Orionfleet.com

Blades

Well, the topic title says it all. From this day forth, the Orion Fleet has it's own dot com address. More than that, registered and ACTIVE fleet members can now have their own @orionfleet.com email address. Interested parties should post here. Mail collection details will be forwarded to you in due course.

Things are about to get very serious around here. This is now the end of the begining ...

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Good to have you with us, Epsilon 5.

I registered the domain name a little under 24 hours ago and aranged web forwarding to the old sites location. A whois lookup on the domain name can take some time to fully update, but a dot com usually takes about 24 hours. After that, we just need to wait for DNS proliferation throughout the internet. Should take another 6-12 hours after that.

Since Im sitting on my own name servers, it works like a charm for me already, but that doesnt exactly benefit anyone else. The email addresses I've set up for fleet members are already working, so anyone interested in getting one should let me know asap. Espech those that have long and complicated existing addresses.

I've done all this to get us more organised. Communications has been a problem for some of us recently, so I've taken these measures to improve it. I've got mailing lists set up, mail forwardings for those that require it, even auto responders for the busy peeps amongst us.

Dont anyone ever say I dont take my role as Fleet Commander seriously.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

I applaud you on all your hard work on this endeavor Blades, but I think Gallion was referring to the Holy Blessings of the Supreme Commander.

Btw, since I have just recently been revolked access to my Yahoo account at work, I will gladly take an Orion E-mail Addy.

Again congrats smile.gif

Oh, and Welcome to the Orion Fleet Epsilon 5. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 02-14-2001).]

Um .... I wasnt refering to Gallions post at all, Greg. But anyhow, since it's brought up ... no, I didnt get any blessings for it. The name was freely available, and since Im recognised as running this here fleet, I took it upon myself to register it before BCM gets here and any old random nugget decides it would be fun to own it for their own nefarious purposes. Since BCM / GCO is gonna be recognised in online gaming world over, it's best to keep it in the hands of those that will put it to good use.

Should at some point in the future Derek decide he would like to hold all rights to this, and other like domains, I have no problem in signing it over to him, but I doubt he'd really worry too much about that. After all, we are the community - not random nuggs.

Just out of curiosity, would any of the other fleet commanders be considering getting their hands on the other fleet domain names? Might be an idea to consolidate all our online assets before the masses take that option out of our hands.

Greg, Im setting a pop account up for you this evening. I'll mail you the details for it shortly.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

I applaud your initiative Blades. I just didn't want to see/hear you getting any back blast from the SC for this is all biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

quote:

Just out of curiosity, would any of the other fleet commanders be considering getting their hands on the other fleet domain names?

Not a bad idea. Let me consider it.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

• 3 months later...

The new Orionfleet.com site is awesome! Can't wait to see what happens next. I see many good things in the future...

PS I wouldn't mind an @orionfleet.com address, if possible.

PPS Uh... not to nag, but, are promotions somewhere in the distant horizon?

Looks good Blades. May I have an @orion email address?

One small thing. On the contents page the last entry/link "Commlink forum" wraps weird for me and I can't get to it. Could be me. no worries. Just letting you know.

Delgard (And anyone else with the Orion Fleet) who doesnt already have an email address, send me an email requesting one and I shall set it up. As for promotions, they are comming. Be patient.

Charles, I'll look into the wrapping problem for you.

Good god Im generous.

Ok, everyone who didnt have an @orionfleet.com address before now has one. All you need to do to activate it is send me an email and I shall send you the details.

Hop! Hop damn you!

Orion is heavily involved in RP, so it seems only fair that certain exploits from our RP endevours be included within. Nothing like having a little history to go with the website. So long as that it's official (As in played out RP material) I think it's worth including.

Opinions?

Like I said, official as in it was played out in the RP forum, not just the creative endevour of one person who fancies himself a hero. At no point did I ever say Official BC historical data ... if you get my meaning.