ISS Fleet Structure

Jerold Keenan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently there is no need for someone of that rank is my guess.

You need to be at least the rank of Fleet Commander to be in control of a fleet. So, all fleet leaders are Fleet Commanders.

If the SC thinks he needs a person of that rank he'll promote someone and that would be that.

Although I remember reading an old ISS Forum post, about Fltcmdr Ristar being promoted to Strategic Commander when SCID temporarily joined ISS.

The more you control the higher the rank the SC gives you I guess?

Although DeSylva may be changing the fleet so there is no VFC. I do, like you, believe it's a good idea that 2 people have level 2 security clearance. Just for this sort of situation where DeSylva can't get to a computer because he's on a vacation or the like.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

So here's the battle plan: You go out and scout, and tell me Where to SHOOT!

Seriously, I picked the Defense wing because that has an Obvious Mission, and I know what my role would be there in MP. They come, I kill...Nuff said.

Why are most people I know like that?

They see something, they shoot!

My friends, they come over, they want to play a game, they don't know how to play, I put them into the training scenerio's... they shoot the instructor.

IS EVERYONE ON EARTH TRIGGER-HAPPY?

I hope so, that gives me an excuse to shoot everybody.

I now jerald , but look people sign up , and there is no one to put them under the proper wings in the fleetdatabase , this is just what i mean , so ok i dont care if i dont get the job vfc , but we need someone that had the same rights to the fleet db and to the mail group.

and btw desylva , my email adres has change to [email protected] , can you change the defencewing mail group to that.

You guys are seriously weird.

Okay. I'm back at work and therefore have internet connection. Welcome to all new members, I'll get new member packages out to you shortly. Our website is down. In the meantime, new members, please visit www.yahoogroups.com and subscribe yourself to the insystemsupport mailing list.

Got lots of work here to do and some major emailing posting to get to, so stay posted.

BTW - structure is good, but for now, with reduced numbers, I have something simpler in mind. Will post that here.

BTW - Jamont, I thought I decided to make you XO (Second in Charge) before I left? Ah well. Consider yourself IT. You'll be promoted to FC shortly and be given Level 2 on the database. Welcome aboard...*grin*.

-GD

I guess every time I address you and DeSylva, I'm going to have to begin and end every sentence with, sir?!?

[rp]

"Sir, Insurgents detected in the Polaris system. We believe they are going to mount an attack on Galcom, sir!"

[/rp]

He he he

quote:

BTW - structure is good, but for now, with reduced numbers, I have something simpler in mind. Will post that here.

I'll note that in my Newbie page. So far, it looks like it's surpassing the Fleet FAQ by so much! Come check it out! (I'm fulfilling my role oas Newbie Welcome Wagon, before getting down to the grueling RP stuff.... So ya know. )

(EDIT: I updated the link to my site's top page. Going over major revisions with my site. I'm not one to leave links like that open and 404ed.)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]