Alliance Command - Official Announcement

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Incoming Transmission

Attention Orion Fleet Members

It is with regret that I announce the removal of the Orion Fleet leader Greg Miller and his second in command $ilk as ordered by 3000AD HERE for prolonged inactivity within the fleet community.

Until a new Fleet Leader is selected Orion fleet will be under the direct control of the GalCom Alliance, which will begin review of OrionÔÇÖs specialized organizational structure, all archived fleet documents, web presence, and status of each fleet member.

The 3000AD fleets will no longer follow the status quo of inactivity that weÔÇÖve followed the last few years. All fleet members must contribute to the fleet by either RP or MP activity to maintain fleet membership. If you do not have the time or desire to do either please state your resignation here so that you can be removed from the DB and no longer receive any fleet notices by email.

The fleets DB will issue a roll call; any bounced email notices will result in the removal of the member profiles with an invalid email address. Any members that fail to respond to the call to duty will also be removed. All new recruits will be required to attend OrionÔÇÖs fleet Academy to obtain the specialized training needed to be apart of Orion. The Academy will help and guide new members to the community by providing activities for member interaction.

The goals that will be achieved over the next few months are to revise and publish OrionÔÇÖs fleet charter, choose a new fleet leader, update or create a fleet web site, establish a training program.

I look forward to working with Orion to help establish that Orion Fleet meets the requirements to maintain fleet status. The participation of all of the official 3000AD fleets through RP writing, RP forum banter, and MP activity will enhance the experience and enjoyment for the whole fleet community.

If you would like to assist in the revival of Orion fleet please post here, if you want to be removed from Orion please post here also as I stated above. I will post further instructions as the membership review progresses.

That is all!

No problem here. Our fleet is gone anyway except for a single new recruit and the odd "hey guys long time no see" post. Epsilon5, Nova, Blades, anyone who was once familiar to not only Orion but the other fleets as well left.

I felt like I and Greg inherited a ghost town last year - and with both mine and Greg's RL issues that didn't help us get back on the ball either.

I'll gladly help whomever is selected for Orion with materials, etc. I belong out on Patrol in Centris anyway.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

No problem here. Our fleet is gone anyway except for a single new recruit and the odd "hey guys long time no see" post. Epsilon5, Nova, Blades, anyone who was once familiar to not only Orion but the other fleets as well left.

Yeah, the good old days, Blades was an excellent FL and implemented some very good ideas for Orion.

quote:

I felt like I and Greg inherited a ghost town last year - and with both mine and Greg's RL issues that didn't help us get back on the ball either.

It seems that most of the active people of that time from Orion for whatever reason left the community only to post occasionally. Now weÔÇÖll move ahead putting the past behind us and repopulate Orion HQ with new faces.

quote:

I'll gladly help whomever is selected for Orion with materials, etc. I belong out on Patrol in Centris anyway.

Excellent, you'll be the first active member of the Vigilance Battle Group. What materials can you provide for Orion did Blades have a fleet charter for Orion? Please pass along any documents you have on OrionÔÇÖs structure along with the location of OrionÔÇÖs Star Stations and Star Bases from the RP/SP days of the fleets?

Does Orion Fleet currently have a website that provides info about Orion to possible recruits?

Why was this topic moved out of the Orion Fleet forum?

Main website: http://www.orionfleet.com/ - the site owner is Commandant Badger

Bulletin Board: http://s4.invisionfree.com/Orion_Fleet/

Additional information:

[*]The OLD March 2000 Structure

[*]Orion Fleet Handbook - also see that topic's post #4.

[*]And Orion's most recent Fleet structure.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

Why was this topic moved out of the
?

Main website:
- the site owner is

Bulletin Board:

Additional information:

[*]

[*]
- also see that topic's

[*]
And Orion's
Fleet structure.

I was looking for input from Orion Fleet members but thanks none the less.

Guest Remo Williams

Excellent Choice Cadet Twobombs

Your Membership Profile has been updated with the decision you made here. Orion has a long hisory of outstanding RP writers I'm sure you will help carry on that tradition.

