ISS Fleet Amnesty

To all fleet members!

This are your last days of amnesty. Log files are due from all members! The following members are exempted...

Jeehun Ristar (currently on shore leave)

Alun Tringad (currently on special operations)

Commander Cody Bader (I am currently discussing the future of his position)

Jerold Keenan (Due to posting multiple log files last month)

Nick Jamont (Due to posting multiple log files last month)

Ben Zwycky (who is MIA, I presume he doesn't currently have net access?? Anyone know how to contact him???)

Mikel "Defcon" Nimitz (Due to his participation in the "Into The Fire" RP thread).

However, I still required log files from all other fleet members. These include Josh Dilvorn and Major Ryan Parker.

The following fleet members, due to their long standing silence and failure to respond to multiple messages to btho mailing lists and this forum, will be deleted from the fleet register in approximately ten hours.

Daniel Sedlacek

Ron Ryker

Trilbane

John

Milla

Tom Stark

Rafius

Mat

All other members have an additional TWO WEEKS to post log files and join the new mailing list. Those members who have not done so within the two weeks will be removed from the fleet.

That is all.

-GD

All outstanding commanders have now been removed from the fleet. Check the Fleet Database to see our current standing.

As a result, we now have two vacancies. Josh Dilvorn has been retired due to non contact, and so we need a new Wing Leader for the Defence Wing. And Major Ryan Parker of the 77th Elite Force Squadron has been retired due to non-communication, which leaves us with no active fighter pilots.

Also, Commander Cody Bader will be leaving us soon, and as a result we will also need a new Commander to head up the CIOPS division of the ISS.

Any suggestions?

Your recommendations are noted.

Although I think Mikel is a marine, rather than a pilot. Mind you, we also have several Marine Battalions who don't have a CO or Command Sergeant...

-GD

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: DeSylva ]

Commander Jamont, why do you think I would be a good Wing Leader for CIOPS???

I checked one of the other posts on this forum... It sounds kewl! And I'd love the chance to be in charge of my own wing...

However i'm the newest commander in the fleet and I think one of the more experienced commanders would be a better choice than me.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Well, I'm throwing the positions open to applicants. You don't need experience to take on a Command position (Jerold *grin*)- only a willingness to work.

You see, I'm going to make use of our command positions. The succesful applicant to head up CIOPS will have the assignment of compiling dossiers on all of the main Insurgency members, as well as all known info on Insurgent assets and operations. This information will be hosted on a secure ISS site for all members to access. I know it's a bit of work, but think how much fun it will be, "going under cover" to research the Insurgency.

The succesful applicant for the head of the Defence Wing will be in charge of developing strategies for multiplayers. Any fleet members out there who have online multiplayer experience? I'm looking for strategies and a "communications guide" to make typed communications quicker, especially during fleet battles. Something like the acronyms used in, say, Starcraft. While I realise that, until multiplayer comes out, this will be theoretical, I want to make a start on this project.

So, who's keen to take on one of these tasks?

-GD

I'm still thinking about that...*grin*.

I've given the Insurgent assignment to CIOPS because that's what they are - Counter Insurgency. I'll have to come up with something for Intel to work on. Perhaps you could assist with the multiplayer stratefy guide - I know you'tre keen for multiplayer, Jamont...*grin*.

Sounds like fun... . I wounldn't mind having a crack at being CIOPS Wing Leader...

So, by compiling dossiers you mean, ummm, finding all the info you can about them like Rank, Age, Asset, past missions, kills, which fleet they belong to etc. That sorta thing?

Sounds reall cool, hehehehe.

I think even if I don't become CIOPS wing leader i might do that just for fun...

hehehe, i've found a regular gold mine of information about the insurgents, their assests etc.

And they left it all there for me to find

check this site: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/5552/InsFleet.htm

Im going to make microsoft documents for each insurgent member with all the in I can find about them inside

Jerold, that's exactly what I mean. As well s personal information about their characters (eg. Akira's shady background, Rattler's links to Akuma, etc.) and their pasy history; what assets they control; their ship; their playing style - hell, anything you can find! *grin*. Web sites, personal communications, etc. are free game. They may even want to give you some info about their character's background if you approach them.

Consider yourself the newly promoted CIOPS wing leader. I'll contact Cody immediately and inform him his succesor has been located. I'm sure he'll be pleased it's passing into capable and enthusiastic hands.

All communications regarding this project are, from this point on, to be between you and Fleet Command only. We'll keep all further development under wraps.

Congratulations!

-GD

Well, thanks for your faith in me there, DeSylva- I'm not dead yet, but a bit restricted. I'll be moving to a flat with a phone line hopefully within the next thirty days, then I'll be cooking again (and my lovely Eva will be moving in as well after she becomes my wife on the 8th of September ) in the meantime, I've been working a little on 'Ambitions' and I'll probably be posting a couple of chapters the next time I'm in Eva's office. I'll need SC's permission for a couple of the things I have planned there, which'll be difficult to get since I only have vanity email access at the moment ( [email protected] ) (don't expect replies to be instantaneous ) So if one of you doesn't mind having the story a bit spoiled for them, you could email me, I'll tell you what I have planned, and you could speak to him for me, or something?

I finally got out of my nightmare job, so I have some time for other stuff now.

I can't say I'll have enough time for a high ranking command position, but I'll be happy to take any post you think I'm worthy of.

See ya all later (not too much later I hope )