New Logo and Sig Test

ISS FORUM

Okay all ISS people, listen up.

I have reviewed the logo I submitted to fit the new logo criteria - the 74x88 format. Frankly, it was a rushed job, and I didn't like it. The mai reason I didn't like it was that it showed Earth on it. The planet was very clearly not from Alpha Centauri or Omicron Eridani. The ISS is equally strong in all of these regions. For too long most people here have assumed we were only a Sol based fleet, and I'd like to change that perception.

As a result, I have created a new logo that more accurately represents our position. On it are featured three stylised stars - one for each of the three systems we protect as part of our duties - Sol, Alpha Centauri, and Omicron Eridani. Each star is surrounded by a shield - to symbolise our duty of defence. And each star is connected - representing our infiltration of these systems as part of our intelligence command activities.

I hope you all like it - I've emailed it to tacops to replace the old one.

I have also re-built the animated GIF file for our signatures. It currently has three images - Terran Logo, GalCOM logo, and ISS logo, at a 2.5 second delay (thanks to whoever it was pointed out that mistake - I think it miht have been Nova). Thank you also to whoever offered to host our signature gif seeing as Yahoo was locking everybody else out! Now that we have a free server, I've uploaded the image file to it. All fleet members should link to it. The address is

http://issfleet.iwarp.com/animsignlogo.gif

Reviewing the signatures, we have a few variations popping up. I will post below several examples of what I hope should be a standard signature file for all fleet members. Mine is a little different (of course!) because of a) the awards I won many moons ago, and B) the fact that I portray two characters. Fleet commanders' privilege...*grin*. The code for the signature is also posted below for those who are not familiar with HTML - just cut it and paste it into your signature file for the forum, changing the appropriate fields. For the time being, everyone's launch base should be ISS HQ (Titan/Saturn). All members should pick a craft from the type shown on the roster at the ISS fleet website.

Commander Insert Name Here

GCV-Insert Ship Name (Type), ISS HQ (Titan/Saturn)

Commander - ISS Fleet - Insert Fleet Group Here

Know yourself - Know your enemy - Defend your homeworld

animsignlogo.gif

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV-Svoboda (Firestorm), ISS HQ (Titan/Saturn)

Commander - ISS Fleet - Fleet Group Centaur

Know yourself - Know your enemy - Defend your homeworld

animsignlogo.gif

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: DeSylva ]

quote:

(thanks to whoever it was pointed out that mistake - I think it miht have been Nova)

You're welcome.

quote:

Thank you also to whoever offered to host our signature gif seeing as Yahoo was locking everybody else out!

You're welcome, again.

Good to see you back in the saddle, DeSylva. See my reply to the "web sites" topic on the ISS Boards (here at the 3000ad site) about web hosting.

Prarphrased quote

"Well, we could rename it IQS: "In Quadrant Support""

I wasn't implying anything that drastic. I was just trying to point out that the use of the word "system" implies "our" current solar system as we (humans/BCM gamers) see it.

Now that DeSylva has explained it, it seems better. MAybe he should beat it into our heads a bit more.

Mmmm, Super Carrier...

Urza drools on the design specs for his new ship

Anyway, I'm testing my new sig here. If there's any problems, point them out.

Uh, that didn't work. Fixing now...

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

System, in the game, refers to a star system - not necessarily Sol. By In-system I always meant within the home systems of the members of Galactic Command.

And Chav - I thought I'd been beating it in already? *grin*

Okay - suggestions for a new name for the ISS? *grin*. Not completely seriously, because I think the SC would strangle me if I asked him to open up his brand new Gold CD and rename all of the ISS's assets and references...*grin*.

-GD

quote:

System, in the game, refers to a star system - not necessarily Sol. By In-system I always meant within the
home systems
of the members of Galactic Command.

bolds are added.

quote:

Okay - suggestions for a new name for the ISS?

I think you hit on the answer yourself. Make it plural. In Systems support. You keep the ISS and everything that goes with it. It signifies more than one system and not a singular system which hard headed humans like me would continue to think means Sol system.

Perfect solution just by adding another s.

(just don't add too many s's. we have enough s's)