ISS FLEET LOG FILES

COMMANDERS LOG: JEROLD KEENAN

GCV MYRMIDON, ISS FLEET, CIOPS

TIME: 9:43:29 28/11/10

Ship Status:

Shields: 100%

Hull: 57%

Condition: Yellow

Jerold Keenan sat firmly in his chair inside the bridge of the GCV-Myrmidon. Around him the command staff and systems engineers worked to restore the ship to maximum efficiency.

"Ensign Anderson, send a transmission to the Prophecy IV. Inform them we're going after the alien beacon without them. Also, with the transmission send the data we collected on the Hyperjump portal created by the beacon... they may be able to follow us." Ordered commander Keenan.

"Yes, sir." Replied the young ensign. Keenan turned his gaze back towards his command console and sent a transmission to Nathan Shaddox's Gamma lance outside the ship. Ordering them to return to the ship and get some rest.

Later, Jerold Keenan and the rest of the command staff were readying themselves before they engaged the Hyperjump portal. After a few more moments of calculation they were ready.

"Lieutenant Commander Henry, engage the hyperjump portal!" Commanded Jerold Keenan.

"Yes, sir, hymperjump activation commensing. The stable portal should appear in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." A defeaning noise cut off half of the last number as the ship was pulled in my the gravitational fields generated by the massive portal. The GCV-Myrmidon actually began to stretch as it entered the collossal gate. After the Myrmidon entered the portal, the energy vortex began to close behind it. Pure energy began dispersing throughout the area until nothing remained of the portal.

END OF TRANSMISSION

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Heh...

I...er...forgot to check whether there was a limit on the size of log files posted in the Fleet DB.

And of course, there is...*aaargh!*

So I rescind my last order. All log files are to be posted in this forum, as they originally were.

Thanks!

-GD

well here goes with my first log...

[rp]

COMMANDERS LOG: Reiner von Schaffen

GCV Orpheus, ISS FLEET, Destrier Wing

TIME: 14:30:25 06/12/10

Ship Status:

Hull: 100%

Condition: Green

---START ENTRY---

It's been a rough month. At the beginning of it I was a Flight Leader on the Orpheus, now I'm the Commander.

I was pleased to see the Orpheus again 2 weeks ago, I thought I'd never see her after Mars. I've been on O.P. all week. There is nothing more tiring than a week of Offensive Patrols. The old bird pulled through though, We got 2 Insurgent cruisers, 3 fighters and 2 Gammulan scouts. The Gammulans worry me, they've been jacking up their operations in this sector. I think another war is coming.

I remember how brutal they were back on Alpha Cygni/LV103. I'll never forget. Now as a Galcom officer I'll do my part to ensure Alpha Cygni never happens again.

---END ENTRY---

[/rp]

well there's my log!

EFPS LOG: Nathan Shaddox

Interceptor Mk. 2, 41st EFS, ISS Fleet

TIME: 09:20:12 28/11/10

Ship Status:

Commander Keenan has ordered Gamma lance to scout the region. We've entered a nebula, its almost beutiful... except for the Ion storms throughout it. Damn it's hard to see... Gamma 4 60 metres behind me says he can't see me anymore. Sensors are screwed, can barely read the rest of the lance... its a good thing we know the Myrmidon's directly behind us or we'd never get back...

END OF TRANSMISSION

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Commanders Personal Log:

Date: October 24 3010

Ship Status: Under Construction

Ship Construction is almost complete. The docking bays are Finished. The engineers estimate that the Scorpius will be ready for her Shake down cruise in approximately 1 more week. They are having a few problems with the Main Computer systems. The technicians say new RAM(Whatever that means)is on order. Hopefully they will get everything worked out BEFORE we take her out for the first time. It is such an Honor to be given a brand New ship for my first command. The crew should be arriving in the week also. I have been told they are to be a mixture of both New and Experienced members. Oh, great... The engineers are reporting ANOTHER Problem...

END OF FILE

[rp]

4/01/01

Commander Urza's Personal Log

The Weatherlight is still sitting in spacedock being built. It is such an honor commanding a brand new carrier.

The station's engineers predict the ship won't be ready for another week, at least, so I've decided to come aboard and give my engineers a hand. Back when I was a chief engineer, I used to fiddle with all sorts of mechanical thingys, sometimes finding new ways to fix a reactor, and other times getting yelled at after accidently cutting the power to the cloaking device.

Ah, memories. Maybe I'm doing this just to bring back old memories. Maybe I just want to help. Maybe I'm losing my mind. Oh well, my engineer is at least as competent as I was back in the day.

End log.

[/rp]

Not bad for a first time...

COMMANDERS LOG: Jacen Shardik

GCV IMARA, Destrier Wing, ISS FLEET

TIME: 12:55 28/11/10

Ship Status:

Awaiting Preflight Inspection

I put myself and the command crew through a few simulations while the Imara's getting a few new optimizations put in. Lets hope she'll be ship shape by next week.

The simulation scoring was adequate, but the execution was sloppy. A few more days worth should prepare all of us, I have no wish to embarass myself to Destrier Wing Commander Epsilon 5.

Personal Note: Making a good impression on the other fleets is extremely important right now. As it stands Orion and Prime don't have a whole lot of respect for ISS. It reminds me of playing football as a child. The offense never respected the goalkeeper and his defense. At least, not until the ball got past them. A lot of games get decided based on the skill of the Goalkeeper. A weak defense loses the game.

Commander Shardik out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COMMANDERS LOG: JEROLD KEENAN

UCV-CASSIOPEIA'S (Unmarked Transport), ISS FLEET, INTELCOM, FLIGHT GROUP CHIMAERA

TIME: 6:09:34 27/05/16

Ship Status:

Shields: 74%

Hull: 84%

We have just finished extracting our operative from Gammulan space, we took light damage. Fortunatly for us, our Gammulan operative placed a remote explosive in the missile racks of one of the docked stormcarriers at Gammulan HQ, they'll be repairing that docking bay for weeks *grin*.

Anyway, in the confusion the operative managed to get out in a shuttlecraft, I sent another shuttle to meet him halfway, dock with him and take him back. Unfortunaly, some of the patroling ships caught wind of the shuttles and came rampaging. God, if not for the damn cloak they installed in this baby, we'd all probably be mince-meat. Anyway, we've got the operative and we're heading to Intel HQ on Earth for Debriefing and payment.

God, why do Gammulan spys have to cost so friggin much?

END OF LOG

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Commander Name: Jacen Shardik

Asset: GCV-Imara

ISS FLEET, Destrier Wing

TIME: 23/11/3014

Ship Status:

Shields: 67%

The maiden voyage of the Imara was a success. The time spend in the training simulators paid off for myself and my crew, weapons tests and support craft maneuvers were completed without incident.

PERSONAL NOTE:I'm happy to see that the Debris field near Earth has finally been cleaned up. I like an unobstructed view of the stars.

Jumped to Jupiter's Resupply station in response to a distress call. Jumped in to find an Insurgent Megaron Heavy Carrier was launching fighters and missiles at the station.

I am pleased to note that the crew performed admirably against this very real threat. The Megaron was quickly destroyed, and the two surviving interceptors were driven back through a flux.

A shuttle of Insurgent soldiers gained entry to the Imara, but the marine teams quickly dispatched them. Unfortunatly no prisoners were to be had, but they were eliminated before causing damage to crew or ship.

Heading now to Alpha Centauri to perform further tests and begin patrolling, as per my orders.

[rp]

Commander Name: Reiner von Schaffen

Asset: GCV-[unnammed]

ISS FLEET, Pegasus Wing

TIME: 24/11/3014

Ship Status:

-START LOG-

This waiting is so fustrating! I'ts been a busy month, a promotion and transfer and a new ship. The crew and I have been running diagnostics and simulations on the new systems. I can't wait to get out there! All the new commanders have their ships and are out on OP's already and I'm stuck here doing engineer work.

The Firestorm is a beauty though, the perks of promotion! A new ship needs a new name and she'll get one as soon as I can think of something appropiate. Hopefully we'll launck next week, so till then it's back to the simulator.

-END LOG-

[rp]

Deploying GCV-Vindar to your location under cover of cloak to provide SysEngs and parts to get the Prohpecy-IV running again.

[/RP]

Hell, we don't want it to become the Prophecy-V, do we? *grin*.

[rp]

Commander Urza personal log

Ship Status:

The maiden cruise of my brand new Firestorm is complete! That successful mining op also gave me enough money to max out my upgrades. Assuming the computer is correct, I now have over 17500 hull points! This ship is better than I imagined. I'm planning an assualt on the Pixan station to test the mettle of me, my ship, and my crew.

Unfortunately, some hostiles beamed over, killed five marines, and damaged a few non-essential systems.

[/rp]

[rp]

Commander DeVaal personal log

Ship Status:

Shields: 0%

Condition: Docked(AGAIN).

The Scorpius was finally completed, her Commissioning ceremony was something I shall remember for the rest of my life. Unfortunatly the shake down cruise was something I shall remember for the rest of my life as well. While docked all systems checked out. So we launched from HQ. First problem: The shields would not raise. Ok, some thing to look at, hmmm what's this, weapons systems are offline also. Then the Engines died. 2 minutes later, the Main computer crashed. The reactor suddenly shut-down. WE HAD TO BE TOWED BACK TO BASE ON OUR MAIDEN VOYAGE! Talk about embarrassing. I just hope none of my Classmates from the Academy find out about this one. My CE tells me the Main computer is Unrecoverable. New parts should be on Order soon.

END LOG

quote:

You know we're sitting on 4 million Pounds of fuel, 1 nuclear weapon, and a thing that has 270 thousand moving parts, built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good doesn't it?

Commander Name: Reiner von Schaffen

Asset: GCV-Shaka

ISS FLEET, Pegasus Wing

TIME: 24/11/3014

Ship Status:

SUPPLEMENTAL

-START LOG-

Decided on a new name, Found it while browsing the HQ databanks. Shaka Zulu was a famous warrior in 18th century African history. A fitting name.

We've been getting reports that Commander Jamont is in trouble. Dammit! I wish I could do something! This infernal waiting is getting to me.

-END LOG-