ISS FLEET

Cmdr Ristar

The ISS Fleet was formed to support GALCOMÔÇÖs policies in the areas of Tactical Support, Defense of GALCOM and itÔÇÖs allies space. The ISS provides additional support to all systems outside of Earth Space in the areas of: Espionage, Intelligence gathering and analysis, Counter-Intelligence, Counter-Insurgency, and Interrogation of Prisoners.

The ISS serves GALCOM in 3 major roles:

1. To provide a home guard defense and early warning network for GALCOM and itÔÇÖs allied nations.

2. To act as an umbrella group for support vessels and those with special roles, such as minesweepers, medical evacuation vessels, research and development, etc.

3. To provide intelligence, counter-intelligence, espionage, counter-insurgency, and interrogation information to GALCOM pertaining to all systems outside of Earth Space.

All matters within Earth space are left to the command of EarthCOM and SCID.

To reflect these roles, ISS Fleet has been restructured. The restructuring was performed for two reasons. The first was to bring itÔÇÖs structure into line with the other GALCOM fleets. The other was to trim and redefine the role of each Wing.

ISS Fleet consists of 4 specialized Wings, each lead by a Wing Commander. ISS Fleet is lead by a member of the ISS holding the rank of Fleet Commander. The current ISS Fleet Commander is Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar.

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar was born on Saturn, father was Terran, mother was Saturnian. He went to Khantze Military Intelligence Academy and then was commissioned into the Orbital Marines where he was decorated for valor. He attended GALCOM Academy where he met his future wife, Heather. He was decorated once again for his heroism on his second cadet cruise at the academy for saving the ship and crew from a hostile attack by Gammulan forces. He then served as the Chief Engineer, along with his wife as the Flight Officer, aboard the GCV Journeyman with Commander DeSylva and his wife, Emma. Jeehun and Heather were then transferred to the GAD Usagi commanded by then Commander Londono's. There Fleet Cmdr. Ristar distinguished himself at the Incident at the Jovian System and was recommended by Commander Londono for his own command. He was then promoted to Commander and attended the GALCOM AcademyÔÇÖs Command and Warfare College in preparation for command. Upon graduation he was given command of the GCV Shogun. He participated in Operation Poison Arrow. He then planned and led Operation Dragon Eyes, an intelligence and espionage operation strike into enemy territory, which was a tactical and strategic success. The success of this mission established Commander Ristar high within the Intelligence community. His long time friend Commander Gareth DeSylva asked him to join the newly created ISS Fleet as the Intelligence and Espionage Wing Commander along with his friend and former commander, Commander Daniel Londono. During the First Gammulan War, Fleet Cmdr. Ristar is nominated for a Commander's Shield for his actions during the Battle for Neptune. Fleet Cmdr. Ristar became ISS Fleet Commander after Fleet Commander DeSylva had to step down due to personal reasons. Fleet Cmdr. Ristar became the CO of Renegade, ISS Fleets Space Station in orbit around the Saturn moon of Titan, which is HQ for the ISS Fleet.

The Second-in-Command of ISS Fleet is known as the ISS Vice Fleet Commander, holds the rank of Commander, and is responsible for assuming roles as Fleet Commander when the Fleet Commander must attend to other matters within GALCOM or within the ISS itself. The current ISS Vice Fleet Commander is Cmdr. Alun Tringad.

Cmdr. Tringad was born May 24th, 2976, in Washington DC, Earth, Sol. Joined GALCOM at the age of 18. Was known as a class clown at the academy but graduated at the top of his class. Father was Commander of the GCV Discovery. Mother was a teacher. Now, they are both retired living in Scotland. Was used to the prices of war at an early age. In May 2997 Cmdr. Tringad completes GALCOM Academy and is assigned to the GCV FlashFire as its Tactical Officer. In September 2999, after two years of serving under Commander John Anderson, on the GCV FlashFire, he gains his first command, the GCV Black Falcon. In February 3000, the GCV Black Falcon assigned to ISS Fleet Tactical Support Wing. During that same year Cmdr Tringad goes under-cover into the Insurgent organization. Cmdr Tringad is found to be a spy by Insurgent One himself. Tringad is returned to GALCOM just as the First Gammulan War starts. Tringad participates in the First Gammulan War, and is nominated for an Award for Gallantry, and is awarded promotion to ISS Fleet Tactical Support Wing Commander. Cmdr. Tringad was named ISS Vice Fleet Commander upon the resignation of Fleet Commander DeSylva due to personal reasons. Cmdr Tringad was named CO For the ISS Fleet Mars Regional Support & Command Facility, the ISS FleetÔÇÖs main Star Base on Mars.

