Orion Fleet Handbook

Cmdr Nova

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Ba-da-bump. A YEAR LATER????!??!?

quote:

you mean theres still a handbook???

Yes sir, there is. At least, now there is. (~92kb, PDF)

The big whooping preview. It's very friendly. Read through. Some nice stuff. It's lengthy of general stuff I've written over the past year and a half, but after that HD failure last time around, it's mostly full of "Work-In-Progress" now.

There were some old posts written up by Hamblin before his discharge, that dealt with fleet operational procedure, and general rules of engagement. This was in the other Orion Forum, which I'm having trouble accessing.

Interesting. That Orion Forum's workign again. I'll grab that info and have another chapter complete soon.

The Orion Station Comms. Forum probably has the most pertinent information on the fleet and battle groups I'll need. Hopefully I'll get it all down before the server goes crappy again.

I have no knowledge of the Fleet DB, but I can comment on the Orion Fleet Email addys. I've been in Contact with Blades, and as soon as the email server is up and running again, I will be recreating our Email accounts. The time table for the email server is still not determined as of yet. I will keep you guys posted as I am updated myself.

If anyone would like to have a non-orionfleet.com e-mail address listed in the Orion Fleet Handbook under their information, contact me. This information will be public, and spam may occur. (Well, it's a PDF file, so it's a tad bit safer. But still. If you're cautious, you wouldn't.)

1500th post.

RANKINGS

Okay. Marines. 22nd IMB.

What's the ranking hierarchy for our marines?

J.J. is supposedly in command of the IMB, as a Second Lieutenant. Grayfox is the only person in the IMB besides him, ranked as a Sgt. Major.

I'd like more of a layout based on a current military, or simply use rankage from BCM or such.

Also. It occurred to me that technically, everyone that is in the commander career, except Blades is technically under the rank of Commander. It feels slightly odd. I'd like to use BGCMDR as a thing in the Handbook, as it's the only "position" that I really think has a possibility of being considered a "rank." But I'm not going to.

Unless you say so. lol.

I went off-track working on the Handbook and some other stuff, in the middle of this post. So I'm completely out right now.

Guest Grayfox

sgt maj is the hisghest NCO rank you can go. depending on how many people we actually get into the 22nd IMB, the rank structure would look like this (for NCOS anyway).

SGTMAJ

1st SGT

Gunny SGT

Staff Sgt

Sgt

Corporal

Lance Corporal

Private

as for officers, i dont know how JJ wants to do it. in real military, 2nd LT is the lowest officer rank. you might want to email him or something and ask him.

the unit structure itself basically breaks down like this...

4 companies = 1 battallion

4 platoons = 1 Company

4 Squads = 1 Platoon

10-13 men = 1 Squad

ideally the battallion commander should be a full bird colonel, or a lt. colonel. the battallion NCO should be a sgt major. the battallion XO is usually a major.

company officer and NCO breakdowns are as follows:

company commanders are Captains, 1st Sgts are the top NCOs in a company.

the company XO is generally the highest ranking 1st Lt in the company.

1st Lt and 2nd Lt are the platoon leaders, the platoon sergeants are mostly Gunny sgts or in rare instances staff sgts (due to man power)

squad leaders are usually Staff Sergeants, but again in the case of man power constraints they can be sgts as well.

each squad is basically broken down into 2 teams, each with a sergeant or corporal as a team leader.

confused yet???

Bn CO= Col/Lt Col

Bn XO= Maj

BN NCO= Sgt Maj

Comp CO= Captain

Comp XO= 1st Lt

Comp Plt ldr= 1st lt/2nd lt

Comp NCO= 1st sgt

Plt NCO= Gunny sgt/Staff Sgt

Sqd NCO= Staff Sgt/Sgt

Tm Ldr= Sgt/Cpl

just a basic breakdown. in the next issue, we will go over the elements of a battallion

[ 04-27-2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]