Orion fleet directive - Hamblin

Supreme Cmdr

I want Hamblin out of Orion and off my board effective immediately. This not the first time he's being banned from here - and later re-instated. This time, he's gone for good.

Anyone who wants to question my decision after reading this, can follow him.

That is all.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Which is why you guys should do proper pre-screening and not just go on wanton recruiting drives.

Which is somthing we don't do. Both Hamblin and Carlton have been here nearly as long as me. Carlton had serious RF issues which has made it nigh on impossible for him to keep up with the rest of a well maintained and disciplined fleet. James has always been a loose cannon, and it was only a matter of time before it got him into trouble again. In fact, he stayed away from the forum because of his personal feelings. We might not agree with him, but we cant prevent him from venting in places where we dont have control.

Regardless, it was out of order and he's now been removed from the Fleet Database.

I will say one thing tho; he was a very talented and valuable member of my team, and despite his own misguided attitude, he will be missed by those that know him well.

And just in case anyone is wondering, I agree with the descision to remove him, even if Im not happy about it.

quote:

wanton recruiting drives

*cough* sure we take everyone... we don't filter people out... everyone can be part of the elite *cough* I feel insulted. Why not take a look at the other fleets and make realistic comparisions before suggesting that?

But about Hamblin... I... I don't know what to say... I knew something like that would happen a day or another... but not THAT rough.

Yes, a personal remark, comment, or threat.... That kind of thing gets you banned.

Freaky, that's something I just wrote up in the latest draft copy of the Orion Fleet Handbook, for the Code of Conduct....

Even freakier, most of the operational info in that guide is based on, or is a copy of stuff that Hamblin's written.....

Ack, this business of mine writing the handbook is starting to get pretty depressing. I've had to add a bit about Carlton's resignation to the guide, remove his name from the command list, and now I'm doing it to Hamblin......

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Sad to see Caralton go, but hopfully things will work out, and he will be back with us next year. as for the other, bummer dude, some things should be kept to yourself. he will be missed too, but he asked for it again.

Hamblin did this to himself, as he had no right to say what he did on a public posting board. That was just uncalled for.

Cmdr Nova, this isn't so bad, we will recover.

Just remember, someone may be the greastest at something, but in reality, when they bite the hand that feeds them, they become nothing.....

Me, I will just pick up the pieces and keep going.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

We might not agree with him, but we cant prevent him from venting in places where we dont have control.

Agree. And its not about controlling him. All I know is, anyone who has personal issues with me, shouldn't f*cking be on my site. Period.

And as has already been noted, he's always been a loose cannon and not the first time he's getting into trouble.

I didn't know him enough to miss him. pah! I've banned people who've been here longer. I'm an equal opportunity banner. In fact, I recently suppressed Drew Vogel's (vogelap) posting rights because of something he said to another. He apologized, I let him back in. Drew's been around for like, forever.