Tactical Support Wing

Cmdr Ristar

This is an area for all Tactical Support Wing topics. Issues can be voiced and worked on.

Cmdr. Alun Tringad is the Wing Leader of Tactical Support Wing and he also the Vice Fleet Commander.

Cmdr Tringad, I'll give you this space to lay out your ideas for the Wing.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

Alun,

Yeah a topic all for you. I thought that it would keep things a little more simplified if each wing had an area to deal with specific issues and then once they were worked out if the entire fleet needed issues we could work them out in a fleet forum.

Anyway, read through the role play topic and post what you think.

I'd like all the ISS fleet to get involved in a role play. I'd like to do an off shoot of the Mole Hunt role play.

Anyway, you can read through it on the RP topic.

I posted a topic for the ISS Fleet web page, because I know you have been running it and I know Dilvorn and Jamont have expressed interest in helping and had some ideas so I thought you three could get together and work some things out.

Good to have you back and I'm glad things at home have worked out.

------------------

I'm glad to be back, guys!

All Tactical Support Wing members:

I will be assigning all Commanders in my Wing to the "Support" role, unless you want a different one. If so, let me know!

Please no off-the-wall assignments such as "Covert Ops" or "Intel": We are the Tactical Support Wing, not Intel & Espionage! smile.gif I'm the only one who's permitted to go on stupid, hare-brained, suicidal, no-chance-of-succeeding spy missions biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Tactical Support Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home

HMMM, I am wondering what spy mission you were refering to. I still feel guilty for sending you on that mission, as now you are hated by the Insurgents so much.

Anyway, I just got an email from Pedro Mota. He is still active and I sent him the link to the fleet database so we might see him up on the database soon.

------------------

Alun,

Also, I changed Daniel back to Tactical Support, so he's with you now.

------------------

I was referring to my suicide spy mission into the Insurgent organization. I don't know if you were around then, but it was a blast smile.gif It got the Insurgents plenty ticked off smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

ISS Fleet Home

I think that was way before his time, about 2 years ago or a little more.

That was a great mission and a great role playing effort. I remember it well. I think the Insurgents are too crafty and wiser now.

------------------

The First Gammulan War was in Dec of '98. I had just made this user. I was going by Alun up until right before it started.

I still have copys of all the emails I sent you, reports and such. Even the email where you told me to go ahead and do it smile.gif"><P>I------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

ISS Fleet / CIOPS Homepage

Yeah go ahead and forward them to me. I'll complile them and put them into maybe a story we can put on the web site about the event.

------------------

Ok, I'll do that tomorrow (there are a lot).

I just realized something though:

We need wings for fighter pilots and marines! Just like Tac did with Wraith.

My proposed names:

Fighter:

77th Tactical Fighter Wing (ISS)

Marine:

82nd Space Marine Battalion (Support)

We need these, as pilot and marine are now career choices! Lemme know what you think.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

Maybe we should try and fill the wings that we already have before we go and creat new ones. biggrin.gif

Besides, there is no reason why marines and fighters can't be assigned to the wings we currently have. For example:

77th Tactical Fighter Division could be attached to the Tactical Support Wing and be used in situations where additional backup is required, such as when a group of BCs is under attack by a wave of fighters.

82nd Space Marine Battalion could be assigned to the Defense Wing and be used in a planetary defense role and be responsible for such things as base security etc etc.

These are just examples and not actual recommendations or anything.

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

Defense Wing Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

I will post the list of marine units that DeSylva and I came up with, we can break them up into each wing. Many of them were to guard the ISS Fleet Academy base.

I did a drawing of it a long time ago. I'll see if I can get the plans I did and send them to Alun or whomever to put them up on the website and you can see the plan. That was one of the first things I did after DeSylva formed ISS and I was asked to join.

------------------

I created a 77th Tactical Fighter Wing on the Database. I will probably do the same for maybe 2 different marine battalions. One for covert operations and one space marine battalion. That way we can have a direct assignment to a unit if we get people that want specific fighter careers or marine careers.

These fighter and marine units ARE NOT official wings, they will be assigned under a wing, but we have given them a specific wing name on the database so that we can assign them directly to a unit and we can see immediately what unit they will are assigned for mission planning,etc.

I don't know if pilots will have the rank of commander, I will need to find out from Derek, I will send him an email and ask him. I will let you know about that when I hear from him.

------------------

I just got an email back from Derek on the Pilot rank situation. Here is what he gave to me so follow these guidlines and pass this information around I'll post it under the ISS Fleet topic for official use. These are the ranks used in each of the various career paths.

COMMANDER

Commander

Fleet Commander

Strategic Commander

Tacops Commander

Supreme Commander

MARINE (Infantry or Elite Force)

Private

Lance Corporal

Corporal

Sergeant

Command Sergeant

PILOT (Planetary Support or Elite Force)

Ensign

Lieutenant

Major

LT. Commander

Commander

Those are the ranks.

Alun, I will expect you to "train" your brother, because after 1 month he is going to be promoted to Major. I know he is listed as Commander now, but I want to give him some room to grow in experience and rank, and I can't have a Lieutenant or lower commanding the 77th. So get him up to speed on how things work and on October 15th, I will promote him, as of right now he is the rank of Lieutenant. His sig should be:

Lieutenant Ryan Parker

S24 Raven Pilot, ISSHQ (Saturn)

77th Tactical Fighter Squadron - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home Page

Lt. Parker, once you have finished your training you will be given command of the Fighter Squadron, and we can discuss the types of aircraft within the Squadron.

Let me know if there are any problems.

------------------

Lt. Parker,

I would also like for you to start thinking up a logo for the 77th. Alun, can help you with what might be appropriate and he can show you what designs have been established for the other fleets.

------------------

Lt. Parker will start posting as soon as he gains posting rights. Right now all he can do is view posts.

This is a new thing that Derek started. I don't know how long until he get's to post.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad