An idea that wikll hopefully earn my promotion :-)

Hunted

In BCM remind me if i'm wrong the player can't control naval units,

well why not about an ORION Naval Guard Reserve Fleet. How would this be used...basically on strategic planets with water that are meant to be under Orion Protection...we train cruiser and carrier starship commanders, and marines of the 22nd InterPlanetary Marine Battallion to learn how to use their ships as naval weapons. This has many advantages...for one...the starships could move alot faster than regular naval ships...use their hyperdrive to pop right near an enemy base....go under water without taking any damage...drop off troops...launch fighters...wait for the go and do one giant amphibious assualt....while th battlecruiser remians submerged and the commander can manage the entire battle from the safety of tacops!!

BRILLIANT ISN"T IT?!

Guest Commander Hamblin

No, you can't control Naval units, to my knowledge.

However, if you could...if you could...my God...I may like spaceships, but I'm a Naval nut at heart. I could talk your ear off about the US Navy or Royal Navy, believe you me...

My God, an Orion Navy...*slips into dreamland*

*ahem* Er, where was I again? Oh, right, Orion Navy...ahhhhh...ah yes, now that's a good image...

la la la la la la...

Edit: Oh, you meant starships flying around underwater...eh, that's alright, I suppose...I still prefer the Navy thing, though...*slips back into fantasy land*

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: Commander Hamblin ]

Guest Commander Hamblin

I think you should hold your horses...or post this at the Orion message board, you'll get more responses there...

Keep an eye on your private messaging thing, JJ.

Guest Commander Hamblin

Ah ha ha ha ha ha...Tac, I'll just use HMS Exeter, HMS Achilles and HMS Ajax, the three cruisers that did hounded Graf Spee to it's destruction before, so they can do it again!

Or, I'd get HMS King George V, or perhaps the good ol' HMS Nelson (Those nine 16 inchers are LETHAL! You honestly don't want to cross the bow of this ship!)...or hell, why not both, as well as a Destroyer Flotilla (Perhaps HMS Cossack), and while I'm at it, throw in a few Kent class Heavy Cruisers, Town class Light Cruisers...ahh, Southampton or Belfast would be good...

Oh hell, how about the entire Grand Fleet...ahhhh, yes, the Grand Fleet...now THERE was a fleet...

*gurgles*

quote:

go under water without taking any damage...

ROTFLMAO! No, on the contrary, you touch water, you ship is dead, and in 30 mins you don't have a ship anymore!

BUT in GCO you will be able to control naval units, including submarines and naval cruisers, which could be interesting.