What's happening people?

Jerold Keenan

Did I hear the word defecting? You dont wanna do that. Stick by your fleet or transfer out to another GalCom one if you like, but dont go the Insurgent Way.

All the same, I'll take your body measurements now for the casket ... you know, just in case.

I want you to be in an active fleet as well, Nick. I want the ISS to be active. So how do we solve this problem? How do we get the ISS going?

I've posted a message over in General Fleet Discussions. Get over there and answer it...*grin*.

-GD

GD is a great fleet commander, even though his real life reaks havoc on abilities to stay in touch with everyone all the time and to do everything immediently!

We all have real lives, and I believe we should leave DeSylva in charge... not to mention the fact their's probably no chance in hell the SC would give us fleet control

I always found a running word battle with the bunnies gets the message accross. Also, people like to see a working chain of command and disciplined, orderly dialogue between fleet members. Promoting the ISS community would be a good way to gather people around you. Orions success is due to the community all my fleet members share. We do most of our talking and policy making back on HQ's forums. Having neat little things like domain names is also good for generating interest. A little bit of money spent can do you the world of good. Finally, RP interaction has always been a valuable recruiting tool. I would recomend more active RP from ISS members.

Worked for me.

The man has spoken, and seeing as he is the Fleet Commander of The Largest Single Fleet in the Battlecruiser Universe *grin* perhaps it's time we listened.

Time to get involved in some of the RPs, then. Perhaps even some gentle Insurgent baiting. What do we all think?

What has also worked for Blades, was choosing somebody deeply committed to the fleet, as his XO.

I can think of nobody else in ISS that fits this profile other than Cmdr Nick Jamont. You may feel otherwise, just my $.02 worth.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

I agree with Greg, Nick. You have been very committed to ISS since you joined, and seeing that most of the other members aren't helping at the moment including the previous XO... You should take his place.

However this is entirely up to DeSylva

As I've posted in reply to a thread in the ISS forum, I'm going to change the structure of the ISS and remove the Tactical Support arm (which has never had any members). I'm going to establish two commands - the Defence Command and the Intelligence and Espionage Command.

I am promoting Nick Jamont to the head of Defence Command, and Jerold Keenan to the head of Intelligence and Espionage Command. As such, Jerold will also be in charge of CIOPS, which will be made part of I&E Command.

I have moved Jamont from I&E to Defence because I think he is more suited to a role where he can be heavily involved in online multiplaying. He has a lot of experience with multiplayer games and online gaming, and I know he is very keen to get some fleet members together, get out there, and show the rest of the community how much firepower the ISS wields. I think he'll be perfect for the position.

The previous command staff - Ben Zwycky, Alun Tringad, and Jeehun Ristar, will be rendered inactive and transferred to the inactive portion of the ISS database, but they will not be deleted. Their time and committment to the fleet during it's inception ensured that it survived. Their parts in the Firsat Gammulan War ensured that the ISS had a place among the elite of the fleets, and they are heroes of GalCOM. They will be honoured with some sort of ISS Hall of Fame, and they will always have positions within the fleet, but it's important, as has been pointed out, that the reins of the fleet be passed on.

Both Heads will report to me. I will add Jerold to the Command mailing list shortly.

I will advise of the exact nature of the changes to the ISS structure via the mailing list and the ISS forum.

-GD