ISS Fleet Website Goes Live!

Attention all ISS Fleet members!

Your fleet website is now online and live!

All fleet members should be familiar with the website. I expect to see regular posts in the ISS forum from all active commanders, and hope to run into some of you on irc.galaxynet.org, #galcom. I need all fleet members to email me at [email protected] with links to homepages or pother pages they would like included on the links page.

Starting immediately, the old Log Rule has been reimplemented to help maintain contact between our members. All ISS fleet members will be required to submit a Log Entry for their character at least once a month. Feel free to post more often. Such Log Entries can be as short or as long as you wish, and you may wish to include your personal thoughts regarding any RP threads you may be involved in. All Log Files should also be DATED (and by this, I mean Battlecruiser Roleplaying dates). Log files should be posted in the ISS FLEET LOG FILES section in the ISS Fleet forum.

I am also instigating a Point system for the fleet. All fleet members have the capacity to earn points. Every post to this forum earns one point. Every multiplayer kill will earn one point when multiplayer comes out. Fleet Command can award bonus killpoints or bonus rp-points for outstanding performance in either multiplayer or forum. Fleet members in high ranking positions will earn a multiplier depending on their level of responsiblity and their work. Points will eventually be redeemable for bonuses, although these have yet to be decided. Current point score will be shown in brackets next to your commander entry in the Fleet Members section of the website. It is YOUR responsibility to maintain your point score! If you have made new posts to the forum, and you want these included in your tally, you need to forward me a thread confirming the number of posts you have made. The same with MP - iof you want kills added to your tally, you need to forward me a copy of your db file with the kills included. Senior fleet members who wish to recommend players for bonuses should email me with their recommendations.

Your responsiblity, for now, is recruitment. We need both RP'ers and MP'ers to swell our ranks and ensure our survival when BC:M is released and the multiplayer frenzy starts. Get on it, people!

DeSylva

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Morgan

cmdr,

i do not like the ensign ranking i have on here and would very much like to get commissioned to cmdr, just don't know how to do it. would like to find out. also am starting a log this weekend that is the beginnings of a hopefully good story. will need help timeline wise to make it coincide where is should. and finally need to make a background for my avatar. know what i see in my head but again will need help to make it right. would appreciate any help i can get and would like to know how to become CSO of my area.

talk to you soon

quote:

Originally posted by Morgan:

cmdr DeSylva,

last post was intended for you. so is this one. have checked in on fleet website and love it. thanks!!

Glad you like it.

As far as your "Ensign" designation on this board is concerned, that is out of my hands - when you make mroe than 50 posts (I think) you are upgraded to Commander. This has no bearing on your "RP" rank. All people joining the ISS start with the rank of Commander or it's equivalent for the Pilot or Marine careers.

As far as the timeline for your character is concerned, check out the timeline in the ISS Databank, on the website - this is fairly comprehensive. Remember that GalcOM has only existed since 2993 - if your character was in the military before that, he was a member of Earth Command, who resigned his commission to join GalCOM. Email me with your ideas and I'd be happy to help youy formulate them.

As far as becoming CSO of your area is concerned, once I've seen a few log entries, I'll consider it. Command positions in this fleet go to those who contribute, so once I have seen your contributions - I'll put you under consideration for a ranking position.

Thanks for posting, Morgan - it gets awfully quiet here sometimes! *grin*.