Question about the fleet database

Guest $iLk

Forgot where I was supposed to post these to, but I noticed that I am still listed in the ACADEMY WING, as well as some other commanders who I am not sure belong there are not...

I just have a quick couple of questions, who do I ask to change it, and what part of the fleet should I be changed to?

Oh, yeah. While looking in the DB for you, I forgot that you were listed under Cadet Dan. Just have an Blades, or an Admin, do the changes. Make sure you tell them you're listed simply as 'Dan'.

I guess that's why they forgot.

----

It would be helpful, as future reference, to have your signature name, match the name entered in the DB. Either change your sig, or log into the DB (there's a login button), go to your profile, hit 'Edit this profile', and then make the changes.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

$ilk, edit you sig accordingly. Loose the middle line, and change the last line to look like this:

Recruitment Officer, Sark Battle Group

That should do it, and welcome aboard the SBG.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

The Orion Fleet logo, should also go along with it. The only place I've seen the 'new' logo is on the www.orionfleet.com site, on the left margin. Here is the link:

http://www.orionfleet.com/_borders/oflogo2.gif

I've looked back through the Orion Forums, and I have seen old (as in months) posts about logos for the Battle Groups. All of those links seem to be broken now, and I'm interested in looking at them. I'm also wondering if there are any 'new' (signature size--74x88 pixels) logos for the BG's.

Nova, over and out.

Theres a new fleet logo currently in development. The new logo is being formatted in line with other caste/race logo's that are currently available. It's not the same as the previous image, but retains the general feel. As for BG logos, well, they were under development, but it's been a while since Ive seen any new material. Nows probably a good time to get back with the program.

Cool. I'll report into the Deterrance BG Forum, and see if anyone is interested in our Logo. If not, then I can create something good, that everyone should agree on (if I can find working links of the original BG logos, because I want to base it on the originals, if possible).

BTW, since we're on the topic of pictures and such:

I was looking through Alex Hawk's site, and looking through the personnel pictures of some of the Orion commanders. It reminded me of something I stumbled on in BCM, when I was just tinkering through some of the files (the file verification gets almost everything; almost).

In the GFXFrontend folder, there are some .zip files. In the NPC.zip file, you'll find .bmp files of your crew members, important NPCs (like Karl Reines), and your alter-ego (you, the player). (Hmm.... Derek seemed to sneak his picture in there, as well--cmdr.bmp) They are all 128x128 pixels. I extracted the mcmdr.bmp to the frontend folder, and started editing it. The modifications were visible in the game (in all the missions except the first one, I think). You don't even have to re-compress the picture into the zip file. Just rename it, with the name of the file you'd like to replace.

---

A while ago, some folks were asking if they could put their picture there, but I don't remember any answer. This way, you can edit your Alter-Ego's picture, and your crew if you want. But, I'm not sure about it's effects, once multiplayer will come out. Anyway, it's a pretty nifty thing to do, with your ID Picture.

Your ID Pictures are required in Orion Fleet. If you do not have one, please head over to the Orion Forums, and give Alex a picture of some sort, to make into an ID photo. Here are some examples.

Most the pictures that I have seen, that Alex made, are all 128x128 pixels, and should work in the game. Just don't forget to convert it into a bmp file beforehand.

Isn't it great, actually being on your ship?

Nova, over and out.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I am currently in the process of taking a better pic than the one that I currently have. My old cam was a POS so I am taking a new one.

BTW I posted once about editing the files in the zip files and the SC said that you can do that, but you don't have to edit the files in the zip file, you can simply edit a pic from the zip file, name it the same thing, and place it in the same directory.

You can also do that with any of the BCM textures, you can replace sounds, etc. anything read from a compressed file, that way, if you want to remove your modifications, you just delete and that's it.