ISS Website offline

Jerold Keenan

Okay. We need a new server. Needs to be free. Preferably not too many pop-ups. And accessible to both upload files by FTP and by the web. Crosswinds sucks chunks and I can;t even log in from work anymore. Any suggestions?

quote:

Originally posted by DeSylva:

Okay. We need a new server. Needs to be free. Preferably not too many pop-ups. And accessible to both upload files by FTP and by the web. Crosswinds sucks chunks and I can;t even log in from work anymore. Any suggestions?

I use stormpages for the intercorp site. No pop-ups _but_ you get a banner in every html file (that's why I do not use frames).

Anyway, its 50Mb and it's free.

EDIT: I use the web interface to upload, but I think ftp is possible too

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

DeSylva, I had my Crosswinds site DELETED without warning.

Thank heavens I had moved it to my cable modem server. I lost the uploaded pics from my trip to japan..and my cable modem server dont have the space to put them all up again *sniff*

However, the http://www.geocities.com/m_jones_srn/iss/index.html link does work. Maybe pull ISS into geocities? Its much more stable, faster and less popups than crosswinds.

I am currently looking at this to solve all my fleet's webpage stuff:

http://www.stargateinc.com/Pages/hosting1.htm

You get :

2000MB/mo. data transfer

(excess transfer billed at $0.08/MB/mo.) *as if we gonna have THAT much traffic lol*

75MB disk storage

Windows 2000 running IIS

Multiple diverse fiber backbone connections

uninterruptible backup power PIII 800mhz, 512MB RAM, RAID

Your own domain name www.yourdomainname.com

Microsoft® FrontPage® 2000 server extensions

24/7 access to account via FTP, Visual InterDev®, or FrontPage®

Server side scripting using Active Server Pages, JavaScript, VB Script, Server-Side Includes your own cgi-bin directory to run scripts such as hit counters

FREE access to IMail server which allows you to completely administer your e-mail accounts from any web browser

20 configurable POP accounts

for $7 US a month. not bad at all. 84 bucks a YEAR.

No popups either