Cadet TwoBombs Academy Training

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Welcome to the Academy, Cadet TwoBombs.

As I've already stated since the Orion Fleet Academy is still a work in progress we will have to use Prime fleet resources to start your training. Although Orion Fleet is a specialized Fleet and will require new material the training you will receive is and excellent start.

To complete your in-processing, make certain you've done the following:

[*]Go to the Academy Website.

[*]Download the Cadet Syllabus and UC Dash-1 Checklist linked in the main window.

[*]Read over both documents and, if possible, print them out (do a test with the checklist to determine if it prints properly).

[*]If you have any questions on what you read, post them here.

Once you've completed the above, post here that you're ready for your first assignment. I will then give you a schedule ... you're expected to complete each mission on or before the scheduled date.

Hi Remo,

Thanks for the time and efford you've put into this endeavour. I'll download and read the document whilst I am away for a holliday to the Karoo in a remote village that might have Internet and even electricity. Kidding about the electricity part.

During that stay i'll also look into the already existing RP to date; it seems to i've got a lot to catch up from the missions to Jupiter in '98.

I'll be reporting back in about two weeks.

Grtnx,

2B

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Cadet, if you have to get to Karoo by plane make sure no one calls you by your forum name at the airport.

Talk to you again in two weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back; having read the developments (and mishaps) from the last 5 years or so, I came to the following conclusion :

- Communication between RP writers of the different fleets should be mandatory. Hoping that the SC and other RP writers *might* like the direction your ego-istic RP is heading towards, at the same time ignoring the messages from other (possible far more experienced players)could've prevented most -if not all- permabanned RP writers and cancellation of subscription by other RP writers.

Sure, people sometimes develop strange ideas along the way, but one very good RP writer left the scene purely by ignoring the warnings by his and other teammates and the SC which actually stood on the background for quite some time. Which brings me to the next item

- After carefull study of the material I found that the RP with the most team efford came out the best by far; and possible even made it to the Game in some form or another... People might or might not agree with that; but I am convinced that good RP is definative a good source for mission scripts.

- Japanese Noodles and South African Biltong mix well as a dish.

Greetings from Tramis,

2Bombs

Hi $ilk, my ping times are waaay to high to have a decent MP session from here (here=RSA) + i'm on a modem !

At my office my ping times are a little bit better and bandwith a bit more; yet I don't want to start an MP session, it's really an hassle.

mind you: I haven't even activated the MP part.

Guest Remo Williams

Good to see you back twobombs are you ready to run through the academy training program yet? Since you are in Orions RP battle group all training missions will be done in SP.

• 2 weeks later...