The ISS Fleet is composed of 4 specialized wings. Each Wing is commanded by a Wing Commander holding the rank of Commander.

The ISS has a counter-intelligence, counter-insurgency, and interrogation wing known as CIOPS(pronounced psyops) which is an acronym for Central Intelligence OperationS. CIOPS main responsibility is to infiltrate all enemies of GALCOM through counter-intelligence/counter-insurgency means. It has jurisdiction of all systems outside of Earth space, which is left to EarthCOM and SCID(CIOPS' EarthCOM equivalent). This Wing is commanded by Cmdr. Cody Bader.

Cmdr Bader was born on 6 December 2971, in Kellner, Ramus Province, Mars. He has a notable scar on his left temple. Cmdr Bader graduated 7th highest from New Caledonia Elite Higher School in 2982. Recruited by Mars Orbital Space Flotilla in 2984, promoted to Senior Lieutenant and released from active service 2987. Joined GALCOM Academy on Mars the following year, intent on a command position. Cmdr. Bader graduated 9th highest from his Academy class in 2993. He was stationed aboard the GCV Solaris as itÔÇÖs Combat Officer from 2994-2997. He Promoted to Lt. Commander 2998, put on ship 'waiting list', and served the remaining time on GCV Kavis Teki as itÔÇÖs Tactical Officer until 2999 when he was promoted to Commander and named as CO of GCV Minos Corva on 17 Nov 2999. The GCV Minos Corva was made flagship of the 7th Marine Orbital Assault Battalion on 3 Feb 3000. He joined the ISS Fleet in March 3000. He served in the Tactical Support Wing under Cmdr. Tringad, and has been recently selected to head CIOPS Wing. Cmdr Bader was named Commanding Officer of Luna Gloria, ISS FleetÔÇÖs Starbase on the Moon around Earth orbit, which is the HQ for CIOPS Wing.

ISS Fleet also has a Defense Wing which is commanded by a Wing Commander, holding the rank of Commander. Defense Wing is tasked with the defense of all GALCOM space, outside of Earth space, along with itÔÇÖs allied nations. It will act as a supplement to Prime Fleet. Defense Wing is currently commanded by Cmdr. Josh Dilvorn.

Josh Dilvorn was born on a winters day in Australia, Earth, in 2974. His father, an agricultural engineer and his mother, a medical instruments technician noticed from a very young age that their son was going places in his life. His rapid advancement through high school did not go unnoticed and soon after his graduation, Dilvorn was awarded an honorary placement in one of Earth's best universities, the Astronomical Engineering Institute in Munich. From here Dilvorn graduated in the top five percent of his class. But his heart wasn't in it. He was had reckless soul and needed to find something to tame his wild heart. At the age of 22, in the year 2996, Dilvorn traveled to Mars where he applied for a position in a private security training facility for a large Mars corporation. Here he developed skills in several forms of combat, tactical operations and area defense. Being a fast learner it was not long before Dilvorn was promoted through the ranks and by 3000 was a section chief for the corporationÔÇÖs security fleet where he was responsible for more than 100 men. It was later that year that Dilvorn learned that his parents had been killed during an Insurgents attack on a EarthCOM research facility. There was nothing he could do, he felt helpless and vowed that he would someday avenge the murder of his parents. This lead to him enlisting in the GALCOM Officer's Academy. Dilvorn graduates from the Academy with honours in 3002 and is posted as Tactical Officer aboard GCV Eclipse, a Constellation class battle cruiser charged with top secret reconnaissance missions. Shortly after returning from a six month mission, Dilvorn is nominated for an Award for Gallantry and is recommended for his own command position. The events that led to this recommendation are still classified by GALCOM to this day. Soon after Dilvorn is given his first ship, the GCV Astound. Fifteen months later, while returning to GALCOM HQ for a refit, the Astound comes across a convoy of Vesperon transports which had come under attack by Insurgent forces. Even though the odds were in favor of the attackers, Dilvorn threw his ship into the line of fire, drawing attention away from the convoy. Eventually, the Astound managed to overcome the Insurgent fighters, destroying 8 and critically damaging the rest. But tragically, GCV Astound received major damage herself, and the nuclear reactor was minutes away from a core breech. Dilvorn ordered an immediate evacuation. The last shuttle was just clear of the Astound as she exploded in a spectacular firestorm. Following this, Commander Josh Dilvorn was court-marshaled and later cleared of any wrong-doing and immediately given his next command, the GCV Conquest. He requested that his crew from the Astound be transferred to the Conquest, this request was granted. In 3003 Cmdr. Dilvorn joined the ISS Fleet, and shortly after, due to his courage and valor in combat was given a promotion to Defense Wing Commander, and named the Commanding officer of ISS Fleet-MZ-Beta, ISS FleetÔÇÖs Mission Zone Starbase on Mars, which is the HQ for Defense Wing.