I will be creating another topic here shortly so that we can begin your training. First off though why your waiting for your first assignment lets get your forum signature squared away. It should look as follows.

Cadet TwoBombs

GCV-Aurora III, SB Hereford(Tramis-Moon02)

Orion Fleet Training Academy

use the following link to test out your forum signature.

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=29;t=000017

As soon as you see your training topic here in this forum check in and I'll know your ready to begin.

Guest Remo Williams

Sorry to hear that Darien, life is full of twists and turns that can be quite exhausting, but we usually pull through stronger when we recover.

Best wishes, I hope you can return someday.

Hello everyone and thanks for the "heads up" email !

RL gets in the way BIG time for me now and I rarely take the Accentia a crew out for a turn around the quadrant at all these days...

I would like to participate in some form or another, but my recent past performance doesn't say very much for that at all !

Yes, I do own orionfleet.com (and orionfleet.org) and am happy to carry on paying for the web space, as BC has meant a lot to me over the past ten years. I will happily post up any content you folks need - or what ever is required.

A more positive idea, might be for me to issue p/w access for the site to a designated person but I say, I am happy to pay for the upkeep and not just becuase it owes me bigtime from the last shark I rescued it from. (Heh, not Blades! LOL !! He / we lost the site to a registration company who wanted, nay, demanded serious paper to get it back. I am concerned therefore that we should not loose it again.

As for my fleet participation...

In MP - not at all likely, as I only have a 56k at home and little spare time anyhoo.

On forums - (looks heavenwards)... I'd love to be active, but again, I am pressed by RL issues so I cannot see me being anything more than a passing entity...

In general - well, if the above two call for resignation by default, then it'd be a shame but I would understand. Never the less, I will still happily contribute web server / space / time in what ever capacity the Fleet would like me too...

Best wishes and fond regards to you all!

Guest Remo Williams

The link you provided is password protected. LOL!

Anyway I'm going to start your training thread in just a few minutes so you can get started.

For now you will have to use Prime Fleet training material since the Fleet specific train guide I'm making for Orion is still work in progress.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Badger:

Hello everyone and thanks for the "heads up" email !

RL gets in the way BIG time for me now and I rarely take the Accentia a crew out for a turn around the quadrant at all these days...

I would like to participate in some form or another, but my recent past performance doesn't say very much for that at all !

Yes, I do own orionfleet.com (and orionfleet.org) and am happy to carry on paying for the web space, as BC has meant a lot to me over the past ten years. I will happily post up any content you folks need - or what ever is required.

A more positive idea, might be for me to issue p/w access for the site to a designated person but I say, I am happy to pay for the upkeep and not just becuase it owes me bigtime from the last shark I rescued it from. (Heh, not Blades! LOL !! He / we lost the site to a registration company who wanted, nay, demanded serious paper to get it back. I am concerned therefore that we should not loose it again.

As for my fleet participation...

In MP - not at all likely, as I only have a 56k at home and little spare time anyhoo.

On forums -
(looks heavenwards)
... I'd love to be active, but again, I am pressed by RL issues so I cannot see me being anything more than a passing entity...

In general - well, if the above two call for resignation by default, then it'd be a shame but I would understand. Never the less, I will still happily contribute web server / space / time in what ever capacity the Fleet would like me too...

Best wishes and fond regards to you all!

Hello Badger

Since you have the orionfleet.com address that I would like to use we can consider this your contribution to Orion Fleet, and I will make you an honorary member of Orion unless the SC objects. Although I will require that we have access to the website for modification and updates by and active member of Orion Fleet that will be determined at a later date.

If this is ok with you then itÔÇÖs fine by me and will save me the time of setting up a new domain for Orion from scratch.

quote:

The link you provided is password protected.

Actually he provided the log in plus password:

Login:orion

password:fire

Some really nice shots.

It is with great regret that I hereby tender my resignation from the Orion Fleet. I just do not have the RL time needed to put fourth here in Orion at this point.

