ISS Wing Logo's

buckthesystem

Ok there are a few threads at the mo' on this topic so I'm making a new one where we can discuss all the wings logos. (easier than monitering three threads! ) right I've done some more work on the defence wing logos and changed the destrier and pegasus slightly so that they are uniform.

. the font I used was serpentine so you can change that on your logo if you like.

Gareth, I've mailed the new ones to you. My only request is if anyone wants to change my logo's or whatever to please let me know first or let me do it myself. They're my works so I hope you understand. Right lets get the ideas flowing!

-RVS-

ps: Jerold please mail me any logos you want hosted.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fantastic work there, Reinar. The following comments...

The first two - Destrier and Pegasus - are fantastic.

The Centaur Wing logo looks good, but the stars are a little low-res and blocky. Perhaps soften them or replace them with a texture, like galaxy.jpg I like the big starburst at the top, though, so perhaps we could hi-res that up a little.

Unicorn I like, but can we change the Unicorn's colour from grey to white? And perhaps lose the sunburst behind the unicorn, replace it with, what - stars? OR a mineral planet (seeing as Unicorn is based in Omicron Eridani and the Vesperon homeworld is a mineral based planet)?

I really like the style you've come up with for the logos. It really packs a good design into such a limited space. You're doing a great job!

-GD

Thanks a lot, I apreciate the praise and i will take those suggestions into consideration. the reason the stars look a little off is because i had to make them! (with a paintbrush tool) I'll use that texture and see what i come up with. do you have a pic in mind for the planet? is there a pic in the manual i could maybe use? I wasn't so sure bout the sunburst so I will change it.

You could always find a public domain picture of Earth's Moon - it's a non-biological planet(oid).

I don't think there's anything in the manual. Do you have the BCM demo? I'm not sure if there's a mineral world in the demo that you could use a screenshot of (I can't run the demo myself).

What paint program do you use?

-GD

Right, I've redone the background on the centaur (i think it's much better) with a new star and starfield and reworked the unicorn. I changed the colour to an almost white. (theres a tiny bit of red in it) and removed the sunburst. I found a nice star graphic/symbol that i think looks great with the unicorn so i used that instead of a planet (although i've got a few planets. btw what colour is Omicron Eridani?) and I like it. I'll post them tomorrow. oh I've also removed the "wing" as requested. I think they've come out great even if i do say so myself!

quote:

Do you have the BCM demo? I'm not sure if there's a mineral world in the demo that you could use a screenshot of (I can't run the demo myself).

What paint program do you use?

got the demo, (though i'll have to reinstall it) but as i've said i found some nice planet graphics. as for my tools, paintshop pro 5 and animation shop. yeah yeah i know they're old but they work.

a little off topic but something that i've been wondering, I see you are in Oz, what internet connection do you have? With the fleet servers in the States are you concerned about performance in mp? that goes for other international members too.

I connect from work. I work in a major metro hospital and so we have cable connections - don;t know what the specs are. Pretty fast, though. I got the BC demo in an hour (I d/led it, even though I can;t run it - talk about desperate! *grin*).

At home, before it the ISP I was with folded, I had a 56k connection. Fast enough for email and web browsing, but little else. If I was able to run the game (which I'm not) I'd be fooling myself to think that I'd be able to get away with anything less than cable - maybe ASDL, although I don't know much about ASDL. Especially between here and the US. It doesn't help that there's only one cable provider in Australia (Telstra) and their prices are prohibitive ($300 set-up for an 18month contract, with $60 a month connection fee PLUS cents per megabtye).

-GD

I'm noticing that your images are a little lo-res and pixellated. This is most likely because you've used the fleet logo as a base, and it was lo-res and blocky to start off with! *grin*.

So download these files for your base images (race, alliance, fleet) and make sure you don't optimise the GIF or alter the palette more than necessary.

terran_logo.jpg

galcom_logo.jpg

isslogolarge.gif

Oh, and when you post the new images - just post the single images, not the animated GIFs - the flickering is beginning to hurt my eyes...*grin*.

