Rumor Control

Blades

Commanders of the Orion Fleet,

Despite recent publications in several less that respected tabloid newscasts, no member of the Orion Fleet has defected to the Insurgency. Although I am not at present at liberty to divulge the identity of the turncoat, I can tell you that the officer in question was once a well respected member of the Wraith Fleet who had disgraced hiself in the field of battle and had been branded as nothing more than a criminal. Well, this commander is no longer deserving of our respect and as such, should you encounter him in your travels, you are to terminate him with extreme predudice.

Theres only one thing worse than an Insurgent ... and thats a man we once called friend becoming a traitor.

As a courtesy, we are expending all available resources to help assist Wraith Fleet in the pursuit of this individual.

That is all.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

[rp]

Hem... defection.. that's terrible news... he could divulgate tactical data...

I ever I'm needed, I'll be ready.

I've just finished with the wax on my BC. Now it's time I find a name for my officers...

***Salute***

[/rp]

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

(RP)

Nice catch Fleet Commander Savage. wink.gif I must freely admit that I am not surprised at the events which concluded in this defection. I shall not appologize for this Commanders actions as I do not think that he owes an appology. I welcome him to the Insurgency and, should you ever gain control of your senses, would welcome you as well. As for that whelp with the bright shiney, freshly waxed ship, Keep it in the barn. It'll stay in that condition much longer and FC Blades won't have to be replacing it as quickly. wink.gif

(/RP)

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

[RP]

MEMO to Commander Savage:

It has come to my attention that some mis-information has been passed around. Consider the following before making hasty decisions in providing resources to Wraith fleet.

I fear that I am wasting my time, but being the gentalman that I am, I felt it my duty to inform you of the following:

quote:

The Rules of Engagement are clear against Insurgency targets, and this applies to one of our own as well. Terminate with extreme prejudice

and

quote:

a well respected member of the Wraith Fleet who had disgraced hiself in the field of battle

The datachips from the GCV Graf Spee have been removed by Spectre starstation engineers. The battle to which you refer and the actions of the commander in question are there recorded. This data has been cross-checked w/ several mercenaries and traders in the area at time of battle.

This disgrace that you refer to was nothing more then self-defense. Following their ROE, several of wraith fleets ships fired on the GCV Graf Spee, who was in charge of the battle line. The commander then ORDERED these ships to cease fire, THRICE! His orders were ignored! As such, he had no choice, and he terminated his attackers. As he was the survivor, the blame was given to him.

I ask you, would you tolerate anyone of your command, say even Epsilon 5, firing on YOUR ship?!?

If you wish to place your command on the line for such as Wraith, the Insurgency will oblige[/rp]

Hi Blades! biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 02-20-2001).]

[rp]

That's cute talking, but why the Wraith ships were shooting on the Graf Spee AT THE FIRST TIME?

[/rp]

[rp]

And Rattler, I can't wait to scratch my ship, but you will have to wait a million years at least before it will be needed to be replaced.

[/rp]

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

[RP]

quote:

but why the Wraith ships were shooting on the Graf Spee AT THE FIRST TIME?

Got me Epsilon 5, but I bet it had something to do with this confusing part of their ROE:

quote:

this applies to one of our own as well. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

[/RP]

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 02-21-2001).]

[RP]

quote:

Originally posted by Rattler:

I welcome him to the Insurgency and, should you ever gain control of your senses, would welcome you as well.

I'm flattered, as always, old friend but this tired old tune you are playing will never get my attention. Despite recent events, the Insurgency is still and outlawed organisation my duties are still the same as they were the day I put this uniform on. Though some of us may sympathise with your cause, we are officers of Galactic Command first and foremost, and until such a time as the UFN changes it's policy to the Insurgents, we are charged with holding back your expansion and defending the peoples of Earth from your misguided agenda.

YOU of all people know how close we came to the brink of anhiilation not so long ago, and you of all people should realise that it is only in unity that we, as a species can prevail against foreign attackers.

Again Insurgent One, I implore you to disband your organisation and embrace the ideals of the UFN freely. Officers of your calibur can be re-intergrated into our society and help us defend against foes that have the means and the motive to destroy us all.

[/RP]

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

[rp]

Check yourself, Blades, before you lose that position. None of you Galcommie Fleet Comm's have the authority to offer ANYTHING with regards to Insurgents. Not even the Supreme Commander can offer anything but a quick death.

Our fight is with the UFN. No matter how big your guns; how large your intellect; how crafty your words; you are the polliticians' dogs.

Dogs are good for three things: Bark, Bite, and Befriend. You, Blades, are the best example yet. I just didn't know dogs would breed with lemmings frown.gif

However, feel free to make your claims. Just don't expect Rattler to lower himself enough to believe them. Furthermore, don't expect me to allow any other Insurgent listen to your drivel.

[/rp]

------------------

Insurgent Two, Akira

ICV Nevermore, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Minister of War,

Insurgency

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

ICQ 13379858

[RP]

Excuse me, but I do believe I was addressing Insurgent One, not his lapdog. Run along before you get neutered.

[/RP]

smile.gif

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

Heh Heh, go for it Blades. My boys are itching to take the Accentia out on a tour around the bunny park... just say the word Boss! cwm17.gif

------------------

Commander Badger

GCV - Accentia, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Tsunami Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

"Here cometh the storm!"

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 02-22-2001).]

Looks between the two and drops her head since she can't really argue with either of the Fleet Commanders.

Stands there quietly but is listening to every word that is said and making a mental note of it. Sucks to be me

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk