catching up to do (both in the Prime Fleet Academy and out)

Got meh computer back, good as new.. if not better than it was when I got it from alienware

Having a bit of a problem with UC but that's for another thread.. once I get it set up and get some stuff done I'll be able to get the marine academy back up to speed.. although I think it'll take a few days (if not a few weeks)