Orionfleet.com

Blades

Well, in actual fact the Fleets aren't included in the official history of the BC universe either. Derek was simply kind enough to create stations for them! As far as I'm concerned, you can't have the fleets without acknowledging their RP roots. Many of the fleets owe their current form to the First Gammulan War RP thread, so it's pretty difficult to ignore it.

I love the new web sight, and I still need the Info to reset up my orion fleet address, I already have one, just did an recovery on the system and still have not got it set back up.

Actually I would be careful when making references to rping events outside the rping thread.

True, many fleets own their start to rping events there and DS did officially endorse the fleets but never did he say anything about the events themselves in the rping thread. And one can’t really expect other fleets to abide by events that happens in the rping thread.

I personally don't have a problem whatsoever what goes on in the roleplaying thread. I only have a problem with it when people make references to events or actions outside of the rping thread, especially when talking about Earthcom.

But this isn’t the right thread for a discuss such as this, maybe a thread needs to be started to answer this question once and for all in Fleet Discussions.

Just my two pennies with a hole in’em.

Well, as far as RP is concerned, whenever I've started a scenario which deals with other fleets in one way or another, I make damned sure that I first discuss the threads content with the appropriate people. The current ITF thread casts renegade elements (As in opperating without the approval or knowledge of command) within Earthcom as the bad guys. This doesnt impact on the legitimate Earthcom (Who we all know are the good guys, really ) who are in no way to blame for these renegade elements.

All the same, it's kept pretty clandestine and so isnt considered public knowledge.

A discussion about this might be a good call then. Start the ball rolling, and I'll be sure to participate.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Blades ]

Thought I posted here already... oh well I want one too. Tried to get on the Orion forum last night but it wouldn't work. Ah well. Thanks everyone for the welcome to the BIG fleet. hehe

i'll try to post there a message, but its 'dead'...

So I've post it here below:

quote:

DAMN!...

Greg, I receive your message but my reply not sending! its write me some sort of "error".. (I have a version with russification of Outlook Express (MSOffice-2000) so I don't know how its
correcly nammed in English version, but I hope you can understand what I am talking about) ... so...

i have a couple of mailboxes in a different servers (Like a ***@usa.net - I mean - free) and some of it has a SMTP function. For example: I have a adres on ***@mail.ru server. When I added it in list of postboxes in Outlook's "MailBoxes in Internet"
(?? in menu Mail/News/...??)
in 'Properties' window in lines with names of servers I wrote:

POP3:
mail.ru

SMTP:
smtp.mail.ru

And all working just fine: incomming and outgoing messages just fly!

In that servers, which has NO SMTP function I must just cliking (in that window) on "Outgoing Mail Server"
'?? check User's ID??
click on appearing for use Button ->
'Access to server' -> 'by using'
(point)

And there I must enter My another adress (with smtp server) for examp. - ***@mail.ru with my password
and all (as I think before!) Must working...

And so what?... nothing happened! this mail' adress not working for sending! Only for receive! Why?

Same things with the ***@orionfleet.com...

Please Give me step-by-step advice before I'm going down to madness!

Where is my lovely Orion' forum???

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

*sigh*

C'mon guys, lets do some thinking here. If the initial link to the forum returns a DNS failure, hit refresh a couple of times to make sure. If it finds the site, but takes forever to load up then theres a problem with the server. If all else fails, dont use the link. Manually put in the address and surf there.

It's not as bad as you make out.