Orionfleet.com sub-domains

Blades

Most of you probably know this already (And if you dont, why havent you been checking the Orion Website Forum?!?) but for those that dont, or those new forum members that want to see how an active fleet operates, I've just set up several sub-domains that all Battle Group Commanders and individuals who wish to contribute to orionfleet.com in some unique way may upload to. Like I just said, all BG's have their own sub-domain addresses, and Commander Bosch has already uploaded the Project Orion site to his space (www.po.orionfleet.com). Commanders in the fleet who would like their own sub-domain, please submit your proposals to me in the usual manner, explaining your intentions.

Once I come up with some kind of idea on what exactly I wan't to promote, I will give you a "ring" Blades, for right now, besides Photoshopping different things, Recruitment Page, or Additional Information FYI Page for Orion Fleet Commanders.

I will think about it and submit something to you this afternoon.

After some talk with Blades, it seems I'm going to run the RP Subdomain..... Yay!

---

Blades I'm getting started on my work for the site. I'm just awaiting your information; hopefully it comes, soon. I'm leaving as of 0900 (GST), on the 2nd (that would be tomorrow), for the weekend........

(And a technical question, for Blades: What server OS do the Orion Fleet servers use? Or at least the one I'm going to be using...)

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Nova, it's an NT server running IIS4 with the usual trimmings. CDONTS isnt working right (Im not sure why, even though it's my job to know why) but ASP, SQL and usual FP Extensions are. However, the current set up doesnt allow for the sub domains to publish via Front Page - so dont even try it.

I'll dial into our linux boxes and set up the sub domain for you shortly and you'll have ftp and log in details a short while after. It might take a few hours for the rest of the net to catch up with the changes, but you should be able to upload immediately.

Sub-domain will be www.rp.orionfleet.com.

I've corrected a slight oversight and enabled full use of FP extensions on all orionfleet.com sub domains. So, if you guys wanna go the FP2000 way, you can no do so. Also, I've set up rp.orionfleet.com for Nova now, and ftp log in details should be in your inbox by the time this is published.

After some thinking, I've decided to put in place certain conditions to unify all sites uploaded to orionfleet.com sub domains. This is to keep the browser aware that each sub-domain they surf to is still part of the Orion fleet whole. These conditions will be posted on the main OFWSF later today, and I expect everyone to adhere to them.