The Galatea Exploration Wing is now recruiting

Guest Commander Hamblin

Guest Commander Hamblin

Finally.

The Galatea Exploration Wing, as you may or may not have guessed by now, is led by none other than me.

Our job is to scout the three quadrants (Leave the Terran Quadrant to those Prime lose...*ahem*, I mean, buddies of ours. biggrin.gif), and act as a sort of "early warning system" for the fleet.

I hope to split us up into three groups of two, with one commander and one wingman in each group. These will be Gammulan group, Syrion group, and...um...Credian group (Those ARE the right names, right?) Obviously, each group will then patrol their assigned quadrant. Our aim is to scout out, and remain undetected whilst in enemy territory. Better stock up on Iridium folks, 'cos your cloaking skills (Basically, push a button, you're cloaked. Push that button again, you're de-cloaked biggrin.gif) are gonna be tested to the limit.

We'll spend long periods in enemy territory, but I hope to be able to maximise efficiency by having each group swap over quadrants, and shift each member between the groups. (Except me, of course, I'll always be leading whatever group I'm in. tongue.gif) So, while Commander A is Commanding Gammulan Group (Poor him or her, eh? biggrin.gif), and Commander B is the wingman, when the change over occurs (Obviously, each group will rendezvous at Orion HQ), Commander B might just find him or herself in command of, say, Syrion Group, and Commander A will end up in some other group as the wingman.

As such, there can only be a maximum of five people recruited into the GEW, so, if you wanna join, better get moving! smile.gif You can apply, but of course, since we have so few openings, you may be rejected, unfortunately. You've gotta pass through Blades first, as well, so it's not entirely up to me either.

Well, I think that's just about everything...um...if you wanna join post a reply, telling me what you think you could add to the GEW.

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING COMMANDER

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Dont feel bad, James. It's early days yet and there is still a distinct lack of new blood around to be enticed. And since those Insurgent vultures are leaping on every newbie that pokes his head in here, dont be surprised if you dont get any for a while.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk