Sark BG WebDesign

Guest $iLk

Would've put this in the comlink forum but it was down right now and I'm too tired to stay up, anyway I spent about 30 minutes and came up with a "rough sketch" of site layout for SBG.

I uploaded it to GeoCities so check it out. (Basically the intro swf is all I have "finished" it still needs to be optimized for size cause it is about .5mb right now.

What do you think?

I don't think that IE6 will let you view it on geocities good because of cookies or something, because on geocities pages, cookies are blocked and since the load time is about 10 seconds it keeps knocking me back to the desktop...

Anyhoo, if you wanna view the swf because you get kicked out see if you can download it by itself

*sigh - Internet Explorer keeps giving me a Kernel 32 error.

It's not just Geocities, I think that the mp3 I embedded is screwing up loading, which is weird because it works fine by itself...

Anyway, I will probably upload it as a zip and get people to check out what I am trying to do.

I have class tonight, but Wednesday I will touch that up and do a full design for a front page.

I have to figure out what causes Explorer to crash when the embedded MP3 loads in the flash intro.

I'll probably just embed src the mp3 into the background. I need a new song though, I'll pick some and give you guys previews.

I love that background music! Well, I'll wait until you tell us what you have in mind for it, before commenting.

---

I wish I could get Flash......... I spent all my money pre-ordering BCM.....

Since I'm a student though, I can snag it for US $100....... Looks like a nice steal for me! Better start doing some extra chores....... (Hell, I'm only 14!)

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I have class tonight, but Wednesday I will touch that up and do a full design for a front page.

I have to figure out what causes Explorer to crash when the embedded MP3 loads in the flash intro.

I'll probably just embed src the mp3 into the background. I need a new song though, I'll pick some and give you guys previews.

What bit rate is the mp3? Considering the FLASH visuals should make the file only around 3-5K, you probably are just using a music file that's WAY too big. Knock down the music bitrate and cut the length of the music track down, and it should be fixed. FLASH does do its own brand of streaming, but it's not designed for using large music files.

For example, if the music isn't playing within seconds of the page load starting, you've got problems with the file size. If you WANT to keep the whole thing, you're gonna have to use the timeline and maybe some ActiveScript to preload the file.

Actually what I did, instead of starting the MP3 with the flash movie, I had it cue on the beginning of the 3rd scene.(might be a problem there.)

I have been busy today and will likely be busy tommorow, but Saturday I should be able to find plenty of time to get to it.

Well, I'm off.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Actually what I did, instead of starting the MP3 with the flash movie, I had it cue on the beginning of the 3rd scene.(might be a problem there.)

I have been busy today and will likely be busy tommorow, but Saturday I should be able to find plenty of time to get to it.

Well, I'm off.

...and with out a significant preload, that's going to seriously bog down the resources.