I really would not mind helping this great fleet arise of the ashes a second time around. But commiting to another tour of duty at this time would not be bennificial to all parties involved.

Remo, I know Orion will be left in good hands, you are one of the Community's best. If you need anything from me, let me know.

Silk & Badger, take care of Orion and help her get back on her feet again and regain her former glory.

Masefield & Wolf, it has been one wild ride, God Speed to both of you.

Until we meet again.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Somewhere we have the "Orion Fleet Handbook" and I have the forum that is linked in my sig somewhere. I'm going to be editing my sig soon anyways, but there was some material there.

Thanks $ilk every little bit helps its going to take some time and effort to rebuild at least there is still some documents around to work from.

BTW have you decided to stay on with Orion and if so which path would you like to follow RP or MP?

quote:

Actually he provided the log in plus password:

Login:orion

password:fire

Some really nice shots.

Good eye there Cc, thanks.

quote:

It is with great regret that I hereby tender my resignation from the Orion Fleet. I just do not have the RL time needed to put fourth here in Orion at this point.

I really would not mind helping this great fleet arise of the ashes a second time around. But commiting to another tour of duty at this time would not be bennificial to all parties involved.

Remo, I know Orion will be left in good hands, you are one of the Community's best. If you need anything from me, let me know.

Silk & Badger, take care of Orion and help her get back on her feet again and regain her former glory.

Masefield & Wolf, it has been one wild ride, God Speed to both of you.

Until we meet again.

I'm not sure what to say here, but that you will be missed. I have very fond memories of some of our activities together, such as our Active Worlds adventures back in early 2000. LOL! that was some crazy building going on back then.

I sure wish RL would have dealt a different hand Greg and you were the driving force behind this revival. I'll do my best to bring Orion back to her former status before a new FL is appointed.

Take care for now I'm sure you'll be back by to say hi.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Hello Badger

Since you have the orionfleet.com address that I would like to use we can consider this your contribution to Orion Fleet, and I will make you an honorary member of Orion unless the SC objects. Although I will require that we have access to the website for modification and updates by and active member of Orion Fleet that will be determined at a later date.

If this is ok with you then itÔÇÖs fine by me and will save me the time of setting up a new domain for Orion from scratch.

Hi Remo.

Thanks my friend!

I will PM you my email address so you can get in touch quickly when needed.

I agree, the site should be maintained by a more active member of the Fleet so please let me know when you have allocated the task, so I can arrange server access.

Best wishes

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Sorry to hear that Darien, life is full of twists and turns that can be quite exhausting, but we usually pull through stronger when we recover.

Best wishes, I hope you can return someday.

Many thanks. I will still check in on the forums/community, been around too long (since the old days) to just drop here entirely. But I just wouldn't have the time to contribute to the MP side of things at the moment.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I'll still be with Orion Fleet, although I'd prefer to be handling the patrols against "New America" down below Centris.

I can do RP/MP both.

Sounds great, you can be a Battle Group Leader when we start sorting out the fleet structure.

quote:

Many thanks. I will still check in on the forums/community, been around too long (since the old days) to just drop here entirely. But I just wouldn't have the time to contribute to the MP side of things at the moment

Hate to see you go why don't you try out the RP aspect of the fleet for awhile. Post a monthly log, talk some smack to the insurgents that sort of thing. If you don't have time though I understand.

Well I still have work (hopefully) to do with/for Derek in the future, so I won't be gone from the forums. My offline time is a mix of dealing with upset relatives, a hysterical wife and the death of my mother in law on 02/Sep from cancer so my life to describe it at the moment, is a living hell.

Since we live so far away from my wife's family we're stuck travelling back and forth quite a bit, this is putting undue stress on everyone involved including me.

As for RP, if there's one person that knows an awful lot about Roleplaying - its me. Since I work in the RPG industry as a professional writer. I used to contribute to the Orion Lounge a long-long time ago but perhaps I can find the time to throw out the odd story or two.

I'll see how things go.