How would a newbie marine like me pass academy and earn my command?

Hunted

That's right cadet, simply post somewhat regularly - having good content in your posts, on both forums, contribute ideas and thoughts as well as talent to Orion Fleet (ie. good with graphics, design something) and keep in good standing.

It's not as daunting as it sounds, and handling marine recruits is new to me, so bear with me as far as help goes, I am here to help you.

Ahhh..... The traditional FC welcoming the newbie event. Doesn't it just make you swell with pride?

---

Since I'm considered by many to be the 'welcome wagon' (heh...), you can ask me if you need any help. I see you've already stumbled upon the Orion Communications Fourm, so I'll get down to business.

Like Blades said, you've got to change your sig to match the Orion Standards. In my example, change +AssetName+ to whatever your asset is called.

[ b ]Cadet JJ[ /b ]

[ i ]GCV - +AssetName+, Orion Starstation [ /i ](CENTRIS)

[ i ]Cadet, Orion Fleet Academy[ /i ]

[ url=http://www.orionfleet.com ]www.orionfleet.com[ /url ]

Also, I've added spaces to the above, so the UBB Code isn't automatically formatted. Just remove the spaces inside the tags, and insert that asset name!

See the UBB Code Page for any help for UBB Code. For the official word about the Orion Fleet Academy Signature, see This Page.

Over and out, and welcome aboard, JJ.

SIR CHANGED SIR...

also would thought command would like to know...i have bought Operation Flashpoint, to prepare while waiting for impending hostilites...our enemies will stand no chance.

also thank you nova for helping with my sig and one more question, i see all the fleets are either terran or raider...does the ai control the gamm fleets and we fight them?

Still need work on that sig.

Anyway, although Orion is situated in a region just brimming over with bunnies, we're ready to face any external threats to GalCom as well. When it comes to engaging the Gams, we tend to be the last in when it comes to a defensive action, and first in on an offensive. Where we're based, it's a bit dodgy for the Gams to take the short cut through Syrion space to attack Aplha Centauri and Sol. They mostly like to take the long way round and hit GalCom from the north east.

Operation Flashpoint, huh? Excellent game. Hard though. Am still battling my way through the final mission, tryin to stop those pesky ruskies from kicking off WW III. Anyway, although you signed on as a marine grunt, until you graduate from the Academy, you're still in a position to change to any of the other career types. Dont rule out anything yet cos once you are on that database with your chosen career choice, you're stuck with it on the Fleet Servers.

Like I said, take the plus signs out (They're only there to designate the variable of the shipname... Maybe I should have used a parenthesis....), put a ship name instead of Elite Force Marine, and fix those tags.

---

There aren't any raider fleets. You might be thinking Insurgents, though.

And no one knows if Gammulans and other Alien Militaries will be kept up; in fleets, or whatever. But, if the person you're looking at isn't human, the AI controls them. Of course, we've got 1 Gammulan Millitary person in the Fleet DB, ATM.

And why don't you get one of the BCM Demos, or BC3K, and see if you would like to be a commander, or pilot, instead of a marine? Just choose wisely, whatever the choice is.