THE GAME!

Come on Urza, don't hold out, you can do better than that...*grin*.

Oh, BTW, as posted on the ISS forum, consider it a competition. Over the next month, I want to see screenshots from those who have the game. Jerold, Jamont and I will judge the best screenshot and the winner gets...I dunno...my undying gratitude, or a free pass into a Stormcarrier, whichever comes first.

-GD

I got it.... and wow. Wow wow wow.

My monthly report was based on actual events in the game. I did defend the Jupiter resupply station from attack. I did destroy an insurgent ship, and watch the other ships hightail it out of there. I was boarded, and marvelled as my Marines reported the intruder's demise.

Jupiter looked freaking fantastic from the position I was in.

I'll check out Saturn today.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Guttersnipe ]

God people, if I had the game I'd have a half million screenshots up by now! (although I would have to host them at a site like geocities, *cough* *cough* *crap* *cough*)

Too bad I won't have the money for it till christmas, and then, i'll still have to order it and it'll take a while to get here...

It's also too bad the SC couldn't do one of those world wide releases the day it goes gold like Blizzard does... *sigh*... I got Broodwar a day after it went gold, I walked down to the store and bought it.

-JK

"BCM! BCM!, I'D GIVE MY SAUCE FOR A COPY OF BCM!"

-Ben Stephenson, 2001 A.D. "The Funny Farm" Mental Institution, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

"OuR ReAlItY DeFiNeS OuR ExIsTaNcE...

and right now, my exsistance sucks without BCM!"

*Runs into his room, pulls out a gun*

"Without BCM, I CANNOT LIVE!!!"

*Just as he was about to pull the trigger*

"Jerold, your potatoes and BBQ sauce is ready!"

*He drops the gun*

"I ALMOST FORGOT MY SAUCE!"

Am I seriously messed up or what?

Well, I have it now also. Installed no problem, Horrid frame rates though. (slow computer: AMD k6-3 450 128meg ram, dimond Viper V770 Ultra) That was in Roam. Will go back in and try the TA and IA scenarios, it might handle them better.]

I've been planning a new computer for a while now, so this is just a Temporary Setback.

I just need to finalize all my decisions and actually Order the parts to put it together. Now I have even MORE incentive to do that.

OK, I'll make a list:

All those new officer messages: "Marines engaging in combat on deck three" Cool!

Why are my systems still damaged?

I have to tell my flight engineers to do their job myself?!

All right, what happened to the debris fields?

Hmmm, auto land system: *beep* *bang* Weatherlight smashes into the ground, flips a few times, then falls into a lake.

Famous last words: "Hey, that flux field is fluxing, that means it must be safe!"

Intruders are acutally a threat.

Wow, eight fighters!

Only eight pilots?

"Are we there yet?!" "I told you, this is a slow ship, I can't make it go any faster!"

Is it really necessary to tell me I have 3 minutes of air left when I'm on the bridge of my ship?

Wow, vagrant missiles are so cheap...

I'm out of radine already?

presses CTRL-E for auto-destruct: ship explodes What, no two minute countdown?

So many options, so little time...

That's all I can think of right now. And how do you convert those screenshots to JPGs? I can't even look at them!

Alright, great. In a couple of days my profiles going to be deleted because I won't have the game before the 10th of December. I won't have it until I have the money to order it, and that won't be until christmas.

Geeze, ok, Ahhh, anyone have some ideas of what I could do at this point? heh heh heh.

I could try to register, only the field which requires the serial number from the games CD-ROM I can't fill, cause I don't have the bloody game yet, is the SC just out to get me? heh heh heh.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Brief me on why your profile is going to be deleted?

I'm sure if this is coming from the SC, Fleet Commanders will be able to intercede on behalf of members in good standing. It's probably another move to get rid of the detractors before we go over to private forums.

Put it this way, _I_ don;t have the game and I'm not going to be banned..*girn?&.

-GD

Everyone has to register their system specs and then make a link to those specs in their sig.

However, to register I think you need the seriel key from the game, therefor you need the game to register... and the SC said if you don't have the proper link in your sig by the 10th of december..

BAN!

quote:

_I_ don;t have the game

You don't have the game?! Come on, even I was able to scrounge up $50 from god knows where! In fact, I thought ahead and set aside $50 a few months ago.

No, don't put your CD-key on your sig. Put a hyperlink like the one I have. Just change the ID number at the end of the URL to your own.

Hey, this is my 400th post! W00t!!

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

Well YOU live in America, while we're stuck in Australia... half the world away from where the bloody game is manufactured. It would probably take 1-3 weeks for it to get here, PLUS HERE GAMES COST ON AVERAGE $85 when they come out. Lets see, plus another $20-30 for postage and handling thats around $105-115.

I'm just a teenager, I don't have a job so that kind of money is a fortune to me, fortunatly christmas ain't to far away and I'll actually be able to order it then... so once I order it i won't get it until around early JANUARY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

If you haven't noticed, I'm not in a good mood.

Urza - siddown. Nect time check the little "Country of Origin" tag on the forum. The ISS is an international fleet, not an American one.

Jerold - siddown. Urza was just making a comment. That's why there was a smiley in it.

I want a link to the specific thread that discussed this banning of players, posted here. Immediately. Consider that an order.

No one is going to be banned from my fleet without my express permission.

Now in case you haven't noticed - I'M having a bad day. I'm a nurse. I work in a ward where we currently have seventeen children. All of them have cancer. Some of them are dying. Most of them are very, very sick. And if they're not sick already, the drugs we're going to give them to treat their cancer, probably will make them that way. We've run around so much today that my feet feel like they're having hot pins stuck into them. I've worked 32 of the last 48 hours here. AND THAT'S JUST A NORMAL WEEK IN MY LIFE. So before anyone in this fleet decides to start egtting all medieval about a game - even a good one like this -

- just have a think about your priorities.

Now, remember? Link. Here.

PS: My computer's not capable of running the game. Chances are, I'm never going to own it - or not for several years, anyway. Watch Derek try and ban me...*grin*.

-GD

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: DeSylva ]

Alright Alright, sorry for being a little grouchy Urza... here is the link FC...

http://www.3000ad.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cg...c&f=22&t=000005

But now it looks like the SC has changed his mind, external/internal beta testers and long standing members of the community are of the hook... for now... *sigh*

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Whoa, this thead turned into a bombshell in a hurry!

Urza puts his pips in his pocket and dives behind a bulkhead

I didn't want to start any unrest. Sorry if I seemed a little assuming. DeSylva and Keenan, you both have my sympathy.