Off Duty

Blades

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As from 05:00 May 8th (GMT) I shall be handing control of the Orion Fleet over to Executive Officer Greg Miller for a period of 8 days while I vacation in sunny Florida. During that time, Gman is the Orion Fleet and eI expect everyone to follow his orders to the letter. I shall be monitoring things from the states when I have the chance, but I wont be available for the most part. If Greg needs to get in touch with me for some reason (Or anyone else for that matter) you can always mail me at my Orionfleet address, but dont expect a swift answer.

Upon my return, things are going to change around here. Inactive fleet members will be removed from the fleet database. Existing commanders who have assignments and are not living up to expectations will be replaced with officers that can devote the time neccesary to these tasks.

If during my abscence, these tardy members manage through some miricle to become more active, they may yet be spared the cull. You got one week people, dont waste it.

Greg, she's all yours.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

After a rather eventful 20 odd hours of traveling, im now back in the sunny US of A and gettin ready for a whistlestop tour of everything fun in Florida. This trip out, Im dragging dear old Becka with me and am gonna make her ooow n ahhh at all the good stuff. Once we've done that, we might get around to doin some sight seeing.

So far I havent had a lot of work emails (85 in less than 2 days) so I might actually be able to relax for a wee bit.

Tac, I know you're a local boy, so what would you reccomend mea gain thats new?

Im watchin you guys ...

• 1 month later...

Well folks, I am off again. This time to Sunny California for the week. I leave Saturday morning and will be back at the end of next week. I will have Limited web access while I am their, but no email. I will see you all when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well.....

I'm going out of country for a 3-week vacation. I'm leaving this Saturday (kinda short notice for such a long leave, I know).

Doing a whole bunch of family stuff (reunions and such) in the Philippines (my parent's home country).

Having to finish finals and everything for school before everyone else, I'm going to have to put out more time than usual this last week of normal life. After that, it's a 2 hour flight to Detroit, and an 18 hour flight straight to the Philippines. If the jet lag doesn't kill me, the heat is sure to. I'm more of a cold-weather person, so tropical climates are a bit out of the norm for me.

I'll mainly be only checking my MSN Hotmail account when I'm gone, so if you're planning to contact me, try that. ( [email protected] ) Note that I'll have limited access to the net unless I can get onto a relative's account (when we're not busy around there), or in a net cafe.

So yes, I'm here this week; slightly. But come Saturday morning, Nova will not be in the house until June 19 or whenever.

Over and out.

PS-If multiplayer comes out before I get back, I'm personally going to frag the first one to brag to me.

• 4 months later...
Guest Grayfox

ok, my turn. im moving this weekend (Oct 12) and wont be back on net until the 15th or so. and when i do get back on, ill be on a slow dialup line until i can get a cable setup established.

ill drop a line lettin you know when im back.

oh BTW check the orion forums for some new info

THIS MEANS YOU JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Grayfox

ok im back

i decided to pack the computer in the truck so i have to wait for a month or so for it to get here lol.

a friend of my fathers offered to haul my stuff in his 20 foot trailer free of charge, but it would take a month for him to get out here...

so i weighed the options of forking out 1000 bucks for a uhaul, or not forking out any cash and just waiting a month for my stuff... i took the second option

right now, im using my dads primitive dial up comp, so at least ill be in contact with everyone until my PC arrives.

*SALUTE*

*Sgt Major Grayfox reporting for duty*

• 5 weeks later...

Due to the wife wanting to paint and put new carpeting down, I will be off line for the remainder of the month. Currently my PC and Home LAN are in pieces, more like shambles. Carpeting will be installed within a minimum of 2 weeks. I’m betting my PC will be back possibly in 3 weeks, probably in 4. This SUCKS!!!

Nova, $ilk, Grayfox, Alex, etc. I am leaving this fleet in your capable hands for the duration, or until Blades comes back permanently. I will still be watching daily during my workday lunch break. If there is anything that needs my response I’ve created a thread for you guys to get issues, questions, etc., to me here.

I will be checking that thread when I can and respond accordingly. Beings today is my Friday, I will be back again on Monday. See you all again soon.

[ 11-13-2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]