New Fleet Command Structure and Deployments

GREG MILLER

Due to the recent reorganization of the Fleet, here is the new Command Structure and Deployments as of today:

Personnel:

Fleet Executive Officer: Commander Dan ÔÇ£$ilkÔÇØ Cooper

Cmdr Cooper has been a tremendous help getting Orion back on its feet. He has shown incredible leadership, and has earned the position of XO.

Public Relations Officer: Commander Alec ÔÇ£MadmanÔÇØ Nova

Cmdr Nova has been very helpful and instrumental in bringing forth the Olive Branch, and such will remain the Fleet Public Relations Officer, and is overall Third In Command of Orion. Even though the Fleet in its current state is severely depleted, you will retain Wing Leader status. More on the Supremacy Battle Group below.

Command of the 22nd Interplanetary Marine Battalion: 2nd Lieutenant Frank "Grayfox" Jaeger

Lt. Jaeger, you are now in charge of all Orion Fleet Ground Ops, this includes the 22nd IMB, as well as OrionÔÇÖs Spec Opt unit, Storm Command, and as such, IÔÇÖm promoting you to the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. With the departure of Cmdr Wolfe, OrionÔÇÖs Spec Opts division is being integrated back into the 22nd IMB. When we get a sizable Marine Contingent, this will once again become a unit onto itself, commanded by whomever you see fit. All deployments will be coordinated through the Strategic Operations Officer, however since this position is currently vacant, you have free reign over your unit.

Fleet Morale Officer: Commander Alex ÔÇ£HawkÔÇØ Kichigin

Cmdr Kichigin keeps this position as he has limited resources to take on a more active role for now.

Logistics Officer: Vacant

The Logistics OfficerÔÇÖs main responsibility is to make sure all deployed Battle Groups have an adequate supply of fuel, ammunition, spare parts, food, and medical supplies. This unitÔÇÖs deployment will be coordinated through the Strategic Operations Officer. Due to the Strategic Operations Officer Vacancy, this individual will report directly to the XO for current deployment orders.

Strategic Operations Officer: Vacant

This individuals responsibility will be to coordinate all Battle Group deployments, and insure proper rotations within those deployments, and reports directly to the Fleet Commander, and Fleet XO. The main focus of this position is to insure that Orion deploys an effective security net in Alpha Centauri, as well as keep fatigue within those deployed Battle Groups to a minimum. Secondary objectives will be to coordinate Strike Missions against various targets as needed.

Orion Academy Commandant: Vacant

This individuals responsibilities are to insure all Orion Cadets receive and maintain the essential skills and conduct, required for Orion as a whole to complete its objectives. Reports directly to the XO. Commander Nova will currently be heading up this department until a suitable candidate can be found to permanently fill the position.

Recruitment Officer: Vacant

This individual is responsible for recruiting new members into Orion, and works closely with the Academy Commandant. This person is required to use extreme judgement when selecting potential Orion Candidates.

The following Commanders are listed as Retired:

Fleet Commander Karl ÔÇ£BladesÔÇØ Savage.

The following Commanders are listed as Resigned:

Commander Epsilon 5

The following Commanders are listed as MIA:

Commandant Badger

Commander Darien Wolfe

Commander Joseph Bosch

Commander David Foss

Commander Akuma Minako

2nd Lieutenant JJ

Cadet R_Wilco

Cadet Ancharon

The following Commanders status is Unknown:

Commander Kahul Bane

For those of you whoÔÇÖve received promotions, congratulations, youÔÇÖve earned them.

Battle Groups:

Tsunami Battle Group: Decommissioned

With the retirement of Fleet Commander Karl Savage, the TBG is hereby decommissioned, and any active members of the group are now transferred into the Sark Battle Group

Sark Battle Group: Active, Command Battle Group

The SBGÔÇÖs main objective is to insure the security of Centris, Alpha Centauri, and Orion Star Station. May also command Strike Missions as needed.

Supremacy Battle Group: Active, Defense Battle Group

The SupBGÔÇÖs main objective is to actively patrol the wormhole between Treas, Alpha Centuari, and Arima, Taui Ceti. Due to current fleet personnel levels, the SupBG will be stationed in Centris, assisting the SBG in security detail of Alpha Centuari.

Deterrence Battle Group: Decommissioned

With the disappearance of Commander David Foss, the DetBG is hereby decommissioned, and any active members of the group are now transferred into the Supremacy Battle Group.

As you can see, we are a fleet in need, but I believe with a little elbow grease, and determination, we can rebuild Orion back into the great fleet we once were. The areas I most like to get back up to speed are Logistics, and Recruitment. We need to be able to support an extended deployment of any Battle Group. And for our Battle Groups to grow and multiply, we need an active recruiting program. After these two deficiencies are addressed and resolved, the rest will start to fall in place.

We may currently look like were down, but we certainly are not out..Far from it.

Thank You,

Roger. I think I'll work on some Fleet documentation one of these days.

---

...Two battle groups. It is ironic that Tsumani and Deterrence were once the entirety of the Fleet. Deathbringer was also once great. And the Shadow Company. Aye...

We float across the empty space, and it looks desolate.

But glory will once again be ours.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Command of the 22nd Interplanetary Marine Battalion: 2nd Lieutenant Frank "Grayfox" Jaeger

Thank you for your confidence, and the promotion. since i am the only active marine, i should have "fun" rebuilding.

i do need one thing from you greg. do you still have that copy of the 22nd IMB manual i sent to you? if so, i need you to send it back to me, because i lost mine through a serious mishap with my PC, and i need to ammend some things in it. if not, then thats ok, ill start from scratch.

also im working on a little something to bolster our ranks. all we need now is to find out how many "fleetless" personnel are a part of the BCM community.

again thanks for the promotion, and ill bust ass (R/L permitting) to get this battallion back to specs.

also congrats silky on your promotion

Have been away from the Internet for the past two days due to birthday celebrations (I'm 22 Tuesday - yay!) and good to see the fleet structure posted. If any of you have any ideas on forum useage - recruitment, etc. let me know. I'm hoping all of you have an idea on where the new forum is located as I've spammed several areas of this forum with the link

If you haven't registered on the new forum - get registered so we can maintain a central agency to direct announcements. Thank you. Oh Greg am I still in Sark?

Announcement Page

Greg if I haven't already let me explain how it works so that you can do them also. I need to update my sig

The War Room is active for Staff Officers to have access to. If you can't see it on the Orion Forums you don't have access. If you think you should have access let me know.

Guest Grayfox

i dont have access??? is the war room just for fleet personnel and not marine personnel?

just curious cause i had access to the war room on our last forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, my congratulations to all on their new appointments.

I agree, the Orion Fleet can once again be a force to be reckoned with and to this end, please check out the link on my sig - I've purchased the dot com address back for us and have been working on a site for some time now.

Fear not guys, Orion will be great once more !

Many thanks Greg !

...and thanks to $ilk and Greg for your kind words. I've had a few nasty RL issues in the last few months and these nearly got the better of me.

I am glad to say that they didn't though and so it sure is good to be back !

Cheers 'n Beers !

Yeah I know what you mean about RL issues... search for a thread by me started in October last year and going through December. Lot's of drama to pass around.

• 1 month later...