ISS FleetÔÇÖs Tactical Support Wing is commanded by a Wing Commander, holding the rank of Commander. Tactical Support Wing is responsible for all mission support for all GALCOM or EarthCOM Fleets. Some of the uses for Tactical Support Wing are mine-laying and mine sweeping, medical evacuation, or demolitions. This Wing has jurisdiction in any system known to GALCOM and EarthCOM. This Wing is currently commanded by Cmdr. Alun Tringad, the ISS Vice Fleet Commander.

ISS FleetÔÇÖs Intelligence and Espionage Wing Commander is commanded by a Wing Commander, holding the rank of Commander. Intel and Espionage wing is responsible for all intelligence collection and analysis gathered in all systems known to GALCOM outside of Earth space. This information is used by all GALCOM fleets for mission planning or for diplomatic or military foreign and domestic policies. The current commander of the Intelligence and Espionage Wing is Cmdr.Jamont. The current history of Cmdr.Jamont is classified.

The Fleet Commander is aided by his Adjutant. The Adjutant to the Fleet Commander responsibilities are to brief the Fleet Cmdr on all missions going on within ISS and in other GALCOM fleets, all current campaigns being undertaken by the ISS and other GALCOM fleets, and to schedule his meetings with ISS Wing Commanders or other GALCOM officials. The current Adjutant to the Fleet Commander is Cmdr. Ben Zwycky. Cmdr. Zwycky is a ÔÇ£Jack of all TradesÔÇØ in the ISS Fleet, as of now he also holds the responsibility of the ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer. He is in charge of all recruiting efforts within the ISS. Cmdr. Zwycky has recently been named the Director of the Training and Administration Directorate of CIOPS. His duties include the training of all CIOPS and ISS personnel. He is the Commandant of the ISS Fleet Academy, where all the CIOPS and ISS personnel are trained.

-------------------------------------------

This bulletin is provided to give an overview of the function of the ISS Fleet and CIOPS. If any changes need to be made to it please post a reply to this and call out the changes or additions to be made. If anything is incorrect or outdated please follow the same procedure of posting it here.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

Commander Jamont here..

Fleet leader Intel wing requests more personel can you comply with this..

Also in the fleetdatabase i would love to see my launch base as secret for the other fleets for iss it's know.

(sorry for my big sig but thats being worked on)

------------------

Cmdr.Jamont

GVC Prophecy IV ,ISS

Wing Cmdr.Intel&Espionage

isswing.gif

[This message has been edited by Commander Jamont (edited 09-14-2000).]

Cmdr. Jamont

As soon as I can get the personnel to report in that we have on the roster, I will start assigning them to their respective wings. I have sent emails out to all the personnel in the fleet that have not responded in a while to see what their status is. I am awaiting their replies

Also, I created some topic headings for all the wings, so any issues dealing with your respective wing, place there.

------------------

I am taking final critique of the document above, if not I'll take it as final.

As we go through the role playing I will update each one of your accomplishments and maybe we can set up a Topic to list histories of each commander. Anyway let me know what you think of the text above.

------------------

Look pretty good from where I am sitting boss!

Also, just a request for an opinion, my bio was written when I was new to the BC world and reading over it now it looks as though it's showing up the Insurgents as the only bad guys. First the attack on the EarthCOM institute and then the attack on the freighter convoy.

What I was trying to do was establish Josh's strong negative feelings toward the Insurgents, but maybe the freigher convoy attack could be by the Gamms instead.. what do you guys think?

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

Defense Wing Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

Looks good the way it is. The Gamms are little animated sprites, but the Insurgents are REAL flesh and blood: The only REAL enemies smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Tactical Support Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home

LOL Alun, "animate sprites" I love it. biggrin.gif

I would leave it as so, and if you want to write up some actions against the Gammulans, please feel free and I'll add it to the text.

------------------

hey boss,

the fleet info looks good. i guess i have to get busy now and find an identity to go with the name. i kinda like the mysterious person aspect, but would like feed back on how i should approach this. though i have played for over a year now, i am new to all of this here.

thanks ahead for any input

------------------

Well, you can stay as mysterious as you would like in the role playing sense, but I guess for fleet info we would need to know about your alter ego. You could explore the mysterious nature of your command alter ego in role playing. You can give us your name, etc, but all the history you can work through in role play and we could learn about your character that way.

You could come up with a name for your character to use in your sig. Like, Cmdr. Ryan Morgan, or Cmdr.Morgan Smith, or something like that.

------------------

I would like every one to welcome Cmdr. Tringad's real life brother to the ISS Fleet. He was added today and will be serving in the 77th Tactical Fighter Wing (ISS) as he has chose as a career as an Elite Force Pilot. His name is Cmdr. Ryan Parker, real name of Michael Ramsey.

On this note, I would like each wing to create 2 fighter units within their Wing. These are for role playing purposes and if people like Cmdr. Ryan choose different career paths than that of Commander, we will have a place to put them. Right now, Tactical Support has 77th Tactical Fighter Wing, and the 82nd Space Marine Battalion (Support).

I have a list that DeSylva and I did a long time ago for the ISS Fleet and it's marine units. I will post it. We may need every wing to add a marine battalion, but let me find that list first.

I want each wing to post their fighter units name on their Wing Topic area. You can come up with a unit nickname like 77th Tactical Fighter Wing (ISS), "Black Knights"

you can use your imagination, but lets stay with official unit designation first.

Some options for names could be

## Tactical Fighter Wing

## Special Operations Fighter Wing

## Surveillance Fighter Wing

along those lines, give a rough idea in the first part of what that unit's mission is.

------------------

Oh yes,

Be aware that different unit types will have different types of ships. Not all fighter wings will have heavy fighters, if it is surveillance, the will need quick light fighters.

Each Wing will have a true fighter wing and a wing specific to it's wing mission.

Like Intel & Espionage, could have a Tactical Fighter wing for support and protection and this wing is where it's fighters for it's battlecruiser come from. And they would have a Special Operations Fighter Wing to act as support for any special operations.

We may need to extend the number of fighter wings, but for now let's do 2 per ISS Fleet Wing.

------------------

Welcome Commander Parker.

Hope you get a good life with us ISS jocks smile.gif

And for a 2 fighter wings under Intel

How about:

1. Phantom support wing

2. Shadow 135th spy battilion or so?

What do you think about it?

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

I just got an email back from Derek on the Pilot rank situation. Here is what he gave to me so follow these guidlines and pass this information around. These are the ranks used in each of the various career paths.

COMMANDER

Commander

Fleet Commander

Strategic Commander

Tacops Commander

Supreme Commander

MARINE (Infantry or Elite Force)

Private

Lance Corporal

Corporal

Sergeant

Command Sergeant

PILOT (Planetary Support or Elite Force)

Ensign

Lieutenant

Major

LT. Commander

Commander

Those are the ranks.

Cmdr Jamont, those should be fine but make the "Shadow" part of the name the nickname of the unit. Give it a number designation like 123rd Special Operations Squadron, "The Shadows" or something like that. A fighter squadron wouldn't really be a spy unit, a marine unit would, but don't do any marine units now until I can find that list of marine units DeSylva and I came up with, we can use that, and if we need more then we can create some. Once I find that list, I will divide them up between each Wing, and then the Wing Leader can create nicknames for them.

Just come up with Fighter squadrons right now. I will only create 1 or 2 extra Squadrons on the database for people to be assigned. 2 Fighter squadrons (1 special operations and 1 Tactical group.) and 2 marine battalions (1 infantry and 1 special operations) That way when we get people that want to be a pilot or marine can get assigned directly to a unit and their database profile will show the unit they belong to.

------------------

I was wondering any of you who created some of the Wing logos, could you work on a ISS Fleet Command Logo. I would like to use that for mine since I really don't belong to a wing. I don't have the time to really sit down and design one, and the programs I have it might take a bit and it won't translate well to a .jpg or .gif. Let me know what you can come up with if you don't mind working on it for me.

------------------

I am sorry for the delay in responding to things. I have been very ill since this past Saturday, and I am trying to get online when I feel up to it. I am feeling better today, but I'll probably leave work early again. Anyway, that is why I have been slow to respond to things.

------------------

Alun,

About the logo for the ISS Command Section, I am not sure what I am exactly looking for. Something like a command staff look about it. Athoritative. Commanding. I don't know if that helps. I know the Navy has a badge that is usually worn by officers I believe when they attend an upper level command school. It has a star with a wreath in a semi-circle along the bottom of the star. Rattler if you read this, maybe you can tell more about it.

I was thinking of something like that with "ISS Fleet Command Staff" written somehow around it.

I'll leave it up to you Alun. To answer your question quickly, I'm not really sure, I guess I would need to sit down and think about it in depth. If you want to come up with something and we can work on it, and I'll try and come up with a sketch and we can compare it.

------------------