-GD

PS: I have also created a new optimised and hi-res version of the sig image I'm using now - all members should use it until the wing logos are finalised. It is located at http://issfleet.iwarp.com/isslogo_web.gif

Look closely and you'll see the difference! *grin*.

PPS: All members should be aware that our fleet motto is "Know your enemy - Know yourself - Defend your homeworld!" and should have it in their sig, as well.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: DeSylva ]

okay the latest logos are on the top of the page (first post) sorry GD I only saw your request for the jpg now, i'll post them like that in future. please feel free to change the race/alliance logo's in my logos, my request (in the first post) was only really for the parts that I've made. hope you like the new ones!

-RVS-

ps: GD, I asked ('bout the inet conection) 'cos I've got a 56k modem at home and was wondering bout how other internationals were gonna manage. If I play at work I can get 64k (lease line) but I still think that wont cut it. I'll just have to focus more on rp I guess.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

Yikes, when I said that... I didn't expect that too happen, .

Well, I do agree with Nick that you have done good as a fleet member. You've been commited, hell, practically all the new members have been very committed. Are your sure your ready for the responcibility?

I remember when I was first promoted to the position of CIOPS Wing Leader (Flashback)... those were the days!

I wonder which wing we should make him leader of, Destrier has an orion wing leader. It has to be pegasus I believe.

Centaur = Ben Zwycky

Pegasus = Unassigned

Destrier = Epsilon 5

Unicorn = Nick Jamont

Chimaera = Jerold Keenan

CIOPS = Jeehun Ristar

Yes, Pegasus. Unless of course you want to give up leadership of Unicorn wing. We don't nessersarily have to be members of wings, like DeSylva.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

I am a member of Chimaera Wing - just not it's leader...*grin*. Don;t know if this is true in the DB - I'll have to change it.

We do need an ISS Wing Leader for Destrier Wing - during times of war it's command reverts back to the ISS. Besides, just because it's under the command of Orion in Tau Ceti, doesn't mean they own it.

So, Reinar - where would you like to be stationed? Pegasus - Rapid Response; or Destrier - moving between suppression of raiders and assassins in Tau Ceti, and security and defence in Alpha Centauri? Read the orientation packages to give you more information, but I think you definitely deserve the position of Wing Leader.

(And the Super Carrier that goes with it...)

-GD

Okay. I have examined Reinar's latestn work, and Jerold's redesign of the Fleet Group Chimaera logo.

I like them both.

Therefore, I'm signing off on them. The official logos are linked to below. All members using one of these "Wing" logos should link to the one below as any canges made in the future will then be reflected in your sigs immediately. These are the "official" versions, as it were, with full credit to Commander Reinar von Schaffen, for the Defence Command logos, and Commander Jerold Keenan, for the Chimaera logo.

centaur_web.gif

centaur_web.gif

destrier_web.gif

unicorn_web.gif

chimaera_web.gif

All logos have been palette optimised and should be small enough so as to not cause problems for people with modem connections.

Thanks for all of your hard work, RVS and JK.

-GD

Yeah, and I love my Galactan. Firestorms are too bloody immobile. And I don't really care about the extra fighters and shields/armour. I just spend a couple of hours upgrading my tech to the max and give myself 5000+ shield plus a couple thou more armour. MAX IOD'S will also turn my speedy Galactan into a rockem-sockem machine of death.

Not to mention that a galactan can hold more cloak fuel.

jeez guys, thanks a lot. I'm really touched that you want to make me a wing leader, I'm honoured!

I've optimised the centaur logo a bit, I agree that it looked a little low res, here it is:

centaurlogo.jpg

If you dont mind GD, could you "gif" it for me? I did it jpg so it would be seen better (and for longer than 2.5 seconds!)