Maybe a dumb question...

salisbury

Is it possible to get promoted once MP starts up? I mean if your proformance is good, better lets say than those ahead of you in the fleet chain of command, will your rank reflect that?

Also, is there a ship in BCM that is the same as the ship in BC3k? Is the Mark 1 for instance the same as the ship you commanded in 3k? Okay. THanks in advance.

The ship you flew in the original game was a Galactan Class Battlecruiser, also known as a Battlecruiser Mark 2. In BCM, the Galactan Class Battlecruiser is still there, but it looks different. The ship in BCM that mos closely resembles the Mk. 2 from the original game, is the Starion Class Battlecruiser, or Battlecruiser Mark 3.

-GD

Harrison, if you want to advance further in the CIOPS wing, talk to Fleet Commander Jeehun Ristar, who is the CIOPS Director.

I don't know how he's structuring CIOPS, maybe he'll keep it the same as it was before but if he doesn't... well, I hope he tells me so I can make the changes to the fleet structure chart.

If it is the same as before, CIOPS needs:

CO for Directorate of Operations

CO for Directorate of Intelligence

CO for Directorate of Training and Administration

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Final clarification:

Yes, (I think) you can go up in both Rank and Fleet Position in multiplayer. Rank being the in-game one, based on Experience/Combat Kills, and the Fleet Position being something like Executive Officer, Strategic Operations Officer, Staff Officer.

Your chances of getting promoted to a Fleet Position are based on how much you keep in touch with your Fleet Leaders, how active you are, and possibly your performace.

Your rank (in multiplayer) doesn't necessarily represent your Fleet Position. In the forums, we usually mark that in our sigs, but I'm not sure about multiplayer. Guess we'll have to wait until then.

-----

And since I see you're looking at fleets, I might also add that Orion is looking for some good folks. Only think of joining Orion if you know you're the best.

Oh, and our 22nd Interplanetary Marine Battalion and Orion Fighter Command don't really have anyone leading them, yet. But only think of a Fleet Position if you think you're better than the best.

$ilk should answer any questions about Fleet Recruitment in Orion, if you think you're coming our way. We're the most active fleet here, and plan to be at the top, in multiplayer. See you then.